Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 22nd February 2015, 20:59   #81
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Dom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
Looking really nice Tom, love a good S3.

you need pilot supersports in your life when those tyres next need a change! I've just changed from PS3's to Supersports and the difference is ridiculous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5190 View Post
Cheers mate.

I really want the Supersports! Were did you buy them from? I didn't get them this time as I'm still using it daily and doing 400miles a week which sucks. Plan is to get a daily car after the ring so I can stick this in my unit so I'll definitely be looking at them for the next set.
Tyre Leader has them for £99 each. It's a pretty good price. I'm really jealous of how clean your S3 is, sits at a perfect height. Out of interest, what clutch and flywheel did you go for?
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 12:54   #82
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v Desire
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Tom5190 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Tyre Leader has them for £99 each. It's a pretty good price. I'm really jealous of how clean your S3 is, sits at a perfect height. Out of interest, what clutch and flywheel did you go for?
Shit, I paid almost that for the PS3's off CamSkill I thought they were more like £130 a tyre!

I got the Loba single mass flywheel & the sachs 550Nm clutch.

http://www.amdtuning.com/product.det...renceID=168285

That's the AMD link for the kit, I got it cheaper than that from 'GNJ Motorsport.'

I wish I'd just got that clutch with a duel mass flywheel now though the single mass is getting a bit tedious!
Old 2nd March 2015, 18:54   #83
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5190 View Post
Cheers mate.

I really want the Supersports! Were did you buy them from? I didn't get them this time as I'm still using it daily and doing 400miles a week which sucks. Plan is to get a daily car after the ring so I can stick this in my unit so I'll definitely be looking at them for the next set.
Yeah as Dom said, Tyreleader has a really good price on at the mo. I paid £105 a corner from Camskill (tyreleader were £115 at the time). tempted to buy a couple more for when my fronts wear though.

really impressed with them, the PS3's were nice but deffo don't have the grip that the supersports do!

only had them on a few weeks so can't comment on wear rate yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 21:16   #84
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Its been a while... to be honest not a lot has changed on the car I've been trying to save as much money as possible. I'll contradict myself by the end of this post though as the bugs back this past month.

So since last time I've replaced the following:

Rear pads & Discs (OEM)
Rear brake dust covers
Oil & filter change ( x3)
Rear O/S caliper
Rear O/S caliper pipe
Water temp sensor housing (more on that later!)
Front Brake discs (OEM)
DS2500 Front Pads
Brake fluid change
Oil Pickup pipe
Glove box lid & ram
R8 Oil Cap

So I got a new job a few months back, my mileage each week has halved which means I can comfortably do my journey in a shit box. So as soon as funds allow I'll be buying something else to run around in and this will become a bit more of a toy.

So leaving off from the last update, I went to the ring in May, everything above the temp sensor housing was changed before this trip (only 1 of the oil/filter changes.) Long story short it was a disaster, ended up in German hospital with my brother he was out of action the whole time we were there. I bought 9 laps & only managed 1 practice lap in the S3....

I came across a little problem mid way round which left my car stuck in the car park for 3 days. The water housing on the right hand side of the block had been repaired way back (before the first ring trip) due to getting cracked when I changed the clutch. This gave way mid lap, VERY luckily the car didn't over heat. I managed to repair the car & drive it home with a lot of tie wraps under the bonnet!

Anyway after this I had 8 laps left on my card.... so we booked a ferry for August, I changed the rest of the things on the list and headed off back to Germany over the bank holiday.

More of a successful trip... sort of. I managed 6.5 laps, the first 6 were spot on, not the fastest but the car was faultless & the trip in general was faultless. I did however end up with some severely warped brakes which meant I had to drop off ad Adenau on lap 7 it was unsafe. The discs are genuine discs from TPS. Anyway a few videos below:

2nd Full lap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTkNYPl-4aQ

Passenger view
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5zEmmZJXzY

My half lap - you can here the vibrations pretty well!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czz0LtdwtxY

So I'm back in the UK, I've got to the point were I'm comfortable with the car & we've booked up for Germany again next April. I cant take it there with standard brakes I'm obviously cooking them way to easily so my plans are to go with a RS3/TTRS front brake setup. This doesn't fit under my wheels so I'll need new wheels (which is ok I need new tyres now again anyway!) So brakes wheels & tyres will be done before the next trip, id still like to get the ARBs changed too but I'll see what happens up until then.

Last edited by Tom5190; 10th September 2015 at 21:21.
Tom5190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 18:55   #85
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Dom is on a distinguished road

Are you doing the Easter weekend in April? That's when I'm back next, car crash friday will be epic!
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 12:10   #86
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Haha nah definitely not bud I'm avoiding that weekend at all costs!
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:55   #87
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Oh Hai!

So I guess I should resume were I left off at the previous Nurburgring trip. As I mentioned the brakes were the serious weak point. So I decided I wanted to upgrade to something substantial, I pestered a few forum members over on audi-sport & decided on a setup. I also made the decision to take the car off the road completely in December until it was complete (which was yesterday). The idea being I could do the brakes, service the car & do a few other things without having to worry about time & getting it back on the road etc, this got a little bit more in-depth than I first planned but I had no choice really.

