Mobile Devices: Lite Theme CitroŽn: CitroŽn Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience


Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th August 2016, 12:59   #161
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member
 
MuZiZZle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 7,786
Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
I watched your review of the 1.0 Polo S yesterday. I wanted to ask, why is it a granddad car?
Because it's not an amazing Polo GTI?
__________________
Turtle neck, with another on deck, 'case I spill something on it, like some light beer, check!
MuZiZZle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 13:26   #162
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member
 
hard_corejoeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southend, Essex/Thetford, Norfolk
Posts: 4,203
Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
I watched your review of the 1.0 Polo S yesterday. I wanted to ask, why is it a granddad car?
Why are you watching my videos. They are rubbish remember. It's a Grandad car because it's in a Grandad colour and has a Grandad interior and is Grandad slow.

As for PH apparantly you aren't allowed to link your own youtube videos which is kind of nuts on a car forum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
You are an absolute joke of a human being.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 13:38   #163
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member
 
MuZiZZle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 7,786
Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Default

That'l be anti advertising rules I guess, if you're monetizing your videos.

I may review my civic, bwapapapapapapapapaapppppp
__________________
Turtle neck, with another on deck, 'case I spill something on it, like some light beer, check!
MuZiZZle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 13:41   #164
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member
 
hard_corejoeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southend, Essex/Thetford, Norfolk
Posts: 4,203
Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Default

Do it! It's a good car!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
You are an absolute joke of a human being.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 16:13   #165
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum
 
Stissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Derby
Posts: 4,508
Car(s): Nikes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Why are you watching my videos. They are rubbish remember. It's a Grandad car because it's in a Grandad colour and has a Grandad interior and is Grandad slow.
I don’t remember saying they’re rubbish. I thought they were alright and was encouraging you to do more. But if you don’t want the hits because some people on a Saxo forum have upset you then that’s your call.

As for ‘granddad’ colour/interior/speed, that’s both a stupid and ignorant sweeping statement to make. I know plenty of people who are in their late 40s to late 60s, who are granddads, and drive very nice high-end saloon cars – BMWs, Audis, Mercs Jaguars etc. A lot favour the more economical diesels and so rarely break the 200bhp barrier, but they’re highly spec’d with leather, nav, xenons and so on.

If you fancy yourself as a bit of a budget Chris Harris then you need to start thinking about what you’re saying, because you know your stuff. Rather than just talking between intermittently saying “so yeah”.
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stissy For This Useful Post:
Old 24th August 2016, 19:33   #166
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member
 
Dany4494's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,806
Car(s): Civic EP2
Default

Link ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 19:47   #167
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum
 
Stissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Derby
Posts: 4,508
Car(s): Nikes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany4494 View Post
Link ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
https://youtu.be/5AmSuNslztI
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 21:30   #168
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member
 
hard_corejoeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southend, Essex/Thetford, Norfolk
Posts: 4,203
Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Default

It's all perception really. In MY mind it's a grandad car because I don't know anyone my age that would drive one (or indeed that does drive one)

The "so yeah's" are because all my stuff is unscripted and usually done on the spot after no sleep the night before

But thanks for the feedback! It's nice to receive some constructive criticism rather than pure trolling or hating.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
You are an absolute joke of a human being.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 22:12   #169
deano_123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member
 
deano_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,706
Car(s): Range Rover Sport
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Default

Your self imposed exile went well then
__________________
deano_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 23:06   #170
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member
 
hard_corejoeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southend, Essex/Thetford, Norfolk
Posts: 4,203
Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Default

Supply and demand. There was a demand and I supplied it lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
You are an absolute joke of a human being.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 13:16   #171
deano_123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member
 
deano_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,706
Car(s): Range Rover Sport
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Default

I dont remember anyone ordering a dickhead?
__________________
deano_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deano_123 For This Useful Post:
Old 25th August 2016, 16:15   #172
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member
 
hard_corejoeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southend, Essex/Thetford, Norfolk
Posts: 4,203
Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Default

Apparantly they did from the above post!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
You are an absolute joke of a human being.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 16:17   #173
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member
 
MuZiZZle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 7,786
Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Default

Mocks Grandad cars, drives a polo, dat logic doe!
__________________
Turtle neck, with another on deck, 'case I spill something on it, like some light beer, check!
MuZiZZle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuZiZZle For This Useful Post:
Old 25th August 2016, 16:33   #174
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member
 
Gandi699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,104
Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Default

Daniel Craig reviews car
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 18:35   #175
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member
 
Dany4494's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,806
Car(s): Civic EP2
Default

Stfu muz muz you drive a civic!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 12:56   #176
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum
 
Stissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Derby
Posts: 4,508
Car(s): Nikes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
It's all perception really. In MY mind it's a grandad car because I don't know anyone my age that would drive one (or indeed that does drive one)

The "so yeah's" are because all my stuff is unscripted and usually done on the spot after no sleep the night before

But thanks for the feedback! It's nice to receive some constructive criticism rather than pure trolling or hating.
But, do you know anyone your age that wouldn’t own a GT-R? By your judgement that means it is also a granddad car.

However, you know your stuff about the cars you’re reviewing and you’ve obviously done your research - so credit to you there.
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 13:12   #177
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member
 
hard_corejoeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southend, Essex/Thetford, Norfolk
Posts: 4,203
Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Default

Agree to disagree lol

I can't imagine many young lads aspiring to own a polo s whereas I bet many aspire to the GTR. I dunno I see your point though..

Thanks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
You are an absolute joke of a human being.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2016, 22:14   #178
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member
 
GolfJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 5,644
Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
Default

I'm confused. It's a Grandads car because young lads don't want them? We're talking about a VW Polo, right? They're fucking everywhere! They're also VERY popular with young lads. Just look at any VW show. They're literally everywhere!

Dare I ask what you think of a Tesla P100D? They're not driven by young lads, mostly "adults" and the elderly (Best words I can use). But what about the fact it does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds? The fact that it's the fastest accelerating production car in the world? Doesn't really sound like something a grandad would own...
__________________
Jay's Slammed Ronal Teddy'd Mk2 Golf!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr15 View Post
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2016, 22:38   #179
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member
 
hard_corejoeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southend, Essex/Thetford, Norfolk
Posts: 4,203
Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Default

I was talking about a Polo S which sits right at the very bottom of the range. A young lad is going to want a tsi or a blue GT at the minimum in my opinion. Take a look at the video and tell me it doesn't come across as a Grandads car.

I don't believe I actually called it a Grandad car anyway! I'm sure I just said "I've come to call that colour grandad blue" and said it had "grandad spec seats"

Unless someone is going to pull up some sales data on it or something can we just move along with the thread? Thanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
You are an absolute joke of a human being.

Last edited by hard_corejoeboy; 28th August 2016 at 22:43.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 12:08   #180
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum
 
Stissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Derby
Posts: 4,508
Car(s): Nikes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
I was talking about a Polo S which sits right at the very bottom of the range. A young lad is going to want a tsi or a blue GT at the minimum in my opinion.
I do agree with this, but what a young lad wants and what a young lad can realistically afford are two different things. At 17 I would’ve loved a 106 GTi however the insurance was ridiculous (if I could get it at all) so I settled for a more entry level Independence with a 1.1 engine. The same applied for my friends who bought 1.25 Fiestas, 1.0 Corsas etc. All of these cars probably fall under your ‘granddad’ category.
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:51.