Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 23rd July 2014, 00:47   #1
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!
Default My Bianca S2 Rallye

So, here we are.

Saw a 106 Rallye for sale, and having always fancied a white 106, and it being nearby....why not.

Car hasnt had the best previous ownage - borne out by the way the wiring for the bootlid has been sliced when the bootlid was changed to a GTi one; not even any need for it, it unclips in the c-pillar. Dicks. But was back on its way to being the way it should.

Anyway, being a 106 there was a fair bit of rust in the engine bay

After much chopping and welding - and genuine Peugeot repair panels - the front end is pretty rock solid and rust free, and resprayed in 2-pack Bianca.

Went to pick up an engine last night, which the seller said was a S2 Rallye lump. It would appear that if it is, its different to the last one I owned! The bit that covers the distributor end of the cam is different, and the loom that came with it doesnt seem to be an S2 Rallye one. Anyone any ideas?

The front suspension has been rebuilt with new genuine Peugeot parts: new top mounts; bearings; track rod ends and track rod arms; new inner track rod ends; Peugeot Sport bushes on the wishbones. Also has Eibach springs and Bilstein B8 dampers. The rear axle is pumped, but I have another axle tube with new pins, full axle rebuild kit (bearings and seals) , new brake compensator, eccentric washers. I may need to find a 24mm arb if the one on the car isnt right.

Came with GTi6 brakes but Ive since picked up some 266s as I want to go back to 14" wheels. On that note, Ive asked my now-best-mate parts guy at Pug to see what price he can do me a set of S2 steels for, as I was quoted 33quid before per wheel.

Also have a Scorpion Pugsport to go on, but Ill need to fit a mani first. Lets just say picking it up with only the manifold, but no downpipe on, made me a few enemies in that street. RrraAAARGH Peugeot Nascar!

Still have to fit my rear door cards. Went for poverty spec ones as theyre about the same, no speaker holes, but leave the painted metal on show like the front cards, which I like. Whether or not Ill fit the standard Rallye gearknob, I dont know, it basically looks like a flappy evil rubber dildo with 12345R written in blue in the top. Spazzyknob.

Gave the door cards and bench a wee hoover and skooshy clean earlier tonight, came up a bit better than they were.Still on the hunt for a Rallye carpet and front Rallye seats but its pretty hard going to find a pair that arent pumped or have sellers that are up for posting them. My mate found a set on facebook but theyre in Gravesend. FML.

Looks a bit balls just now

On a related note, give me a shout if you fancy buying the C5 steels

Last edited by Gabbastard; 23rd July 2014 at 00:49.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabbastard For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd July 2014, 01:28   #2
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Talk C5 steels to me, a man can never have enough steels
Old 24th July 2014, 21:14   #3
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Looking forward to this thread!

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 21:48   #4
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

In love with this.

I go up and down country a fair bit from darlo to pompey so if u see any bits on route and they don't want to post if I can help let me know
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 22:08   #5
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

see what the casting model on the head is..might help identify the engine.. eg.. some of them were Z07... Z02 etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 10:26   #6
kizmo22
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 51 plate, silver 1.1 saxo
kizmo22 is on a distinguished road

awesome! I love these cars.... cant wait to see how it turns out
kizmo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 10:43   #7
chompy
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Because racecar
chompy is on a distinguished road

You have a proper engine crane? Much jealous.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 10:49   #8
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Certainly looks like an s2 rallye lump, perhaps someone's changed the cam end cap? I'd be whipping that off to check it's got a j cam.
I've still got a rallye s2 plastic inlet here I think if you want it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 10:56   #9
RobVT
Established Member

Car(s): 16v Rallye S2
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
RobVT is on a distinguished road

Rallye fwend!
Old 25th July 2014, 11:02   #10
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

106 fwend!
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 16:58   #11
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

I have this engine, an unlocked Rallye ECU and a plastic inlet, so Id just need to find an 8v exhaust mani, Rallye engine loom and rad top hose. I also have a S1 Rallye alloy inlet, but if memory serves correctly they flow too well and balls up the running which is a shame.

