Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 17th September 2008, 17:24   #121
Peejous
Saxperience Addict
West Midlands Region Member

Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!

Old 17th September 2008, 17:29   #122
Mint-VTR
Established Member

Car(s): Black VTR, Clio 172. Gaz Coilovers, Stealth Exhaus
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Mint-VTR will become famous soon enough

right thanks and i connent the two brown colour wires and just leave the red ones?
Mint-VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 17:31   #123
Peejous
Saxperience Addict
West Midlands Region Member

Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah, unclip the big brown block to the wires are seperated.

Leave the two red ones on their own, then join the two brown either by cutting the block off and joining them that way or the way thats in the first post:
Old 19th September 2008, 17:06   #124
vts-giarc
L-plater

Car(s): saxo vts phase 1 mark 2
vts-giarc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTripleX View Post
well i sorted it. thought i would check f there was any alternator output. turned out there wasnt. all sorted now with a new alternator.

i tried joining the brown wires and it didnt work for me either and seen your comment, so i took the gamble of buying a 2nd hand one of ebay for £16 and after a fiddly job of fitting it, it worked. I now have power steering ,rear demister and fan blowers.
Cheers matey

btw i have a mark 2 vts phase one, maybe its cos it is a vts is why it didnt work wen joining the wires or something, maybe the guys and girls it did work for could add to this if they dont have a vts
vts-giarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 16:48   #125
Mint-VTR
Established Member

well my mod that i did worked for a week and it set light whilst driving yesterday!!!
not impressed!

could it be that i used quite a thin wire
do i need large wire?

help appreciated(sp)!
Old 22nd September 2008, 01:26   #126
Mint-VTR
Established Member

scrap that

Last edited by Mint-VTR; 14th November 2008 at 18:10.
Old 10th October 2008, 12:49   #127
iw_laurence
Established Member
Isle of Wight Region Member

Car(s): BMW E30
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
iw_laurence will become famous soon enough

heres some pictures. i did this today and it worked fine

iw_laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 22:13   #128
Phil282

Car(s): Saxo East Coast Hatch "V" reg Clapped out Transit
Phil282 is on a distinguished road

Bought a Saxo for the Mrs earlier this year and had to take it back to the garage from whence it came as the heater blower was not working, then it would and then it gave up the ghost.They sorted the problem out and its worked fine up until last weekend. My son knackered the steering lock up and got the key jammed in it. Got the car home stripped down the steering lock, got the key out and got everything working again ( I thought) . Mrs goes out in car and complains that heater isnt workingSo following everyones advise I removed the wire block and did the conversion and Nothing ,Fookall , denada. Its nearly driving me to sodding .Oh and the rear window heater isnt working either. Ive checked the fuses under the dash as well. Anyone any further suggestions besides a gallon of petrol and a match ??????????????????????? PLEASE
Phil282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 21:30   #129
vts-giarc
L-plater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil282 View Post
Bought a Saxo for the Mrs earlier this year and had to take it back to the garage from whence it came as the heater blower was not working, then it would and then it gave up the ghost.They sorted the problem out and its worked fine up until last weekend. My son knackered the steering lock up and got the key jammed in it. Got the car home stripped down the steering lock, got the key out and got everything working again ( I thought) . Mrs goes out in car and complains that heater isnt workingSo following everyones advise I removed the wire block and did the conversion and Nothing ,Fookall , denada. Its nearly driving me to sodding .Oh and the rear window heater isnt working either. Ive checked the fuses under the dash as well. Anyone any further suggestions besides a gallon of petrol and a match ??????????????????????? PLEASE
hi mate, i had same probs as you but my power steering had also failed along with heater blowers and rear window demister, seen a comment here on saxexperience that changing alternator should fix prob and changing it with a £16 second hand one did fix it for me, is your battery light on at dash as mine was untill i replaced alternator and resolved all faults
Old 19th October 2008, 02:19   #130
Phil282

Quote:
Originally Posted by vts-giarc View Post
hi mate, i had same probs as you but my power steering had also failed along with heater blowers and rear window demister, seen a comment here on saxexperience that changing alternator should fix prob and changing it with a £16 second hand one did fix it for me, is your battery light on at dash as mine was untill i replaced alternator and resolved all faults
Alternators working fine, checked and double checked it. I spent £5 at the local scrappers and got a new 2nd hand steering lock assembly. got the original one out and swapped the lock assembly over to the newish one , fitted it and everything is now working (fingers crossed) I have noticed one thing tho, the heater blower will only work if the engine is running, Does everyone else`s do the same ????????? If not ive got a newneque car, mind you its used by a weird female
Old 19th October 2008, 11:27   #131
mattyb1981

mattyb1981 is on a distinguished road

i have taken a look at the missus west coast and the previous owner has cut of the connector on the brown wires and joined them together with a stright connector, but the pas has stopped working? any ides what i can do?
mattyb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 12:20   #132
vts-giarc
L-plater

yeah the blowers dont work on all saxos unless the engines running , it was one of the first things i noticed wen i bought the car, never known any other car like that.....who knows how the french think when building cars
Old 19th October 2008, 19:01   #133
Phil282

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vts-giarc View Post
yeah the blowers dont work on all saxos unless the engines running , it was one of the first things i noticed wen i bought the car, never known any other car like that.....who knows how the french think when building cars
Cheers for that info and theres me thinking I had a one off If I had known that before I went and got a newish lock assembly maybe everything would have worked without changing it. Oh well blame the Frogs yet again,
Old 4th November 2008, 10:03   #134
saxsport

saxsport is on a distinguished road

Hi all i replaced my sax's ignition switch when the heated rear window and interior heater stopped working i got one from a company in the west midlands.It was a brand new one and only cost me £25.99 + del & vat.Bargain.
saxsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 10:06   #135
saxsport

saxsport is on a distinguished road

Sorry never told you where i got it from so added the link :-
http://www.midlandpeugeot.com/Saxo106_Ignition_sw.htm
We all need the heater this time of year......
saxsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 18:01   #136
saxo_crazy

Car(s): Saxo VTR
saxo_crazy is on a distinguished road

Hi i have no heaters or rear screen heater but have PAS, but all fuses are ok, anyone know how to get full dash out?? so i can check wires not unless anyone has a better idea that works?? lol gettin really cold at night when have to have windows down for rear screen to de-fog =\

Cheers
saxo_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 18:13   #137
Mint-VTR
Established Member

how commonly is it the heater blower switch, i have PAS and heated screen but no blowers?

any help anyone?
Old 14th November 2008, 18:17   #138
Lozza_vtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf Mk4 1.8T
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bung View Post
how commonly is it the heater blower switch, i have PAS and heated screen but no blowers?

any help anyone?
Probably your heater blower motor has gone fella. I had the same problem with my '51 vtr, replaced motor and now all fine.
Lozza_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 10:35   #139
DavidKent
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): A van...
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
DavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant future

Does this mean the rear demister and stuff stay on with the ignition off though?
That'd mean flat battery and stuff?

Pretty ideal mod, but surely there needs a fuse or something to stop things blowing?

Correct me if i'm wrong just curious tbh
Old 17th November 2008, 11:44   #140
saxo_crazy

Car(s): Saxo VTR
saxo_crazy is on a distinguished road

Like i asked before, my pas works but no heaters or rear heated screen does,,, when your PAS, heated rear screen, and heaters stop working, does the light come up on the rear heated screen button?? because mine does but it doesn't work =\?? any help??
saxo_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote