Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 1st January 2010, 19:50   #1
Rach125
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 03 Desire, 1.1
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Rach125 is on a distinguished road
Default Firefox Issues- Windows 7

Ive just got a new pc and firefox is my default browser, im having a problem with the master password, when i was on vista it worked no problem, it would prompt me to save the password etc, but now on windows 7 ive activated it but it dosent prompt me to save my password, if i log in to say sax-p for example i check remember me and i still get no prompt and it dosent keep me logged in, its doing my head in, any advice would be great

btw i have the latest firefox and everything
Rach125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 19:54   #2
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

Don't want to sound patronising but have you tried:

- Tools
- Options
- Security, and in the passwords section you have 'Remember Passwords for Sites'

I don't have Windows 7 installed on my pc and tbh I cant be bothered had Vista since the day it come out never reloaded got about 3 years of stuff on it.

Tried it on my brothers PC he's loaded Windows 7 and it works.

Hope this helps you
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 22:03   #3
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Rep mobiles & Joes ma
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

I've been running windows 7 with firefox for approx 8 months now i think.

Absolutely no problems.

You probably need to go into the options and either change cookies(what keeps you logged in) or password saving(what fills out username and password fields when you aren't logged in)
AlexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 22:30   #4
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

alex thought windows 7 was only launched in october?
Old 1st January 2010, 23:03   #5
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Rep mobiles & Joes ma
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah, i had a beta version then a release candidate which i'm still running now.

Free windows 7 ultimate, ages before release and for a year afterwards, can't go wrong
AlexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:52   #6
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Sounds like a profile issue.

Exit Firefox. Open the Windows Start menu by clicking your windows ball at the bottom left of your desktop. In the Search box in the bottom left, type:

firefox.exe -ProfileManager

You then need to delete your profile and any others you do not need but make sure you don't delete the files. When you open firefox again it should create a new profile. Providing you have remember passwords set to yes it should start saving them again.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...ving_a_profile