Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 9th June 2006, 02:11   #1
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default MAJOR UPDATE: ASP --> PHP / LINUX / MySQL & introduction of VB - V3.5

All,

Many of you will have heard discussion of 'V4'... and many of you probably think its a fairy tale!

The next generation of Saxperience (V4) will be a huge leap forward... and hopefully by the time its ready, some of us will still be having fun with Saxos!

Anyway... my point.

In order to enable us to launch 'V4' some major changes to the Saxperience server are required so that the new functionality can be supported.

As a half way step towards the launch of 'V4' myself and Mark have been working busily over the last few weeks preparing for the release of Saxperience v3.5 ( we didnt do too bad considering the pressures of FCS )

Key information</font>

- Every single page on the Saxperience website has been re-coded using a different programming language. SO when live, please report all bugs, which you find asap, so that they can be addressed. (if you find any )

- The main website, although re-coded should appear to be almost identical to the current website.

- A totally new and bang upto date forum will replace the forum we have all grown to love/hate

- Your user accounts will be transferred to the new website in full.

- You WILL NOT lose post counts and NO forum posts shall be lost. (well done Mark for the genious scripting)

- The new version of Saxperience (3.5) will live on a totally NEW dedicated server, which will offer new functionality and should out-perform the current dedicated server.

- Saxperience email for Premium members will be interupted for a short while. ALL Email WILL NOT be transferred to the new server but will be available for download for approximately a week after the new site goes live.

Please save/archive ALL important emails, which you may have stored on the Saxperience server via webmail.</font>

The switch over from the current website to the new will start to happen on Friday night (tomorrow). The switch is complex and lengthy, as all data (many gigabytes!) will be migrated.

It is likely that the Saxperience website will not be available for approx 24 hours (although we will be working like mad from the UK and the US to bring it back quicker!)

- The new website will be hosted on the main URL... www.Saxperience.com

As someone recently said to me... there are innovators and imitators in this world. I would like to think Saxperience are proving to be the former!

Things never stand still for long at Saxperience!</font>

Quote:
I'd like to officially welcome all of you to Saxperience v3.5

As previously discussed, the main website visually looks the same as the old website, however every single webpage has been recoded using a much better/efficient programming language.

This intermediate change has been performed to allow the further development of the desired Saxperience website... v4

You will by now have noticed that Saxperience v3.5 is using a totally NEW forum design. ALL members and posts, etc have been transferred into the new forum, so that NO Saxperience history has been lost!

This site went live at approx 2am today. There are still many options to verify and lots of new toys yet to come.

Please report ANY coding bugs to the moderating/admin staff as soon as possible!

The look and feel of this forum is very different to the old forum, which you got used to. THIS forum is a MUCH better environment however, so please work with me to get thing setup the way 'we' at Saxperience want.

If you have any suggestions for improvements or have spotted things that are missing, please let me know.

I cant promise to satisfy all request, but I will try where possible.

Many changes have been implemented to the forum structure, which will be communicated in good time.

For now, please have a look around the new forum and dont be afraid to play with some of the new toys!

User reputation and reputation power shall be explained soon. There are many complex rules in place for this to be used appropriately, so fear not.

Thanks,
Simo

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 9th June 2006, 02:48   #2
tgazvtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): 250bhp zafira, corsa 1.2 and 172 cup
tgazvtr is on a distinguished road

sounding great boss good luck with the swap over.
Old 9th June 2006, 02:53   #3
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

Its all good guys!

V3.5 rocks!!
Old 9th June 2006, 02:53   #4
silversaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo vtr 2000 plate
silversaxo is on a distinguished road

good luck
Old 9th June 2006, 02:55   #5
jclaydon
Established Member
East Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): zetec s
jclaydon is a jewel in the roughjclaydon is a jewel in the roughjclaydon is a jewel in the roughjclaydon is a jewel in the rough

sounds good. Look forward to seeing V4. Hopefully not too long after. Im sure people can avoid sax-p for 24 hours with the football kicking off
Old 9th June 2006, 02:57   #6
Colin
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo Rally Car Evo 6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Colin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant future

Sounding excellent my friend. Good Luck
Smoking Bozos Since 1988
Old 9th June 2006, 02:57   #7
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

One thing I forgot to mention... ALL avatars and signatures will be 'lost' in the move.

Quote:
Old 9th June 2006, 02:58   #8
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

Signatures being lost wont be a bad thing
Old 9th June 2006, 03:04   #9
oz_bornep
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Octavia Estate - Silver Skoda Fabia VRS - L
oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!

LMAO!!!!

It's all go behind the scenes.

i hope peeps understand what's been happening during this last week in particular!!!

Things are really happening...we aren't just gass bagging as such!!!

This should all be fun!

Old 9th June 2006, 03:16   #10
Hazza17
Established Member

Car(s): Mazda Rx7, Honda Integra DC5 and GTR
Hazza17 is on a distinguished road

good luck simo!!
Old 9th June 2006, 03:21   #11
pug_boe
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Ford focus 1.8 ;-)
pug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to behold

yer my eyes are hurting from staying up so late all night now lol
Old 9th June 2006, 03:29   #12
luisax
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

luisax is just really niceluisax is just really niceluisax is just really niceluisax is just really nice

sounds good! look forward to seeing v3.5 up and running smoothly
Old 9th June 2006, 03:59   #13
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisax
seeing v3.5 up and running smoothly
That's my hope too - there's soooooo many cool new features coming - I can't wait.

We've done this a few times here at Saxperience over the years, and we're getting better at it. We never make little changes... (fingers crossed, do I press this red button?)

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Old 9th June 2006, 04:18   #14
Simop
Administrator

Press it... whats the worst that could happen. LMBO! © sax-p

Quote:
Old 9th June 2006, 04:32   #15
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

The plan does sound good, shame Saxperience could be down for 24 hours though. Just aswell i'm going out.

On a serious note though, its very good to see the site progressing well and i reckon you two guys can do a fairly quick changover.

Good luck
Old 9th June 2006, 04:46   #16
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie
i reckon you two guys can do a fairly quick changover.

Good luck
LOL - If there were only a couple of hundred posts and a few photos then it wouldn't be too complicated, but the Saxperience website has GIGABYTES of stuff, and we're transferring everything. (Even though the servers have super fast connections it still takes a long time)

This is much more than a quick transfer to a new server, this is a complete re-write in many respects nothing the likes of which have been attempted on Saxperience before.

v4 will introduce even more enhancements, but that's a future step - we need to let v3.5 settle in before v4 can take over.

It may have seemed like it was never going to happen (v3.5/4.0), but work is always going on behind the scenes to ensure that Saxperience keeps growing, and each step aims to provide more features and greater performance.

Thanks for your patience.

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Old 9th June 2006, 04:50   #17
plates2u
Frequent Poster

plates2u is just really niceplates2u is just really niceplates2u is just really niceplates2u is just really nice

well done boss and well done mark top men keep up the hard work
Old 9th June 2006, 05:13   #18
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

hardcore

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 9th June 2006, 05:16   #19
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

24 hours!? what am i ment to do during them hours!? i recon you should start the update around...3-4pm because ill be at work at 5pm till about 2am then be asleep till late afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Old 9th June 2006, 14:27   #20
Simop
Administrator

Tonight is the night!

Quote:
Closed Thread