Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Vehicle Insurance

Vehicle Insurance Please use this forum to discuss vehicle insurance companies, services, quotations, recommendations, etc.

Old 9th October 2007, 23:46   #21
saxowebby
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!

my saxos in my gf dads name, hes the policy holder. and its a grand cheaper than on my own.

but if i ever split up with her im screwed, ther cars in his name
saxowebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 00:12   #22
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Alfa Romeo GT
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
makaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant future

Quote:
my saxos in my gf dads name, hes the policy holder. and its a grand cheaper than on my own.

Now that just seems like a silly idea.
makaveli144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 09:47   #23
olibs
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Furio 1.4 furio 2000
iTrader Score: -1 (0%)
olibs is a glorious beacon of lightolibs is a glorious beacon of lightolibs is a glorious beacon of lightolibs is a glorious beacon of lightolibs is a glorious beacon of light

He could even say u nicked the car and you will be in the shi one t
olibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 09:53   #24
Kelly
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VW Polo Mk5 6N2, Peugeot 106
Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCracknell View Post
I do totally agree, but the two cases I am thinking of, the cars were registered in parents names with the lads on the policy....modified etc.

Insurance company look at car and say "Would a 50 year old be driving that as their main vehicle? No, I don't think so"

I agree with the cheap comments though! It is stupid the cost of insurance for first timers!
My dad's 44 and he'd have my car as his daily drive alloys and all so they can't really pass judgement on that can they?

For the record my insurance is in my name with my dad on. He doesn't drive the car but it lowers the price
Old 10th October 2007, 09:57   #25
Kelly
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VW Polo Mk5 6N2, Peugeot 106
Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootyuk View Post
but is that really important unless ur a boy racer?
well yeah cos i can assure you if you're on the motorway and a lorry gets in your path a 1.1 doesn't hae sufficient 'boot' behind it to get out the way in time. I should know cos I've had a lot of experiences like this when I had my 1.1 and lorries don't care if they come out to go in your lane and you've got nowhere to go. the car looked sporty so they expected me to fly out the way
Old 10th October 2007, 10:28   #26
vidal
Established Member

vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
If they expect people to play by the rules then they should make sure their premiums arent so stupidly high for such a comparitivly poor age group.
Difficult one this, but in general young / inexperienced drivers are classed as a high risk and the premium is loaded accordingly. Get a car that is cheaper to insure for your first 12 months, do a pass plus, don't modify it, see if there is a discount for not driving after midnight, restrict the mileage - it won't add to your premium and may in some cases decrease it.

Quote:
anyway a 1.1 or 1.0 even can do 70mph which is the max limit here so y even need a bigger engine??
Don't forget there are proposals to limit engine size and / or power for young / inexperienced drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
Not majorly important no. But i do like to get up to speed quicker if on long journeys as i can get there that bit quicker.
Are you serious? How much quicker are we talking, on a journey of say an hour, with a mix of urban and motorway driving the time saved is probably less than the time you need to park the car. If you are on such atight deadline, I would suggest leaving a few minutes earlier.

When I was younger, I could never understand why my dad could drive somewhere quicker than me with my very heavy right foot. It turns out that there's no big secret, drive smoothly, anticipate and look ahead. I may have been up to 70 / 80 quicker than him by about 5 seconds, but I was continuously having to slow down for traffic lights and other road users. My dad meanwhile just carried on, reading the road - anticipating obstructions, got there much quicker in the end, less stressed and he also used an awful lot less fuel.

V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupps View Post
Vidal i love you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_Vts View Post
sometimes i dont like you being a know it all
vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 18:20   #27
DavidKent
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): A van...
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
DavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidal View Post
Difficult one this, but in general young / inexperienced drivers are classed as a high risk and the premium is loaded accordingly. Get a car that is cheaper to insure for your first 12 months, do a pass plus, don't modify it, see if there is a discount for not driving after midnight, restrict the mileage - it won't add to your premium and may in some cases decrease it.

Don't forget there are proposals to limit engine size and / or power for young / inexperienced drivers.

Are you serious? How much quicker are we talking, on a journey of say an hour, with a mix of urban and motorway driving the time saved is probably less than the time you need to park the car. If you are on such atight deadline, I would suggest leaving a few minutes earlier.

When I was younger, I could never understand why my dad could drive somewhere quicker than me with my very heavy right foot. It turns out that there's no big secret, drive smoothly, anticipate and look ahead. I may have been up to 70 / 80 quicker than him by about 5 seconds, but I was continuously having to slow down for traffic lights and other road users. My dad meanwhile just carried on, reading the road - anticipating obstructions, got there much quicker in the end, less stressed and he also used an awful lot less fuel.

