Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Nintendo Chat

Nintendo Chat Please use this forum to discuss Nintendo related topics

Old 10th December 2010, 11:58   #1
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of
Default Goldeneye - Any good?

I was wondering if anyone has got the new version of this on the Wii and what their thoughts were?

Any good?

Worth getting?
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 21:55   #2
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

I hope so as I was addicted to the original and have the Wii one on my Xmas list
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 14:59   #3
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

I could not hold out so just started to play it. After just the first level it is not looking good. As a fan of the original I am very disappointed so far. It is definitely nothing like the great N64 original. First thing you notice is it is far more scripted so you cant just go do things your own way. The health system is rubbish its just the run of the mill regenerative health that is all the rage these days. The first level is nothing like the N64 version and is and more so is nothing like film what so ever. They have basically taken out everything that made the original great and just turned it in to a run of the mill first person shooter I really hope it gets better as I play along.
Old 14th December 2010, 15:37   #4
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of

Damn, glad I didn't spunk out nearly 50 smackers for this then.

I just wanted it for the gold pad lol.

I had heard it's not like the original.

Report back if it gets any better mate.
Old 15th December 2010, 02:00   #5
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

What I have found after about 5 levels and a little bit of multi player.

As a single player first person shooter for the Wii it is probably one of the better ones.

As a first person shooter on all formats it is not a patch on what is available on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

As a fan of the film looking for the game it fails and fails big time. It is if the people making the game have never seen the film.

As a remake of the original it is a epic fail. In many ways Perfect Dark, Time Splitters and No One Lives Forever have more of the spirit or the original Goldeneye then this Wii game of the same name.

But it may be me as there are still plenty of good reviews for it.
Old 15th December 2010, 13:21   #6
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

What you have said is in line with reviews I've seen for it on Amazon. I think I will give it a miss.
Old 4th April 2011, 01:19   #7
ThrushMotorsport
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Turbo Saxo vtr, 2010 Octavia VRS TSI, mk3 Ibiza cu
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
ThrushMotorsport is on a distinguished road

the origonal wwas addicting! if its anything alike it, would be amazing.
ThrushMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 00:19   #8
theJoker
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Selt Leon TDi 150
theJoker is on a distinguished road

lets face it the original goldeneye was and still is one of the best 1st person shooters out there might have to get a N64 again just for that game.
theJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 16:05   #9
ChrisandCarly
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Mk2 vts
ChrisandCarly is on a distinguished road

who wants the wii one? dust off the old n64 and play it now god dammit
ChrisandCarly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisandCarly For This Useful Post: