Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 15th January 2008, 09:48   #261
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Ford Transit
iTrader Score: 18 (95%)
-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by richhyg View Post
anyone got a mk2 cat manifold (standard) for sale?
anyone?
Old 15th January 2008, 10:57   #262
joe___vtr
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): mk2 vtr (posi)
joe___vtr has a spectacular aura aboutjoe___vtr has a spectacular aura aboutjoe___vtr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
you mean you want to de-cat by putting a mk1 manifold on to your mk2?
yeah thats exactly what i mean.
will it go straight on??? thanks
joe___vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 13:39   #263
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe___vtr View Post
yeah thats exactly what i mean.
will it go straight on??? thanks

yes it will, all 1.1 1,4 1,6 (vtr) are the same fitment but the vts is obv different because its a 16v and all the others are 8v
Old 15th January 2008, 15:04   #264
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

finchy, you got any vid's of what the car sounds like now with the manifold on?
Old 15th January 2008, 15:18   #265
FinchysSaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Megane F1 R26 Liquid Yellow
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

i havent m8 i could do some tomorrow if weather is good. would you want driving or parked??

Woo my dash has arrived, avent seen it yet, my mum just called me
Old 16th January 2008, 11:33   #266
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

can any one help:

ok so the garage where my car is at is advising me to put original manifold with cat back on, i havent got this as it got chucked because it was broken anyway that was the reason to get the racleand.

so they are now advising me to whelf a nut to the manifold and screw the lamber into the racland on the last bit just before the second lamber,

well i have been thinking about this and wont the engine light be continually on due to no cat on?

help me and rep given cheers
Old 16th January 2008, 11:47   #267
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

the first lambda that should be in your raceland is the one that should read dirty fumes. Which it does.

The second sensor, should be reading the clean air after the cat has done it's job. So like you said it would read dirty air when it should read clean air on the second sensor.

Why are they telling you to put the standard one back on?

But yes it should be on if you did as the garage said to do.
Old 16th January 2008, 13:53   #268
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

if you put the second 1 in a sleeve you really shouldnt have any problems m8. alot of people have done it like myself and the light dosnt come on and the car is fine. make a sleeve out of copper if you really want il make you one for a charge??
Old 16th January 2008, 14:34   #269
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchysSaxo View Post
if you put the second 1 in a sleeve you really shouldnt have any problems m8. alot of people have done it like myself and the light dosnt come on and the car is fine. make a sleeve out of copper if you really want il make you one for a charge??
i have got the proper sleeve from gmc
Old 16th January 2008, 14:53   #270
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

and does it not work??
Old 16th January 2008, 15:56   #271
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

When I 1st Put Manifold And Sleeve On My Car It Was Perfect Best Thing I Had Done, Ran Fine For 3 Months Now Got Problems And Garage Is Blaming It That The Lamber Sensor Isnt In The Manifold Basically
Old 16th January 2008, 16:02   #272
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

hmm iv had mine on along time now and so far no problems, i dont no if its anything like your coilpack mite be fuked, hard to tell
Old 16th January 2008, 16:17   #273
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

coil pack has been replaced
Old 16th January 2008, 16:17   #274
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

so which lamba sensor goes into the sleeve? so i can check tonight
Old 16th January 2008, 16:18   #275
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

o ok. the second 1 m8
Old 16th January 2008, 16:20   #276
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

cheers
Old 16th January 2008, 16:21   #277
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

my car has been comiong back and forth to 2 different garages since 22nd dec, its had new ecu coilpack map sensor and spark plugs
Old 16th January 2008, 16:39   #278
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

but when i got it back fri night after work was done to the cu the car was fine with no engine lights or anything and then sat morning the light came on when i started it and then got worse from there on

help is much appriciated +++ rep given
Old 16th January 2008, 18:52   #279
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchysSaxo View Post
o ok. the second 1 m8
thanks
Old 17th January 2008, 11:45   #280
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

God thats alot of hastly youv went through m8! Surely by now i would have thought that a garage could have given you an answer? Would love to help m8 but the only plodable thing i can think of is the sensor, thats what it sounds like to me!