V.
Seconded.
I'm gradually learning this myself!
DavidKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 23:28   #28
Quickshift98

Car(s): Saxo VTR Grey Top
Quickshift98 is on a distinguished road

whos every1 with for there insurance then i got a quote for £4500 otha day insurance went up this month and thats with pass plus granted i am 17 tho but still.
Quickshift98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 01:00   #29
doely_gti
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): 2010 white focus RS, Corsa D 1.3 cdti sxi.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
doely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby1989 View Post

m8 be carefull, my gsi redtop corsa was in my ex's name, we split, i went away with the boys for a week, came home to no car!!! police couldnt do jack and she had sold my MINT redtop gsi corsa for £500 to some bloke, i see it all the time and it makes my blood boil!
Old 1st November 2007, 22:38   #30
smearsvtr
Established Member
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 96 Saxo VTR 2000
smearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to all

Don't get me wrong i can see why people are insuring there veichles in there parents names cause the price is cripling and i can vouch for that as i pay 1600 thpft in my own name on my vtr but i expected that but at least i will be getting my own ncb and in the long run it will be gettin cheaper
smearsvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 23:15   #31
alextoffie
Established Member

Car(s): Mauritius blue VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
but is that really important unless ur a boy racer?
don't tell me if you could afford to insure a VTR or a VTS you wouldn't

i understand your point mate but lets be honest.. you won't be sticking with cars that "just get upto 70mph" for the rest of your life
alextoffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 18:55   #32
thethorne
Infrequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): 306 hdi
thethorne is on a distinguished road

im the other way round my car is registered as my mums she owns it but im the insurance policy holder does that mean i could not be insured?
thethorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 19:09   #33
stalkah66
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 3x mk1 Saxo VTR's 1x 1987 mk2 xr2
stalkah66 has much to be proud ofstalkah66 has much to be proud ofstalkah66 has much to be proud ofstalkah66 has much to be proud ofstalkah66 has much to be proud ofstalkah66 has much to be proud ofstalkah66 has much to be proud ofstalkah66 has much to be proud ofstalkah66 has much to be proud of

thethorne you are almost 100% likely to be not insured, its normally the policy holder has to be the registered owner of the vehicle.
stalkah66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 19:09   #34
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethorne View Post
im the other way round my car is registered as my mums she owns it but im the insurance policy holder does that mean i could not be insured?
im the same, car is in my mums name but im insured on it perfectly fine.

u might want to ring the insurance company up to check because some companies may be different.. if ya with quinn then ur fine..
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 21:23   #35
MikeCracknell
Central South
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta STripes
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKent View Post
They don't know that?

I saw some old lady around local to me, driving a Puma - Not just a standard one, it looked pretty one off, didn't have any aftermarket stuff, but looked smarter than the average 1.7 Zetec.

I say old, she was probably 60-65, but still - Doesn't mean to say a 50 year old man (My dads only 42!).. so 42 year old man wouldn't drive a Modified Saxo.

Doesn't mean jack, you could argue it.. though i have known them to ask neighbours who is the main driver of that car..

There's ways around it in both respects.
Prices are stupid though!
I do agree with that, but I will keep on pointing to this one case (and since then, another) where they won't pay out as they suspect that it is fronting.
Peugeot 106 | Fiat Punto | Saxo VTS | Zetec S | Clio 197 | Clio 182 | Saxo VTR 1| Fiesta ST | Saxo VTR 2| Saxo VTR 3| Mk 6 Fiesta ST | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 1 | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 2 | Mk 8 Fiesta ST PE with a Mk 6 Fiesta ST500 and a Mk 6 Fiesta ST150 "Nemo, Bessie and Stripes" Insta: @nemo_mk8_st

MikeCracknell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 21:43   #36
DavidKent
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): A van...
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
DavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant future

Yeah i know - To be fair i think its a good thing.
I took out my own policy - and yeah, i've claimed.
Twice.
So i'm paying more for it, but it means i'm actually going to learn from it, and change things about.
Not just add myself to my dads policy for £300, and everything be happy days!
DavidKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 12:12   #37
Tim_emm
Regular Poster
South East Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR 02 reg Wicked red
Tim_emm is on a distinguished road

i'm currently looking to buy a saxo vtr and the prices are ridiculous for insurance. for me it costs just over £3100 as a policy holder and with my mum as a named driver. i am 17 so i suppose thats why. does anyone know of a good insurer that would give me a better quote than that and that price was based on third party fire and theft and non modified
Tim_emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 12:18   #38
Davidp
Saxperience Addict
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!

Admiral, Bell, Quinn...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 12:22   #39
nazz1
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Saxoless
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
nazz1 is a splendid one to beholdnazz1 is a splendid one to beholdnazz1 is a splendid one to beholdnazz1 is a splendid one to beholdnazz1 is a splendid one to beholdnazz1 is a splendid one to beholdnazz1 is a splendid one to behold

On your parents insurance is alot lot cheaper,

In your own name with both parents as named drivers brings it down quite a bit

For example, £1100 on a VTR at 18 with my mam and dad as named drivers
nazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 12:35   #40
Quick
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!Quick is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_emm View Post
i'm currently looking to buy a saxo vtr and the prices are ridiculous for insurance. for me it costs just over £3100 as a policy holder and with my mum as a named driver. i am 17 so i suppose thats why. does anyone know of a good insurer that would give me a better quote than that and that price was based on third party fire and theft and non modified
Do pass plus!
Choose a car with a lower insurance grouping!
Try a Furio/Westcoast as they are only group 5 insurance!