Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 5th January 2010, 23:53   #1
Mint-VTR
Established Member

Car(s): Black VTR, Clio 172. Gaz Coilovers, Stealth Exhaus
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Mint-VTR will become famous soon enough
Default microsoft XP problems

hello, trying to fix a computer, basically there looks like there is no accounts on the operating system, so when you turn it on you cant click anything to get onto XP,

anyone have any idea what i can do?
Mint-VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 00:17   #2
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MG ZR 1.4
TheVtrKid is on a distinguished road

boot up from the xp cd? repairing windows might work.
Old 6th January 2010, 00:44   #3
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

at the post screen, mash F8 and boot into safe mode, that will reveal the Administrator account, log in to that.

Then goto Start>> Run and enter "control userpasswords2" (exactly as written between the "")

That will then show you all the accounts on the PC.
Old 6th January 2010, 01:05   #4
P90PTS
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

P90PTS is on a distinguished road

As the man above said.

Or get a mac
Old 6th January 2010, 15:44   #5
Mint-VTR
Established Member

tried pushing f8 comes up with
start windows normally
safe mode
safe mode w/ command prompt
safe mode with networking
vga mode
etc
etc
and no matter what i go on it takes me to the username page and theres noone to click!!
Old 6th January 2010, 18:53   #6
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

What version of XP is it and what service pack do you have installed?

Boot the PC as normal, then when you get to the blank login screen press CTRL+ALT and then delete. Do this combination TWICE.

This will hopefully bring up a login screen in which you need to manually type in administrator as the username. Try it with a blank password at first or type in the admin password if it has been set on the account.

If you get in, right click on my computer and go to manage. Select local users and groups and open the users folder. This should list all accounts on the PC.

Right click the normal account you'd use and select properties, it will probably say it's disabled. Re-enable the account and reset the password so you know what it is.

Reboot the PC and hopefully that account should now show up and you can login. Run virus scans and malware scans as soon as you can as this is common virus behaviour.

Let me know if this works as you may have to change some security settings in windows to prevent it happening again.
Old 6th January 2010, 19:40   #7
Mint-VTR
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
What version of XP is it and what service pack do you have installed?

Boot the PC as normal, then when you get to the blank login screen press CTRL+ALT and then delete. Do this combination TWICE.

This will hopefully bring up a login screen in which you need to manually type in administrator as the username. Try it with a blank password at first or type in the admin password if it has been set on the account.

If you get in, right click on my computer and go to manage. Select local users and groups and open the users folder. This should list all accounts on the PC.

Right click the normal account you'd use and select properties, it will probably say it's disabled. Re-enable the account and reset the password so you know what it is.

Reboot the PC and hopefully that account should now show up and you can login. Run virus scans and malware scans as soon as you can as this is common virus behaviour.

Let me know if this works as you may have to change some security settings in windows to prevent it happening again.
right got that far to the password screen, and now i cant get the f*****g password, got the computer off a friend and cant now contact him, administrator doesn't work for user name/password tried admin.......

its XP professional...

stuck now
Old 6th January 2010, 19:52   #8
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum

Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint-VTR View Post
right got that far to the password screen, and now i cant get the f*****g password, got the computer off a friend and cant now contact him, administrator doesn't work for user name/password tried admin.......

its XP professional...

stuck now
Do you have a cd burner? I can send you an ISO you burn to a cd, pop it in the cd tray so the pc boots from it and it will display all the passwords for all of the accounts on the PC.

PM me an email address I can send it to if you want it.

Have you tried with username as administrator and the password field left blank?
Old 7th January 2010, 17:08   #9
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

Penn, would you mind if I grabbed a copy of that ISO off you? Would be handy for when i'm fixing PC's
Old 7th January 2010, 19:37   #10
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
Penn, would you mind if I grabbed a copy of that ISO off you? Would be handy for when i'm fixing PC's
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nzflidyz0wh/cd080802.iso - burn it to a disc.

This version is actually better than I thought. You can enable/unlock accounts as well as clear passwords from any of the accounts on the PC.

Really simple to use too, pop the CD in and boot the pc, it will automatically run.

Works on Vista and Xp, not tried it on windows 7 yet.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:38   #11
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

Just go out and buy windows7... it's waaaay better.
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote