Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 6th January 2009, 17:59   #1
Agent_Orange
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Agent_Orange has a spectacular aura aboutAgent_Orange has a spectacular aura about
Default Windows Media Player grumbles

Windows Media Player 11

Chose to run WMP as it provides album covers (to look nice on my portable MP3 player) and seemed less glitchy and a bit more involved than Creative Media Player.

After going to the trouble of sorting out all the track-listings and album covers etc, it seems to decide all on its own that a recent album cover I selected should be on about 10% of my albums! This "new" image even appears as thumbnails on folders in windows explorer etc (even after they've had one I custom selected)?

VERY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's this all about?
Old 6th January 2009, 20:03   #2
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

No idea why its done it, but use iTunes instead.
Old 7th January 2009, 17:13   #3
Agent_Orange
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Agent_Orange has a spectacular aura aboutAgent_Orange has a spectacular aura about

iTunes got unlocked today didn't it? No more dodgy copy-write security crap so it can be used on any mp3 player. Yes, a wise move to perhaps move over to it. Is it available on free download?
Old 7th January 2009, 17:15   #4
Josh_24
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 forte Jeep Cherokee
Josh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud ofJosh_24 has much to be proud of

yeah it is mate

Xbox gamer Tag - Geogenesis
Josh_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2009, 19:14   #5
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Orange View Post
iTunes got unlocked today didn't it? No more dodgy copy-write security crap so it can be used on any mp3 player. Yes, a wise move to perhaps move over to it. Is it available on free download?
Eh? You're getting confused with the iTunes application and the iTunes music store. You've always been able to use iTunes as a music/video player without ever touching the store. Also, you've always been able to use the music you download from the iTunes store on any MP3 player, it's a myth that you can only use it on an ipod!

Anyway, all the music on the iTunes store will be DRM free fairly soon.
Old 8th January 2009, 17:28   #6
Agent_Orange
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Thanks for pointing that out. I re-read my post and sound like a right dim-whit. That is and isn't what I meant, but I know what you mean. Innit