Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 20th March 2010, 15:04   #61
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

Bummer, which ones you getting wossner??

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:19   #62
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Been a busy weekend, but not spent as much time fixing the car as I would have liked. Picked up a couple of standard bumpers and arches, so need to decide what to do with the bodywork pretty soon!

Tarted up the oil sump, then bonded that back in place. Was careful not to put too much sealant on - so fingers crossed! The new oil pipe is on, at last. It was a TIGHT fit - could have done with it being about 2mm shorter. LOL. Proper job now though.

Made some brackets and have hung the intercooler in place, fitted the inlet boost pipe and got the rad in place. Tomorrow's job is going to be T-ing into the bottom water hose, ready for a header tank.

Top boost hoses should be ready by tomorrow or day after. Then need to fart around with fuel hoses to remove the 5th/6th injectors, then get the bumper (which one?) back on.

Coming together... should move quite quickly now.

I need to decide what large volume air filter to run. Will be re-locating the battery inside the car, so will have plenty of space. Any suggestions?

Simo
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6128.jpg   IMG_6132.jpg   IMG_6137.jpg   IMG_6140.jpg  

IMG_6141.jpg  

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:55   #63
wigansaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): citroen saxo 1.1 forte(sold) sierra sapphire 1.8 v
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wigansaxo has a spectacular aura aboutwigansaxo has a spectacular aura aboutwigansaxo has a spectacular aura about

all that stuff is wheyyy over my head so cant give any advice but looks good though lol
Old 22nd March 2010, 05:56   #64
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Air filter wise I'd go with the one GMC have on their website under supercharger, it's a K&N filter with a part number RNU-080 or something along those lines (am on the phone@mo so can't check)

My vote is for the old bumper for now so you don't have to play about with fitting etc, get the car up and running then maybe start to think about the bodywork/arches and bumper - just my 2p's worth
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:08   #65
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default Re: Simo's Turbo re-build Progress (was Changing Turbo Orientation)

That would be the sensible approach I agree

Think I may whip the intercooler back off tonight and fit the fans... Now I've rejigged my position it seems pointless having the fans last in line.

Blady thing! Lol.

Quote:
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:02   #66
Wolz
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): K3 NMY Saxo VTS Missing S781 DYJ VTR Turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Wolz is a jewel in the roughWolz is a jewel in the roughWolz is a jewel in the roughWolz is a jewel in the rough

Are you sticking with the twin pass intercooler Si ? I'm running like that at the moment but have been toying with the idea of single pass , as I've been told they flow a lot better and you get less pressure drop
Wolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:42   #67
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

This was the filter I was talking out (almost got the part number right ):

http://www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk/index...roducts_id=202
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:30   #68
Simop
Administrator

I plan to stick with this intercooler yes. Will give your query some more thought but can't imagine pressure drop or flow would be significantly effected.

Was thinking of a much larger filter, with a 2.5" inlet...

On phone so don't want to go into too much detail

Quote:
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:42   #69
jdizzy
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRs
iTrader Score: 24 (96%)
jdizzy is on a distinguished road

animal lol
jdizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:44   #70
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
I plan to stick with this intercooler yes. Will give your query some more thought but can't imagine pressure drop or flow would be significantly effected.

Was thinking of a much larger filter, with a 2.5" inlet...

On phone so don't want to go into too much detail
Sounds like you need the RU-1000 filter There's a huge list of them on the K&N website under universal filters

2.5" inlet sounds nice !
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:02   #71
Simop
Administrator

Spent a few hours on the car last night - think I've decided to scrap the dual VTS fan idea - the fan housing is just too bulky to sensibly fit in - with a standard front bumper in mind.

I started to modify the fan housing a little, but think I'm going to jump straight for an alloy rad with rear mounted fan instead. Expense I wasn't planning on, but the delays I'm having with farting about with this setup are just too frustrating

Changing my mind at this late stage is a bit of a problem, as it will move the position of the intercooler slightly. The new boost pipes are due to be completed tomorrow. LOL.

Will get the rad ordered (hopefully - come on John ) then see how things fare. Thoughts have started to creep in that this aint gonna be ready in time for FCS

Quote:
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:18   #72
Simop
Administrator

Its been a LONG long time since my Saxo has seen a standard front bumper - could be a good thing!

Still not convinced Im going to be able to modify properly to meet the steel arches, if I keep them

Pics also showing lack of room with twin fan setup, as mentioned in previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6143.jpg   IMG_6144.jpg   IMG_6148.jpg  

Quote:
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:33   #73
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

don't want to spam the thread but this is such an interesting read man.

I'm lost though, where is the industrial-sized intercooler going to go with the standard bumper on?

And keep the steel arches... they're so so so so so ace.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:37   #74
Simop
Administrator

Dont be afraid of spamming this thread... once I get my blog upto date, I'll be blogging progress there in a non-spam fashion

I've decided to raise the intercooler up Sayer, as it was too low for track use and was previously positioned to be full-frontal. I'm now going for a more subtle approach.

Will be fitting a new rad (hopefully) in the next couple of days, with a rear mounted fan. The intercooler will then sit directly infront of the rad'. The intercooler will be positioned slightly towards the passenger side to allow the boost pipes to enter the engine bay, as per pics above.

Judging by the approx. measurements Ive made with the diesel rad, dual fans, intercooler and standard bumper JUST fitting over all of this, the new setup should fit with a few mm to spare

Raising the intercooler upwards has given me all of these last minute hassles, as previously, the intercooler was mounted below the top level of the bumper, so space wasn't an issue.

Fancy doing some aero-calcs for me to keep the arse end on the black stuff?

Quote:
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:41   #75
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

honestly glad to see this thing getting rebuilt. (put back together)
Remember asking about it over in germany (awesome trip)
watching the videos that used to be hosted is what made me want a saxo when i first registered.
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:43   #76
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

also glad its a bit more track focused than show focused, be good to see it on some track day..... *cough* cadwell park end of year
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:44   #77
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
honestly glad to see this thing getting rebuilt. (put back together)
Remember asking about it over in germany (awesome trip)
watching the videos that used to be hosted is what made me want a saxo when i first registered.
Cheers fella

Vid's are still hosted - bring a smile every now and again.

Will be stripping the front interior soon and tarting about with that. Not sure whether this will be scheduled before or after the engine rebuild. Depends on lead time for pistons and headwork. Should know soon...

Quote:
Old 24th March 2010, 01:23   #78
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

awesome stuff buddy, cant wait to see this up and running again, what do you think you will get out of it bhp wise with the new turbo, will it be more or less than the old one?

steve - vids are here http://www.saxperience.com/media/videos.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 01:31   #79
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

also bumper wise you must be able to remould the standard one / buy wide arch ones as they use them on the super 1600, i know your arches arent as wide as that but thought it might be of interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.

Last edited by Jungle_Jim; 24th March 2010 at 16:36.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 09:00   #80
Simop
Administrator

Default Re: Simo's Turbo re-build Progress (was Changing Turbo Orientation)

The new turbo will run between 1 and 1.5bar dependant upon gear, or that's provisional plan anyway... So will be significantly higher power on forged internals.

Lets see if it works out that way, lol.

Quote: