Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 29th June 2006, 13:36   #61
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
IF your wanting to go with the TB's then standalone management is necessary, desirable would be wild cams, forged high compression pistons. Larger valve head would be good to but starts to get expensive.
Altho at the moment its just ideas in my head, its a serious idea. The more help i get on this the better!

As i say im serious about it, what order would you do things? Would it be worth gettin the exhaust, manifold first, then TB's, standalone, cams, pistons and larger head? Would you know a rough price for the TB's, standalone, cams, pistons and head?

If all done at once, the a big jump in power, would it not result in faults with the car? I would of thought it may work out a bit cheaper if i do it all at once with the labour charge.

As ive said, id be willing to put 3k into the engine, would this be possible on that budget?
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 15:47   #62
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

if you havent already read through most of the pages on www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk some really useful stuff to absorb on there

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 17:43   #63
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Il check it later mate, got footy training!
Old 29th June 2006, 23:52   #64
Jimbo
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Jimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to behold

This is a great thread.

Out of curiosity, can we see your car please Scott?

You've obviously have alot fo knowlage, and are/ were a grease monkey at some point. So does your VTS reflect all this?

I know i've never seen it, and going on your enthusiasm for Saxo's, i bet it's an awsome car.
Old 30th June 2006, 00:09   #65
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

my vts looks nice but i haev been working 7 days since i got it so mechanical things havent taken place yet, cage being purchased soon and then the fun can begin properly

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 30th June 2006, 14:09   #66
Andyt
Established Member

Car(s): 16v powered furio.
Andyt has a spectacular aura aboutAndyt has a spectacular aura aboutAndyt has a spectacular aura about

Were you a grease monkey Scott?
Old 30th June 2006, 14:10   #67
Scottp
Administrator

i seem to be more qualified than half the proper grease monkeys that work in garages these days :rolleyes: but i have no certificate to show for it Always worked on the rules of: try it, if it breaks buy a new bit, if it works: great

Old 30th June 2006, 18:29   #68
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Scott's saxo has never really been shown on here, i know when he first got it it was, but i was suprised to see it have a kit on and black wheels at FCS. It has potential and i hope you dont let us down!

Im reading more information on the engine mods and thanks to everyone who helped me! im sure i will have alot more questions should i get it all done
Old 1st July 2006, 10:02   #69
S34MER
East Midlands
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Fabia VRS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!

u've made me proud ppl, a good thread!

Turbo Diesel is where the future lies

Bow to the VRS
S34MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 11:08   #70
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
i seem to be more qualified than half the proper grease monkeys that work in garages these days :rolleyes: but i have no certificate to show for it Always worked on the rules of: try it, if it breaks buy a new bit, if it works: great

Thats what andy my mechanic says! if it breaks fix it, if not its all good...! its all just big boys lego really!! LOL

WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2006, 18:21   #71
Jimbo
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Jimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
my vts looks nice but i haev been working 7 days since i got it so mechanical things havent taken place yet, cage being purchased soon and then the fun can begin properly
When the Work gets started, be sure to make a Progress thread! :Y: