Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 26th April 2016, 11:52   #41
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

Sold mine the week before last, missing her dearly haha
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 16:25   #42
shannon-ob
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
shannon-ob is on a distinguished road

L33h, hope you've had some good luck with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJoee View Post
No you're not you faggot!

Quote:
I wouldn't even trust my Mrs with a toaster, let alone a Golf R.
shannon-ob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shannon-ob For This Useful Post:
Old 26th April 2016, 16:59   #43
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon-ob View Post
No you're not you faggot!
It didn't need anything, I'm not used to working!
Old 26th April 2016, 17:03   #44
shannon-ob
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
It didn't need anything, I'm not used to working!
Since when do French cars not need anything? Keeps you on your toes tho! Plus you don't do much but take fancy pictures

Quote:
Old 26th April 2016, 18:58   #45
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Quote:
Shouldn't have sold it then ya massive gay I haven't really had any problems with mine until now. Just wish i checked the mot sooner haha.

Quote:
L33h, hope you've had some good luck with this?
!
I've ordered a middle exhaust mount, was only £5 so can't complain. My brother gave me some powerflex bushes for the rear of it so that's sorted.

Ordered some 40mm springs for it too. Might aswell lower it instead of buying some new front springs tbh

Need to sort some tires for it too.

Mostly just waiting for parts now before I can do anything tbh. Booked in for mot on saturday so it might get a bit exciting
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 19:46   #46
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Since when do French cars not need anything? Keeps you on your toes tho! Plus you don't do much but take fancy pictures
That's true! I'll take photo's even if it's changing some cable ties!
Old 26th April 2016, 19:53   #47
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

I never take photos lol. Just seem to do stuff instead haha. Will get some of it lowered tho. Just got some of that peel off plastic paint shit. Might paint a few things lol
Old 27th April 2016, 14:25   #48
shannon-ob
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
Shouldn't have sold it then ya massive gay I haven't really had any problems with mine until now. Just wish i checked the mot sooner haha.

I've ordered a middle exhaust mount, was only £5 so can't complain. My brother gave me some powerflex bushes for the rear of it so that's sorted.

Ordered some 40mm springs for it too. Might aswell lower it instead of buying some new front springs tbh

Need to sort some tires for it too.

Mostly just waiting for parts now before I can do anything tbh. Booked in for mot on saturday so it might get a bit exciting
Oh nice! Yeah that's true 2 birds 1 stone and all that!

What tyres you thinking?

Think It'll be okay on MOT?

Quote:
That's true! I'll take photo's even if it's changing some cable ties!

Quote:
I never take photos lol. Just seem to do stuff instead haha. Will get some of it lowered tho. Just got some of that peel off plastic paint shit. Might paint a few things lol
Hahaha I'm like that, all my pictures in my build thread is mainly my mates pictures

Quote:
Old 28th April 2016, 12:54   #49
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Yea itll pass its mot. Shouldnt be a problem.

Springs n mounts all came yesterday . Got some oil and a filter somewhere so ill do that while im at at. Ganna be a busy weekend haha.

Still not decided on tires tbh.
Old 29th April 2016, 15:07   #50
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Still not decided on tires tbh.
Rainsport 3's for all around, or Federal 595 RSR's for Summer!
Old 30th April 2016, 14:59   #51
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Well... went for my mot this morning only to be told the computers were down and I couldn't get it done till next weekend. Looks like I'm without a car for the week :/

Fitted the new springs tho. Just finished. What a ball ache it was to get the rear ones out.

" border="0" class="tcattdimglink" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" alt="" />

Spring was just a little bit snapped lol
" border="0" class="tcattdimglink" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" alt="" />

Looks exactly the same haha.
Old 30th April 2016, 15:03   #52
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Oh and I still havent ordered any tires hahah
Old 1st May 2016, 23:37   #53
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Could someone please tell me what tire size I need for cup wheels? I've had a drink and cba to look outside lol.
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:45   #54
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

I can't remember what I used to run, what I will say is that you need Turinis though!
Old 6th May 2016, 19:41   #55
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
I can't remember what I used to run, what I will say is that you need Turinis though!
I do you're right. Shame I haven't got the money atm. this cars costing me a fortune atm. Ganna put new disks n pads all around soon.
Old 12th November 2016, 21:59   #56
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Right. little update or whatever. I've ordered some tires. Nankang ns2s. Dunno if they're any good, I've heard theyre not the best in the wet but still not bad for £40 a corner lol. Still want to do loads to the car but just haven't got the time or the money. They joys of getting older ... plus it'll never be as fast as either of the bikes haha. There's a place at durham that can turbo em all in for £3000 i think.... He's a absolute legend and done the cambelt on my brothers clio 200 in 3 hours. Took me 8 hours and it was wrong hahaha.

Still fucking drinking oil. The alternator belt tensioner was snapped and out of line making the belt to slip sometimes. Got scared incase it took the cam belt off so changed it. They were a fortune when I looked but managed to get a tensioner, belt and pullys for £75 so not too bad. Again a bastard to fit haha. The engines are far too big for the bay man lol. I usually love working on cars but to be honest this is a pain in the arse haha.

Need some new discs and pads. Any recommendations? was lookin at EBC pads but don't know what to get... green yellow or red? Don't really drive it mentally anymore cos I'm always with the girlfriend and she fucking whinges lol. That's what the bikes for I suppose

Anyone wanna buy a CBR 900 haha
Old 16th November 2016, 10:52   #57
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Right. little update or whatever. I've ordered some tires. Nankang ns2s. Dunno if they're any good, I've heard theyre not the best in the wet but still not bad for £40 a corner lol. Still want to do loads to the car but just haven't got the time or the money. They joys of getting older ... plus it'll never be as fast as either of the bikes haha. There's a place at durham that can turbo em all in for £3000 i think.... He's a absolute legend and done the cambelt on my brothers clio 200 in 3 hours. Took me 8 hours and it was wrong hahaha.

Still fucking drinking oil. The alternator belt tensioner was snapped and out of line making the belt to slip sometimes. Got scared incase it took the cam belt off so changed it. They were a fortune when I looked but managed to get a tensioner, belt and pullys for £75 so not too bad. Again a bastard to fit haha. The engines are far too big for the bay man lol. I usually love working on cars but to be honest this is a pain in the arse haha.

Need some new discs and pads. Any recommendations? was lookin at EBC pads but don't know what to get... green yellow or red? Don't really drive it mentally anymore cos I'm always with the girlfriend and she fucking whinges lol. That's what the bikes for I suppose

Anyone wanna buy a CBR 900 haha
Greens are meant to be shite, ive never tried a set though and wouldnt because of their reputation.
Yellows are supposed to be good but if it a road car surely its over kill?
I just use mintex standard road pads in mine, always have with decent fluid. Never push the car hard enough to wilt the brakes but I do use ATE 200 fluid
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 14:31   #58
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
Greens are meant to be shite, ive never tried a set though and wouldnt because of their reputation.
Yellows are supposed to be good but if it a road car surely its over kill?
I just use mintex standard road pads in mine, always have with decent fluid. Never push the car hard enough to wilt the brakes but I do use ATE 200 fluid
Yellow stuff are alright but the don't last long on fast road/ track driving had them on the civic.
Old 16th November 2016, 16:36   #59
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

What are you wanting to spec the car brakes for? Just fast road? I have two main choices. Mintex M1144 and Ferodo DS2500. Tried, tested and do the job well. I've never been a massive fan of the EBC range. Some people get on really well with them and others don't
Brembo HC discs are high quality and cheap as chips from us, and then a good fluid should see you good. Personally I change the rear pads to match as I like to keep the brake bias the same but many only upgrade the fronts, if you need rear discs the Renault ones work out one of the cheapest (with top of the range bearings) but Mintex ones are pretty good and are half the price.
90% of our sales these days are Renaultsport now lol
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuni...-clio-mk2.html

Last edited by KamRacing; 16th November 2016 at 16:39.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 19:45   #60
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Yea just a road car but I don't exactly drive it slow hahah. Can't really do track days cos there's fuck all around here.

Kam. Are they cheaper than the yellow stuff ones. I need some disks aswell tbh

Just looking at EBC cos that's what I've always had on the bikes cos they're amazing tbh