Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 30th December 2010, 08:52   #2201
jsdvtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): 2003 vtr/s
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
jsdvtr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE_VTR1 View Post
in my opinion no mate. because then iv gotta spend loads rebuilding it back up in a few months or whatever. I'd rather just get rid of everything and start a fresh being honest.
Ahhh ok well just when you said how much you didnt want to get rid of car was just the engine payment was making u broke.

I really fancy a rallye as a daily but i ai t got money and wouldnt have anywhere to keep to build up.
jsdvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 13:19   #2202
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr15 View Post
Stuff should sell quickly, plenty of vultures on Sax-P, Willsy soon sold everything.
Lee, we both spent an absolute fortune on our cars, and if its any help with backing up your decision to break it im having absolutely no regrets atall from getting rid of the Saxo.

Certainly got to the stage where there was daft very expensive and unneeded impulse buys (engine for you - tb's, diff'ed gearbox to name a few for me)

Selliing the Saxo has cleared all of my car debts, paid the deposit on the Ibiza, a chunk into savings and bought the AX so by far the best decision to have made.

Much much happier now and with having the AX as a very long term tinkering project to literally start from scratch ill now be spending wisely using my head and not spending wildly with the wallet

Win
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 30th December 2010, 13:29   #2203
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

but matt you dnt have to have debt and the car, i dont have any debt, and have my car plus my little corsa 03 plate run around.

i have no debt, and always have money to spend every month on myself, plus i cover all my household bills.

just have to spend wisly, and save for parts, i am using the winter to save and get the new parts i want over the winter.

dnt try and do it all in on go, that how you end up in debt, it a long process, i been biulding my car for near 3 years now.
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 14:01   #2204
Tufty
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Black Furio, Amazon Green VT-S Road Beast
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tufty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySAXO View Post
but matt you dnt have to have debt and the car, i dont have any debt, and have my car plus my little corsa 03 plate run around.

i have no debt, and always have money to spend every month on myself, plus i cover all my household bills.

just have to spend wisly, and save for parts, i am using the winter to save and get the new parts i want over the winter.

dnt try and do it all in on go, that how you end up in debt, it a long process, i been biulding my car for near 3 years now.
I do agree with you mate, i think some people devote themselves too much to there car and then end up in a nasty pit... I have saved up... done it step by step on my own to be honest. But then my will to win is fairly high, i would not let a car beat me down.

However on that note! With age comes maturity, and other priorities do come into the scene.
Old 30th December 2010, 14:03   #2205
AFB10
Infrequent Poster

AFB10 is on a distinguished road

sweeeeett
AFB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 16:18   #2206
CHIP
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Astra Coupe Edition 100
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
CHIP is an unknown quantity at this point

Might have to take you up on that Lee.

One thing can be said, you can still have a fun car to drive with the Saxo. I think sometimes the biggest downfall of some car's (as far as the owner's concerned) is when it comes to the engine. Do the suspension, won't cost a bomb and you will get a very good handling car. Even play with the brakes. But once you start messing with bodies/boost/charger etc it becomes an expensive and time consuming hobby.

And let's face it, you can still have masses of amount's of fun in any 106/Saxo with a decent suspension set-up.
Old 30th December 2010, 18:22   #2207
bunkerstevo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo forte posi blue
bunkerstevo is on a distinguished road

Loving the rally m8
bunkerstevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 19:33   #2208
LEE_VTR1
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): RB RS 200
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
LEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsy View Post
Lee, we both spent an absolute fortune on our cars, and if its any help with backing up your decision to break it im having absolutely no regrets atall from getting rid of the Saxo.

Certainly got to the stage where there was daft very expensive and unneeded impulse buys (engine for you - tb's, diff'ed gearbox to name a few for me)

Selliing the Saxo has cleared all of my car debts, paid the deposit on the Ibiza, a chunk into savings and bought the AX so by far the best decision to have made.

Much much happier now and with having the AX as a very long term tinkering project to literally start from scratch ill now be spending wisely using my head and not spending wildly with the wallet

Win
we have spent lots and lots mate, and tbh i dont think ill as such regret breaking this but ill miss the car a little its brought me some fun but at the end of the day its got to be done and ill have time to build up a decent car again sometime soon.

yea daft money does come into it, if i was to go this far on a car again i dont think id do it to a saxo/106 tbh theres loads of better cars out there just as fun as these cars for better money.

i wish id spent my money abit more wisey tbh id like to think i did at the start of this project with dialing in the suspension and braking then going all out on the engine just killed me as i dont like oweing toad so much money but at the time it seemed like a good idea.