To make sure I don't miss anything this is a list of what has been changed on the car since its been off the road:

Standard parts:
Air filter
Pollen filter
Oil filter
Oil
Sump plug
Spark plugs
All inlet/throttle gaskets
Air filter mounting rubbers
Turbo inlet pipe seal
4x Injector seal kits
2x Front top mounts
2x Front drop-links
Standard Acrylic GB badged number plates
Brake reservoir cap
O/S front Brake pipe
N/S front brake pipe

Upgrades:
TTRS Brembo 4-pots
Genuine Brembo inner & outer seal kit
Genuine bleed nipples & covers
AP Racing/Vagbremtechnic 362mm Bell & Rotors
HEL front Braided Lines
Mintex M1155 Front Pads
TTRS Brake cooling plates
KW V1 Inox coilovers
Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 18x8" ET45
Nankang NS2R 180 Hard compound

Right with that out the way, this is were it started.... £100 of my hard earned cash, a few parts & an MOT saw the total cost of buying this little beauty & making it road worthy at £250... Jackpot! So that meant the S3 was off the road and work could begin.

DSC06847 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

So firstly I bought & changed all of the service parts, next I came across the Brembos for sale on audi-sport. They were a little paint damaged & no info on mileage etc. So I thought I'd just buy them with the view of changing all seals bleed nipples then painting them. So they went a bit like this:

DSC06848 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
[​IMG]DSC06861 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC06861 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

While I gathered some funds I pulled the original brakes off the car & sold them, this was the start of the problems. The car was always due MOT in March so I went over all of the mot items to find quite a few problems, mainly that I had 2 snapped rear springs, 2 leaking rear shocks, 1 worn front top mount & 1 leaking front shock. I guess that's to be expected at 180,000 miles. It stayed like this for some time while I decided what to do.

DSC06928 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

While I was waiting I decided to have a look at the inlet valves, the engine is around the 60k mark now, with it off the road it was ideal timing. I decided to pull the injectors out too so I could have the seals changed & the injectors cleaned. Here's a few images of that whole fiasco:

Before:
DSC06965 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC06967 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC06970 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

Afters:
DSC06979 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC07038 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC06995 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

So before that all went back together I decided to remove any vac pipes, air pipes, plastics etc from the engine bay & clean them all. I wont lie I didn't really clean any of them my mate did all the cleaning bits for me!

DSC07041 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

So as you can see in the time that that happened I received the discs & coilovers, so I got around to fitting them ASAP, along with most of the other standard parts like top mounts etc:

DSC07021 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC07019 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

My mate also took all the inner arch liners out & cleaned them for me too!!

DSC07016 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC06987 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC07025 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

So that left me with a running car again, all brakes & suspension fit. I was waiting on wheels from Team Dynamics....

It sat like this for 7 weeks:
DSC07047 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

SEE NEXT POST!
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:58   #88
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

I wont rabble on about it to much but basically I rang TD, asked for some Pro Race 1.2 with the letters removed. Got quoted 3-4 weeks delivery time. 7 weeks later a set of normal 1.2's turn up with the writing in them wtf!? With the delivery times like that & the Nurburgring trip so close I cant risk sending the wheels back so I took a refund on some of the cost & just kept these wheels with the text. So that brings me to tonight, the car is booked in for Geometry & MOT on Saturday, a quick run out to Hartside to check that everything is good under anger & she's ready for Germany. Its late & the cars dirty so I'll get some proper photos over the weekend but for now this is how it looks:

DSC07054 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC07057 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC07059 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
DSC07058 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
Old 24th March 2016, 16:36   #89
RobVT
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): 16v Rallye S2
RobVT is on a distinguished road

i like it....... biased though
Old 4th April 2016, 19:12   #90
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVT View Post
i like it....... biased though
You've sort of built a lot of it really mate 80% of the parts on it have been through your hands haha.

Got some decent pictures of it after a clean:

DSC07075 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07082 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07094 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07096 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
Old 4th April 2016, 19:47   #91
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

Nice!
Old 5th April 2016, 11:22   #92
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Dem brakes!

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Old 5th April 2016, 20:31   #93
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Car's looking bloody awesome Tom!

how you liking the KW's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 21:08   #94
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

That's a really smart looking car, good to see some from the vag stable that's been tastefully modded and purposeful too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 13:23   #95
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
Car's looking bloody awesome Tom!

how you liking the KW's?
Cheers mate, the KW's are way too soft. I'm going to see how they go on track at the weekend. The ARB's are really shit from standard so I think ill go with changing them next & bushes then see how it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
That's a really smart looking car, good to see some from the vag stable that's been tastefully modded and purposeful too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Haha yep there will be no bags & 3DSM in here!
Old 12th April 2016, 09:31   #96
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Agree with the comments on the looks. VAG products tend to look rather tame and businessman like but this actually looks like it belongs on a track or going fast on the road!
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 00:17   #97
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Agree with the comments on the looks. VAG products tend to look rather tame and businessman like but this actually looks like it belongs on a track or going fast on the road!
Cheers mate, that's pretty much all it does tbf i'm not driving it daily at the minute.
Old 14th April 2016, 00:20   #98
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

I'm back from the ring now also, had a few issues, the suspension is shit being the main one. Brakes & tyres were wicked. Few photos & videos below:

DSC07115 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

13-14h-IMG_3487 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWj7HhpvKWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zR_H1VYCm4
Old 14th April 2016, 07:40   #99
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Good driving! I like the view as that's pretty much what it would look like to you driving but it makes the car look a little slower than it actually is I think.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 08:59   #100
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Good driving! I like the view as that's pretty much what it would look like to you driving but it makes the car look a little slower than it actually is I think.
Yea its always annoying watching it back when you realise the speed haha. It feels like your flying when your on there then the videos bring you back to reality! It is a relatively slow lap in both of them videos to be fair, they are 8:30's.

I managed to get down to 8:20 early on the morning with no traffic but that was about as good as it got for me.