Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 2nd October 2012, 00:08   #1
JDub
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo '99 1.1
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
JDub is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Powerline help please?? :(

I've recently bought a powerline kit from 7dayshop and am having an issue...
I connect it all as it states in the set up guide firstly into the router then into the mains adapter etc.

Yet when I plug the router into the adapter via ethernet it doesn't show a data light.

The adapter has 3 lights... Power, Modem and Data.
When I first turn on the adapter that connects to the router the data light comes on for about 15 seconds maximum then goes off? The other one only shows power and modem but doesn't show data...

I am very confused, I have even tried them right next to eachother and they still don't link/pair or show data...

Any help really would be appreciated!
JDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 06:11   #2
newpersn
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1i SX
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
newpersn is on a distinguished road

Have u plugged in the other plug....

Might only be a live link when there a connection at both ends

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry_T View Post
soo good its a sig i loled
Add me on Live newpersn
newpersn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:23   #3
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

When you say you've plugged the router into the power adapter, surely that's where you're going wrong? The power adapter has to be plugged into the router.

You should have 2 plugs and a router. Take a cable from a port on the router and plug it into the first adapter. Plug that adapter into the wall.

Now plug the other adapter somewhere else in your house and connect your device via an ethernet cable.

What happens then, do you get a connection on your device?

A data light will only flash when it's sending or receiving data, if you've got nothing plugged into it then it's never going to send or receive any data meaning the light wont flash.