Found another set of seats, in Oxford. No postage!
Old 26th July 2014, 21:50   #12
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

I can get them mate I drive that way Sunday and Friday
Old 26th July 2014, 23:01   #13
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Nice one dude, PMd.

With the new inner wings and strengthening plates having been welded in and the paint being redone, theres no stonechip protection underneath or in the wheel arches. Can anyone recommend anything? Been looking at some Dinitrol stuff on ebay.
Old 4th August 2014, 21:27   #14
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Thought I was onto a winner with Yates offering to collect some seats for me (thanks a lot dude). But now the sellers just gone quiet so thats a no go. Also found another set of seats for sale, but the sellers not getting back to me with regards to postage. My dick must need washed or something.

Also, while in France I managed to find someone breaking a white Rallye, wahay! Made a wee detour to go and pick up the carpet, as I could easily fold it up and bring it home. It was absolutely immaculate, didnt even need a clean, as the seller promised. But... I then realised that Id forgotten to think about LHD and RHD carpets being different. What an absolute spackerfuck.

Ah well, back to square one. Well maybe square two, Ive bought some Eibach Pro springs to replace the Sportline ones. Ils ont dans la poste!
Old 12th August 2014, 20:11   #15
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

shame Dave but be tidy soon
Old 13th August 2014, 20:09   #16
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

you heard anything yet? I havent heard a wrap again. Shame would of worked out well!
Old 14th August 2014, 17:54   #17
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
you heard anything yet? I havent heard a wrap again. Shame would of worked out well!

Nothing mate. Keeping them peeled for another set, which is annoying as so many have fag burns or ripped bolsters it seems.
Old 25th March 2017, 14:27   #18
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Things have progressed a wee bit, will update later today.
Old 29th March 2017, 20:49   #19
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Thread from the dead. What's new?
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 00:02   #20
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Oh yeah, forgot to update haha.

Managed to move to a house with dooble ga-rahj recently (I am never buying another place again, pretty much gave me brain aids) so have managed to get much more done.

Bought the Rallye from a dude I knew. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt, in that the car was sold as a project, but I find some oddities. For example, he told me it would need a new manifold as the downpipe was bent and they couldnt get the exhaust on. Yeah, that was the bottom gearbox mount on upside down, pushing the engine up at a daft angle and making it impossible to get the exhaust on. Easily remedied. Then, the gearbox had an issue apparently. Took apart the rose jointed gearlinkages to check lengths as it wasnt selecting some gears. Turns out the linkages had been attached to the wrong side of the bellcrank! Swapped to the right side, and all was well.

After discovering these, I decided to have a really thorough check of everytbing on the car. Prob a good thing as I found that the rad cap was a repurposed brake fluid resevoir cap. Yes really.

Also took the plenum apart, and found some washer jet hose being used for fuel hose. Yes, really!

Overall though, alls in good nick. Apart from a side of the boot floor which needed some attention. Had the suspicion that it was starting to go and picked apart the underseal on the back end. Funny what lurks under decent looking underseal...

Good excuse to go and buy a new welder I suppose. I love it when you get an excuse to buy new tools, if any excuse were needed. Spent some time tidying up and made some panels to sort it out.

Decided to pick off all the underseal til I got to fresh metal, and lay down some new rust inhibitor and underseal to keep the car going for the forseeable future. Got some Upol Raptor to coat the underside after reading good reviews and seeing it at a good price. Unfortunately, Iv since found out it uses an isocyanate hardener, so seeing as my garage is attached and I dont really fancy fuming out my house and getting turboasthma, then Ill probably move that on and use some other product.

Since I last posted, I managed to source some excellent condition seats, door cards and other bits that I needed for tthe interior at a really good price. Probably shouldnt have left them in the car though...

Also had a wee word with my man at Peugeot who sorted me a screamer discount on some brand new Rallye steels. Got some Rallye centre caps from someone who thought they were off a van, so the shoes are all sorted too now.

Knackered now, willupdate a bit more later