Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 10th July 2011, 14:14   #1
char69lie
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 00 Silver 106GTi
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
char69lie is on a distinguished road
Default Starting gym

Hi i have read through a couple of threads and online, basically I'm starting the gym in a few weeks, looking to tone up a bit and out on a bit of mass just looking at what to eat really and some constructive criticism..
I'm not looking at getting huge or a super dedicated diet..

Last few days I've have been doing..

Wake up.. 30mins or so cardio running or the bike...

Bowl of muesli and a banana or 2.. Glass of milk

Snack on banana or some sort of fruit

Lunch usually a chicken pasta or chicken/ ham sandwich (brown bread)

Snack.. Usually more fruit or sunflower seeds(starting to quite like these)

This is where I'd be going to the gym.. Around 5-6 in the evening

Dinner usually a Chicken/ beef meal, with veg

I usually eat quite a lot of pasta if i could add that in a lot more would be good!
Usually drink around 6-7 pints of water a day..

Like I said I'm not looking at getting into a super strict regim or want to get massive.. Just a general get fit and tone up and maybe put some mass on along the way

EDIT: if it help.. Im 5.11 and weight 12st on the dot.
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
slow as poss so all the pre teens register eye contact, windows down so I can exchange my Bebo address

Last edited by char69lie; 10th July 2011 at 14:18.
char69lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 15:09   #2
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Without sounding like a miserable sunday cunt, it makes me laugh when people allways say 'I don't want to get huge'. Trust me, you wont anytime soon.
It takes people years to get noticeably big, it doesnt just happen within several months.
What i'm saying is if you give it a half assed effort as you are afraid of getting big then it will take you longer to reach your goals.
Train full on as if you were trying to get as big as geneticly possible, then when you reach your desired physique, you can concentrate on just maintaining it.
This way you reach your targets alot quicker, but it will still take some time.

And what do you want to do first 'tone up' basically I think you mean drop some body fat and rip up abit ? Or concentrate on mass building ? It is possible to do both at the same time but this is a long proccess and you have to have your training and diet spot on. Its easier to do one first then the other.

Last edited by McGuire86; 10th July 2011 at 15:12.
McGuire86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 15:19   #3
char69lie
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 00 Silver 106GTi
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
char69lie is on a distinguished road

Yeah I knew it wouldn't happen over a few months.. Well yeah basically what you said lose a some body fat and rip up a bit.. I didn't really know how to put it across aha, just want to be more defined if that makes sense and not so scrawny looking lol
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
slow as poss so all the pre teens register eye contact, windows down so I can exchange my Bebo address
char69lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 16:02   #4
vtrxstickens
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): diablo 106 gti
vtrxstickens is on a distinguished road

do as much weight as you can and work reli hard and do more weight less reps, upto about 12 reps at a time that ur struggling to do the 12th and make sure ur routine does diffrent body parts each day and not the same so u gve muscle tme to repair and keep alot of protein and carbs in your diet. when youve reached how you want you body then change you routine to less wight more reps to maintaine it jus so u keep the muscles riped, you will continue to get bigger but not as quick, im sure when you go to the gym they will ask you what you want to do and they will tell you exactly what is the best thing for you. tbh tho most people including me started jus wanted to bulk up a little and tone up then u feel like ur never big enough so youl continue tryin to get bigger lol