Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 13th October 2010, 12:38   #21
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

You buy cheap: you buy twice.

If you're serious and you will use them then buy Pioneer CDJ's. Even the cheap ones aer a million times better to use and better built than the likes of Stanton, Gemini, Numark etc

I've had my CDJ1000II's for about 6 years now and before that the CDJ500s and they are simply indestrucable. I only upgraded for the real feel of the 1000

I've gone from cheap decks to Technics SL1210s and without a shadow of a doubt the Pioneers are the best to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craig180 For This Useful Post:
Old 13th October 2010, 13:12   #22
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Someone who shares the same PoV I do, thank-god.

Btw, I just, this second, put up an ad in the 'For Sale' section with my Technics and Denon Mixer in there.

In my sig, in my sigg!
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 13:15   #23
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryyy View Post
Someone who shares the same PoV I do, thank-god.

Btw, I just, this second, put up an ad in the 'For Sale' section with my Technics and Denon Mixer in there.

In my sig, in my sigg!
Spotted that! I have a DJM500 which is now 9 years old and the only thing that's even gone wrong with it is the x fader! Proof if anything that if you buy right first time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 21:33   #24
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

cheaper equipment doesnt mean it will break though. A mate of mines had his numarks for 4 years. Nothing wrong with them so far. If the guys got tons of dough go for the pioneers by all means im jurt trying to guide him to a cheaper cost set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappert View Post
bet your bird likes it tho

Last edited by Carlvtr88; 14th October 2010 at 12:21.
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 22:16   #25
seaNNN
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Fiesta mk6
seaNNN is on a distinguished road

Was just eying up Stanton C324s Cdjs & a Gemini ps626usb mixer second hand for £400 was just wondering has anyone used either of these and what was they're thoughts on them and wether or not it was a good price (Bearing in mind of the pictures ive seen they look almost brand new).

Cheers seaNNN
seaNNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 18:51   #26
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

gemini is crap, stanton makes unreliable CD decks (although the higher end of their vinyl decks is very decent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_furio View Post
I don't know who to believe now!
simple: buy cheap, get crap gear. Put more money in, get decent gear.
Quote:
A mate of mines had his numarks for 4 years. Nothing wrong with them so far.
Your mate got lucky. Numark is specialized in selling lemons. And has a very poor customer service.

Quote:
You buy cheap: you buy twice.
exactly.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 16:56   #27
Chris_O
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RB25'd s14a + 2008 MWB Transit
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Chris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura about

Yeah but Manu, I don't want to shell out lots of money first off. What happens if I don't enjoy it all? So i'm thinking maybe buy cheap second hand to try it first, then sell up and get decent stuff. There's no point me spending 100's then hating it and wasting shit loads of money.
Old 23rd October 2010, 00:36   #28
RobVT
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): 16v Rallye S2
RobVT is on a distinguished road

When i started i bought a set of belt drive decks they where shit but i had them from when i was 13 to when i was 18 and a gemini 676PS mixer (the one of kevin and perry)

i sold for a daft price and kept all my vinyl anway cut a long story short im here with technics 1210's and a pioneer djm400 and i can honestly say my mixing has come on along way since the belts

you can get a set of cheap decks for fuck all now try some and see if its for you before you make the splash and spend a stupid amount on a set up.
Old 23rd October 2010, 21:11   #29
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_furio View Post
Yeah but Manu, I don't want to shell out lots of money first off. What happens if I don't enjoy it all? So i'm thinking maybe buy cheap second hand to try it first, then sell up and get decent stuff. There's no point me spending 100's then hating it and wasting shit loads of money.
Well, if you buy a lemon, you definitely ain't gonna enjoy it. if you want to go cheap, just buy a controller (like Hercules or bcd 3000) and play on your PC... On a side note, you did not specify what your budget is.
Old 24th October 2010, 15:10   #30
Chris_O
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RB25'd s14a + 2008 MWB Transit
Chris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Well, if you buy a lemon, you definitely ain't gonna enjoy it. if you want to go cheap, just buy a controller (like Hercules or bcd 3000) and play on your PC... On a side note, you did not specify what your budget is.
Yeah buy my budget isn't exactly going to be huge if I just want to try it out is it, and I think everyone apart from you relaised that
Old 25th October 2010, 21:33   #31
Manu
Saxperience Addict

I realized that. this is why I suggested purchasing a controller, it's your cheapest option, apart from second hand shops.
Old 26th October 2010, 22:13   #32
samjac68
L-plater

samjac68 is on a distinguished road

if you look at stanton decks they have the same display setup as the citronic/ american audio cdi 300s

ive learnt on them and know a lot of djs who swear by them, and theyre easier to mix on than pioneer cdj100's, as in one of my friends whose been mixing for 8 years brought his citronics to an event we had on where the club decks were 100's...

i dont know where the person is coming from who said theyre all dodgy on the jog wheels, theyre excellent budget decks...
samjac68 is offline   Reply With Quote