Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 8th June 2012, 23:44   #101
greyjasper51
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): posi blue vtrs race car
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
greyjasper51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Was it a javelin run day? If so would explain a lot.

Fucking cowboys, bollock people for minor things but let their resident morons drive like cocks without doing anything.
Youll find most officials get bullied at home and have their bit of power at the track and so they use it to its full potential... Not all tho.... but some are

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=424462
greyjasper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 23:45   #102
titchster
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Was:16v 106 XS ..... Now: Import 1.8 MX5
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
titchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the rough

Think it was, actually.
titchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 23:48   #103
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyjasper51 View Post
Youll find most officials get bullied at home and have their bit of power at the track and so they use it to its full potential... Not all tho.... but some are

Horeshit.

Marshals generally are working without pay and do it for the love and your safety.

The only track day I've ever done where there were powers that be talking all kinds of bollocks was the javelin day. The driving standards were also terrible (most seemed regulars) which is why I won't book with them again.

A friend had a ding with the wall (panel damage) we repaired the car and had it checked out by the people of the circuit, they passed the car as safe. Javelin wanted to be complete cocks about it despite the fact they kept allowing people driving dangerously back out on track time and time again.
Old 8th June 2012, 23:51   #104
greyjasper51
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): posi blue vtrs race car
greyjasper51 is on a distinguished road

Marshals are good race officials like clerk of the. Course are and chief scruitineer, marshals always help and put themselves out to help officials do fuck all

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=424462
greyjasper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 07:27   #105
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

Javalin track days are ran bad, and marshell badly. I don't think they know much about track driving themselves beern twice now both times they where badly ran by there marshells.

But others I have used have been fine, heard a lot about javalin track days, but me off going with them again.
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 18:50   #106
piranhamatt
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Clio 172 Cup
piranhamatt is on a distinguished road

I wish I could get a +20bhp gain from an air filter and exhaust as I'd be running 140bhp..
piranhamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 03:14   #107
Ryanoo
Established Member

Car(s): MK2 VTR.
Ryanoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
Ok im going to copy and paste something. Pushed me that far my ctrl and V button is going to be pressed now omg.

"The VTS has a longer rev range so it doesnt matter that the peak figures are higher up, infact its a good thing, as this is where you should be anyway if your driving properly in an NA car.

VTRs run out of grunt high up. So if you drop it down a gear, say from 3rd to 2nd for a tightish corner, in a vts youve got a much bigger range to drop into in the first place, and all the powers there. Then you change gear, and your up in the powerband again in the next gear at say 5.5k all the way to 7.2k.

Change down to the top end of the rev range in a VTR and its powerband tails off as you get near the top so you need to change up before the redline to get the best out of it.

The longer revrange also allows you to be much more flexible in the twisties. Because of the nature of the strong higher powerband you can whack it in at high revs and hold it there all the way round a long bend, then change up as you throw yourself off the corner. It also means you can whack it down into lower gears earlier in order to gearbrake before doing that. Where the VTR wouldnt be as happy to do that as theres less power there and theres not as many RPM to play with.

Hence why VTS's are much better all round. And ehy 16vs isnt just about the extra 20 odd brake. I wasnt mentioning handling when I said it was faster round the corners .

If you think this is bull, take a look at any high powered sports NA engined cars. The S2K for example. Theres fuck all power until later on in the rev range. Shit for pick up and go power, perfect for constant power through the corners with well timed gear choices.

Yes you can raise the rev limit, but that doesnt really solve the problem. Even matched with a lairy cam, your powerbands still going to be much smaller than the VTS, and to get the best power will also be a fair bit smaller than the OEM setup.

It will still be great to drive down the B roads and twisty tracks, but youll have to try really hard to stay in the powerband all the time. This might take the fun out a bit. And due to the powerband being smaller as mentioned, it wont be as able as a VTS. Youll constantly have to keep the engine screaming to get the best out of it.

Some people really like that kinda setup. Its more challenging to drive fast in many aspects. But in reality if the 16v is a better performer, is more flexible both to modify for performance purposes and independantly to drive fast, it is the better choice. Even in a reasonably high end VTS, youve still got a reasonable amount of revs to play with, especially when the limits put upto the 7.8k mark.

So basically, if you tune the VTR to a decent NA spec, it will be highly strung and very peaky. If your gonna be happy with that, then go for it. If your having doubts now, dont bother imo as by the time your done and all the moneys been spent, everytime you drive it youll wonder what you could have had. Which is what you see over and over again with people really into their tuning, spending money on the same parts to different specs over and over"
This isn't bullshit. I've noticed this in my VTR, I rarely go above 5.5k revs as it seems to trail off acceleration/goes slow, I find the best pull is around 3.5k. When in 4th gear at around 5.5Krpm it barely pulls at all, tis only when I nip into 5th that it starts pulling again lol.
Ryanoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 09:21   #108
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

My vtr pulls to the red line
Heh heh heh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post