Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 28th November 2009, 14:53   #1
ATFoxy106
L-plater

ATFoxy106 is on a distinguished road
Default can anyone tell me how to use HMTL in emails?

as title, i see lots of adverts from big companys with Logo's etc in normal emails as apposed to sending an attatchment, just wondered if i could do it the same

ta
adam
ATFoxy106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 14:59   #2
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Yes its just normal HTML
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 15:03   #3
ATFoxy106
L-plater

ATFoxy106 is on a distinguished road

realy? just basic HTML? so if i host my company logo then use the HTML Code it will show up? lol cool thankyou.

Also i cant reemember how to use mail merges from spreadsheets or if its even possible.
AND there was somthing else but i cant remember that either

thanks again
ATFoxy106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 01:08   #4
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

not quite... companies use html sender programs either developed by themselves or use another company to send for them.(constant contact) hotmail and gmail only there to receive you can't send html unles in code quote and that will show as just text only.

Only personal way to do it successfully is using thunderbird mail client. create a new mail > then > insert then >html and paste your html in there... then you can see a preview before you send. then click send as html only or both. not send as text only.
Old 9th December 2009, 08:24   #5
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

and HTML in email can be very cut down, Outlook 2007 uses the word rendering engine so doesn't support a lot of HTML and barely any CSS.
Old 9th December 2009, 17:37   #6
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

Html emails use a lot of CSS. It relys on it to be honest when it comes to formatting fonts, colours and sizes. BUT... don't list .CSS at the top of theming or styling of templates.(like in html web pages in the head tags) Only do this for fonts etc.
For styling and shaping templates/designs. use inline css. As it's more cross email provider supported.
NEVER use DIV's or if you do only for like centering and things. Emails are not updated since the 90's so Div's aren't supported in most email clients, some will read it fine some will read it but not display it correctly to the eye.

Use tables in emails. it's like the opposite for web design tbh. To get an example of how to do one the best is to sign yourself up to a retail online website for a enwsletter await the first one and view the source code. I bet you it's done in tables as it's easier to control within email clients cross supported.

Sorry, this has going out of proportion to OP thread.

I remember a website like emailmonkey or something. They can supply you with free themes to work with.