Quote:

andy could you have tried to rub it in my face anymore and seemed like a cunt about it. yes i owe toad alot of money but id be well off if i didnt just had a pay rise at work and that, money isnt everything mate and im still young its different for you owning a house and what not and fair play for having 2 cars but not everyone gets it that easy. iv always had to fend for myself with no help from parents or anything and owing toad so much money just isnt something i want hanging over my head which is why iv decided to just get rid and start fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufty View Post
I do agree with you mate, i think some people devote themselves too much to there car and then end up in a nasty pit... I have saved up... done it step by step on my own to be honest. But then my will to win is fairly high, i would not let a car beat me down.

However on that note! With age comes maturity, and other priorities do come into the scene.
i agree mate but hey its just one of them things i went in abit fast and am now regretting having this money hanging over my head. lols im not letting this car beat me down either im just being sensible and saying enough is enough theres nothing wrong with that, sometimes in life you need to take a step back and just think is it really worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP View Post
Might have to take you up on that Lee.

One thing can be said, you can still have a fun car to drive with the Saxo. I think sometimes the biggest downfall of some car's (as far as the owner's concerned) is when it comes to the engine. Do the suspension, won't cost a bomb and you will get a very good handling car. Even play with the brakes. But once you start messing with bodies/boost/charger etc it becomes an expensive and time consuming hobby.

And let's face it, you can still have masses of amount's of fun in any 106/Saxo with a decent suspension set-up.
yea thats the way i see it mate ill still have myself a nice car i can whore out and drive that handles well and is still relatively nippy. suspension for the vtr will be free as i already have it mate sat in my garage, h&r coilovers, pugsport 23mm bars with bilstein black capped bilstein dampers and 24mm arb polybushed beam and wishbones lower brace etc. i think ill play with the brakes too tbh.
Old 30th December 2010, 21:39   #2209
Simonp
Super Moderator

Car(s): 207 HDi GT
iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
Simon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team member

Gutted your breaking it, but understand why.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 21:46   #2210
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

we all come to the point that having the car off the road for so long and spending so much sorting it you get annoyed loose motivation don't seen an end etc I'm gutted I didn't get to see this and Matts old saxo but I respect your decision and I ain't going to be one of the people to not do it because I've done it in the past before and I am doing it at the moment with mine.

All I can say is whatever car you get next to "project" like Matt you will know when to stop
Old 30th December 2010, 22:31   #2211
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
andy could you have tried to rub it in my face anymore and seemed like a cunt about it. yes i owe toad alot of money but id be well off if i didnt just had a pay rise at work and that, money isnt everything mate and im still young its different for you owning a house and what not and fair play for having 2 cars but not everyone gets it that easy. iv always had to fend for myself with no help from parents or anything and owing toad so much money just isnt something i want hanging over my head which is why iv decided to just get rid and start fresh.
never meant in a cuntish way, sorry if it came accross like that, just stating that everyone seem to talk about debt and how much these cars do put everyone in debt, also i never had hand out from the parents, i leant my trade, got my papers, now i am trained electrical engineer and mechincal engineer, so i am on a good wage, so it helps.

and it was more at matt really, he seem to buy parts for his old saxo which where not really needed at the time, instead of just using it and getting the enjoyment out of it.

i understand what happened with you, as you payed alot out for toad engine, which was a good idea, as it would of cost more in to biuld it to the spec toad had.

just a shame it never going to get finished,

still used then car and didnt just biuld it for years, never use it then break it up, like some people on here are doing... that a pointless thing to do,

never meant my comment to be cuntish in anyway, i just thing everyone talking about debt really shocked me, seems everyone on here has it
Old 30th December 2010, 23:00   #2212
blackvtrt
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): 02 Gold Cleaned OEM+ VTR
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
blackvtrt will become famous soon enough

Lee ur tottally right in ur decision tbh. For obvious (Sp) reasons people dont want to see such a nice car been broken but if your not enjoying owning it then its a personal choice. This project your making the decision so im guessing u'll be less gutted to see this go been it ur decision than the vtr which you had no choice in. Im sure you'll build something else good. Ur right on better cars aswell, as a cheap bit of fun small french hatches are gud but once u start throwing money at them you just never going to see any sort of a return on them!

My Cleaned oem+ MK2
blackvtrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 00:28   #2213
willsy
West Midlands

willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
and it was more at matt really, he seem to buy parts for his old saxo which where not really needed at the time, instead of just using it and getting the enjoyment out of it.
Fully agree, but then again isnt most of the people on the site guilty of buying parts that they dont really need.

I think everyone sets out with the intention of having a good fun car though, yet the culture as it is today is that everyone wants the best things available, i dont doubt that theres a little bit of a 'competitive' side in everyone too that strives for the best parts available, often just because someone else has it and not because they need it or will ever push their car to those limits.

Ive said many a time that when i first joined here that TB's were virtually unheard of, coilovers were unheard of too. Most were happy with a simple Spax suspension, a tidy exhaust, induction kit and a few cosmetic mods

Alot of us have had and bought obscenely expensive parts of which 99% of people will never ever make best use of.

