Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 11th January 2019, 11:55   #1
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Jonathancilia is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo windscreen leak

Hi the other day i was driving in the rain and all of a sudden the corner of the windscreen above the driver (right hand side near the A pillar) started leaking water. Now this is the crazy bit. It only leaked for a few seconds and it stopped. Then i got home and poured alot of water on the car to simulate rain and not a drop of water entered. Today it rained again and it only leaked for a second and it stopped. Windscreen outer seal is new. Roof trims are old i don know if these do anything for sealing. Any ideas ? My car has no sunroof
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2019, 14:11   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Mine leaks in that corner, when you cant see the water, its running down the inside of the A pillar and into the sill.

If you peel back the carpet, there's a gromet on the inner sill near the front seat mounting hole. remove that and look inside the sill. you'll see if it's wet.

2 possibilities here

The windscreen BOND has failed - that seal on the screen isn't a seal, it's trim and it doesn't keep water out.

the chassis flex over the years has cracked the sealer on the roof skin underneath the roof trims. you'll see if the paint has cracked.

p.s you might need to take the front seat out to get the carpet back far enough.
Old 12th January 2019, 17:16   #3
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Yeah i went out and removed the sunvisor and the a pillar trim, i found that if i push the windscreen slightly there will be a gap between the screen and the sealer, its safe to say that as you said the sealant is failing.i think its not the original screen, maybe the person who installed it didnt care much about using good quality sealant lol.

Im not worried about the sill because ir only leaks like 4 droplets now and then and when it does it gets on my leg haha. Anyway my sill is open from underneath so any water should leak out if ut gets in.

Should i use silicone to seal the slight gap? I realise that a windscreen reseal is in my future but for the time being u would like to reseal it for now. I have a good sealant it sets very hard and even sets underwater, should i use it ?

Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 18:44   #4
Furioman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Ford focus 2.0 Saxo VTS
Furioman is on a distinguished road

polyurethane is the shit they glue screens in with
Old 12th January 2019, 20:04   #5
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Is it available in smal tube ? Like silicone. I only need a temporary fix for now
Old 14th January 2019, 15:09   #6
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Today i used WURTH black windscreen sealant and i cleanly smeared a bit on the inside. No more leaks now. I will check the other side aswell
Old 3rd May 2021, 16:55   #7
MattyD783

Car(s): Saxo VTR Mk1
MattyD783 is on a distinguished road

Excellent thread! Had the same issue last week. Using some black sealant inside the top edge of the screen seal for now.
MattyD783 is offline   Reply With Quote