Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 18th December 2013, 16:58   #1
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of
Default Psoriasis

Anyone get this shit? With the weather getting abit colder lately mines starting to get worse. Sick of putting creams n stuff on lol

Just wondering if anyone else gets it and has any tips? What foods to eat and not to eat etc
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 17:35   #2
hazlo
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hazlo is on a distinguished road

me along with exzema. Its gone nuts lately on the inside of elbows, armpits, neck, feet. I would also like some info! i just use an emolient twice a day
hazlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 17:42   #3
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Fucking nightmare init lol.
Old 18th December 2013, 17:54   #4
hazlo
Regular Poster

too right bud it's doing me in!
Old 18th December 2013, 18:31   #5
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Giraffe is on a distinguished road

I do and funnily enough the only thing that helps me is going to bed early and getting a decent nights sleep and keeping stress levels as low as possible. I've read that unpasteurised milk can help, although it is expensive.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 19:02   #6
hazlo
Regular Poster

funnily enough mine tends to be better the day after i've been on the piss, i wonder if thats down to a drop in stress levels because i've been told that stress makes it worse
Old 18th December 2013, 19:14   #7
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Ill have a look into that milk like cheers mate. Drink n tabs make it worse i think lol. Think ill have to be gay n get some sunbeds over the winter lol i had uv light treatment n it was good
Old 18th December 2013, 19:54   #8
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
Ill have a look into that milk like cheers mate. Drink n tabs make it worse i think lol. Think ill have to be gay n get some sunbeds over the winter lol i had uv light treatment n it was good
What time do you go to bed/get up?
Old 18th December 2013, 20:52   #9
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

I used to suffer with Psoriasis quite badly when I was younger. Now it's more Eczema. I don't get rashes or itching though. My skin just goes dry and scaly.

The one thing i'd advise is a cream called "Aveeno" Awesome stuff and i've swore by it for about 10 years now.
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 10:48   #10
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
What time do you go to bed/get up?
Bed about half 10 up at half 6
Old 19th December 2013, 10:50   #11
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJay View Post
I used to suffer with Psoriasis quite badly when I was younger. Now it's more Eczema. I don't get rashes or itching though. My skin just goes dry and scaly.

The one thing i'd advise is a cream called "Aveeno" Awesome stuff and i've swore by it for about 10 years now.
I used to get it as a kid aswell but it went away for ages. I think it was set off again when I got some tattoos lol. Ill have a look into Aveeno mate cheers
Old 19th December 2013, 11:08   #12
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
Bed about half 10 up at half 6
Do you force yourself to stay awake, like do you feel tired before then or do you just go to bed when tired?
Old 19th December 2013, 11:17   #13
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Never really force myself to stay awake on a night. Usually tired around that time but sometimes I dont even want to go to bed haha. Its getting up thats the hard part
Old 19th December 2013, 11:41   #14
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Ah, well what I'm getting at is maybe your sleeping pattern is out of line with your circadian rhythm. If you're struggling to get up, then you're probably waking up at the wrong time or you are needing more sleep... Does your alarm wake you up?

Sounds daft, but I feel infinitely better if I go to bed at say 8, and let myself wake up at 4, than going to bed at 10 and waking up at 6.

Might be worth experimenting with, although it is a bit of a ball ache. Got to the point last year where my hands were bleeding my skin was that dry and cracked, my eyes were red and puffy and itchy etc and had flaky scaly skin all over my eyelids and under my eyes, my arms and back were red raw etc, and I basically just had a week of going to bed at 7.30pm, drinking plenty of water on an evening and waking up naturally, and it was all gone after that week... Was nothing short of a miracle to me!
Old 19th December 2013, 12:22   #15
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Aye it makes sense tbh lol. I've never really been a morning person lol. Just means Ill have to go to the gym n near enough go straight to bed but I'm goin to give it a try lol. I've got a few holidays in this week anyway so im getting as much sleep as i can haha
Old 19th December 2013, 12:28   #16
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Maybe give yourself a week off from the gym, just take a week to fully relax and recover.
Old 19th December 2013, 12:29   #17
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

I've already had a week off I need to get back soon lol. Got some sort of water infection aswell so that fuckers not helping things lol. Its not just cos of that tho Its been getting bad for a while
Old 19th December 2013, 12:31   #18
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Annoying as fuck cos I wanna go in the steam room n for a swim haha
Old 23rd December 2013, 12:31   #19
nicole_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS & EK9
nicole_ is on a distinguished road

I've had it since I was 13. Only thing that really clears it up quickly is dovobet. Only problem is it's fairly strong and not recommended for regular use as it thins the skin and in some people makes it worse in the long run.
When I cant use dovobet, I use dovonex and sun beds. UVB light really helps, so doctors can prescribe sunbeds with special UVB bulbs in, but if you dont have it that bad, normal sunbeds have a bit of UVB so they do some good
I can clear up a really bad flare up with a mix of all three

also, alcohol makes mine flare a little too
nicole_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:53   #20
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Audi a3 1.8sport,kawasaki zx9r c2,Yamaha R1 track
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wullvfr is on a distinguished road

That aveeno is top notch stuff,my son suffers from eczema on the odd occasion and has has the occasional outburst as he's allergic to lanolin so we were getting aveeno oil and cream on prescription and it worked wonders.

The stuff for putting in the bath was really good,sadly you don't get it on prescription now,they give us some alternative which we aren't decided on yet.
wullvfr is offline   Reply With Quote