It got to the stage with mine where i had a respray and spent so much time and effort and money making it look pretty and kinda lost the way with what was actually needed to get reasonable performance and basic enjoyment from.

As much as i wanted to use it, If id have had an "off" on a track with the Saxo that would have been it, id have lost a potload of money and being so attached to the car id have been devastated, im pretty sure the same would go for lee as he's spent hours upon hours getting the Rallye to the standard that its at.

Certainly for me ill be so much happier with the AX - Paintwork i couldnt care less about, its the Mk1 so bumpers are bare plastic (no stone chips for me) its much lighter than the Saxo would ever have been and its pre cat so no bloody emissions rubbish

Itll always be a difficult decision but as its been seen quite alot recently to sell a car whole would be daft when theres so much more to be made from parts.

Its still a shame that the engine didnt work out but at the end of the day we all know that Lee will make a really decent car out of Rossi's VTR too

Last edited by willsy; 31st December 2010 at 00:32.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 31st December 2010, 00:34   #2214
willsy
West Midlands

Quote:
Fully agree, but then again isnt most of the people on the site guilty of buying parts that they dont really need.

I think everyone sets out with the intention of having a good fun car though, yet the culture as it is today is that everyone wants the best things available, i dont doubt that theres a little bit of a 'competitive' side in everyone too that strives for the best parts available, often just because someone else has it and not because they need it or will ever push their car to those limits.

Ive said many a time that when i first joined here that TB's were virtually unheard of, coilovers were unheard of too. Most were happy with a simple Spax suspension, a tidy exhaust, induction kit and a few cosmetic mods

Alot of us have had and bought obscenely expensive parts of which 99% of people will never ever make best use of.

It got to the stage with mine where i had a respray and spent so much time and effort and money making it look pretty and kinda lost the way with what was actually needed to get reasonable performance and basic enjoyment from.

As much as i wanted to use it, If id have had an "off" on a track with the Saxo that would have been it, id have lost a potload of money and being so attached to the car id have been devastated, im pretty sure the same would go for lee as he's spent hours upon hours getting the Rallye to the standard that its at.

Certainly for me ill be so much happier with the AX - Paintwork i couldnt care less about, its the Mk1 so bumpers are bare plastic (no stone chips for me) its much lighter than the Saxo would ever have been and its pre cat so no bloody emissions rubbish

Itll always be a difficult decision but as its been seen quite alot recently to sell a car whole would be daft when theres so much more to be made from parts.
Old 31st December 2010, 00:38   #2215
ollsaxogti
Established Member

Car(s): S2 106 Rallye
ollsaxogti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsy View Post

Its still a shame that the engine didnt work out but at the end of the day we all know that Lee will make a really decent car out of Rossi's VTR too
thats probobly the most sense ever posted on this forum ive seen willsy
ollsaxogti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 02:50   #2216
ashw106rallye
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

Car(s): s1 white rallye 16v s1 cherry red rallye 16v
ashw106rallye is on a distinguished road

dont break you rallye dude you will regret it dude

Last edited by ashw106rallye; 31st December 2010 at 10:10.
ashw106rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 07:58   #2217
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore

Yer well, that why I have paid very little on my bodywork, so not too much to pay and lose to re shell.

If it a track car not really any point in spending too much on the body work.

Also most the time the engine should most likly, be able to swap into different shell, and the dampers andsuspension, but it a risk you have to take have too know well I dnt do this to get my money back, as everyone knows you will never get your money back.

Matt to be fair to you, you biuld a track show car really,

I can't be bothered in painting the shell, just rust proof as much as I can, I just want to use it on the track, get the most out of what I done,

Half the parts on my car I most likly could keep so it only a matter of getting a new shell and re shelling the engine.

That the way I look at it.

Only go to shows to meet people off here or I wouldn't do shows, as they are not great.

But matt if your going to track the ax then best get out there, get the enjoyment from it.

Make it all worth it when your out on track,
Old 5th January 2011, 20:21   #2218
Lewisimo
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Lewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm going pug1off tomorrow mate actually to drop my loom off because I want the rallye running man.

pug1off have some bad rep man but they are a good company man and do know what there doing.

sandy is a fucking hero though but I have £150 in my pocket right now and I know if I don't do this now I'll spend that money on something else and regret not doing this now mate so I'm taking a trip to pug1off tomorrow.

so I won't bother going for the sandy loom anymore man as im sure it'll be fine tbh. pug1off done all the wiring originally on toads car and that was problemless so I'll trust there workmanship.
I guess at this point you now wish you'd gone with a Sandy Loom instead! Never mind mate - sad to see you're splitting the car, it's a great looking rallye, just make sure it goes to a good home

200Bhp Rallye Blog: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250703
Lewisimo is offline   Reply With Quote