Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 14th October 2011, 22:39   #41
daza8956

Car(s): fiesta mark 1 xr3i--- pug 306 td --- golf tdi
daza8956 is on a distinguished road

hi got a hawk remote central locking thingy dont seem to work ive got a vtr w reg is the gui de for a alarm if not then i think ive wired it ok not sure ive got 2 white wiresd on mine and 1 black and white its frushtrating on my plug i got as follows num 1 live 2 earth 3 and 4 have 2 wires together then i got 8 and 7 please help
daza8956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 19:26   #42
hallett
L-plater

Car(s): Black Mk1 Saxo VTR
hallett is on a distinguished road

Just been out fitting this, excellent guide, but what connection can I use to connect the wire into the 7 port on the central locking plug? Thanks
hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 18:25   #43
Mattrollings1

Car(s): Yellow Saxo Furio
Mattrollings1 is on a distinguished road

Hi new to site, Just like to say this guide is spot on just fitted a hawk kit into my furio no probz
Thanks
Mattrollings1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 15:48   #44
BenM508
Regular Poster
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo Desire 1.1
BenM508 is on a distinguished road

I'm going to follow this guide tomorrow, was planning on putting the little LED in the left most blanked button on the centre console, will i just be able to drill a hole through and put the light in? Or will I have to take the centre console off to drill it, I don't want to drill through a wire or pipe or any other important item, thanks
BenM508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 13:14   #45
BenM508
Regular Poster
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo Desire 1.1
BenM508 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daza8956 View Post
hi got a hawk remote central locking thingy dont seem to work ive got a vtr w reg is the gui de for a alarm if not then i think ive wired it ok not sure ive got 2 white wiresd on mine and 1 black and white its frushtrating on my plug i got as follows num 1 live 2 earth 3 and 4 have 2 wires together then i got 8 and 7 please help
I got this problem, I have two white wires, so I guessed, in the manual it says that one white is for 12v ignition and the other is just another central locking wire, so I connected the central locking white to connection 7 on the plug, and left the ignition one connected to nothing, the box makes noises and the LED flashes when lock is pressed, but nothings happening with the door motors! did you get this sorted?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
BenM508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 01:03   #46
WickedRedSaxo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Furio 1.4 (2000) , wicked red !
WickedRedSaxo is on a distinguished road

great guide mate, !
WickedRedSaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 15:13   #47
AnthonyMartin
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2000 Citroen Saxo 1.0L
AnthonyMartin is on a distinguished road

superb guide !
AnthonyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 19:11   #48
hallett
L-plater

Car(s): Black Mk1 Saxo VTR
hallett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenM508 View Post
I got this problem, I have two white wires, so I guessed, in the manual it says that one white is for 12v ignition and the other is just another central locking wire, so I connected the central locking white to connection 7 on the plug, and left the ignition one connected to nothing, the box makes noises and the LED flashes when lock is pressed, but nothings happening with the door motors! did you get this sorted?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
That is the right way because mine works and its wired this way I would make sure all the correct wires are earthed properly
hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 10:28   #49
trex3491
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 CITROEN SAXO 1.1i Desire
trex3491 is on a distinguished road

Great guide, followed it and now my Saxo has remote locking. I mounted the box above the air duct that is above the glove box. The range is suberb! Thanks
trex3491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 19:20   #50
Seanyb69

Car(s): Saxo vtr 8v 51plate icelandic blue/silver
Seanyb69 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up It centrol locking guide

Hiya I didn't get a hawk I got a random one off every from hong kong lol but I still followed ur guide and it was spot on nice one chap 👍

Seanyb
Seanyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 16:50   #51
mattw89

Car(s): vauxhall corsa b 1.4 pug 106 1.5d ford puma 1.4
mattw89 is on a distinguished road

hi I'm new to here had this hawk system a while and am due to fit it next week. i dont have a glove box in my vts got an airbag instead, iv had a look under dash and there is only brown plug i can see, is it the corrrect one????
mattw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:04   #52
mattw89

*bump*
Old 24th April 2012, 14:08   #53
philbob
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vts
philbob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petee View Post
Ive decided to put up a little guide helping everyone who is fed up of the crappy saxo Fobs.

Hawk alarm

That is the system this guide is based on.

UNPLUG YOUR BATTERY

1. Removing the glove box- 2 screws on the front, and 4 screws on the back, if you get right into the foot well and look up you should see a metal plate, with a big black thing with lots of wires coming out of it. you have to slide that along to get the glove box passed all the wires.

MK1 Glove Box- 1 screw at the top, and theres 2 more screws behind some bits of rubber

I also removed the Glove box lid to make it easyer 3 screws then little pull and it will pop off.

2. Now you have to find the Centrol locking socket, if you look straight through the glove box on the top left you should see a brown plug with numbers written on it. Pull it out.

3. First off you need power, if you take a look at the brown plug, you should see numbers where the wires go in. Number 1 should be grey tap into that for power.

4. Earthing- If you are sat in the passenger seat and you look up in the foot well on your left you should see a bolt, if you undo this bolt and pull the carpet back you should see a bolt. This is where you are going to earth your wires.

Wires you need to earth.

-Yellow wire
-Yellow wire with a black stripe
-Black wire

5. Central locking
Now locate the white wire from the hawk central locking kit, this needs to go into number 7 on the central locking connector.

Now you have to find the white and black white from the hawk central locking kit, this one needs to go into number 5 on the central locking connector.

You are Almost there now! Plug everything back in and get your hawk fob. press the lock button and you should see the little LED blinks, your doors should also lock! If they do you have done everything right. If not check you have earthed all the wires i have mentioned.

6. Hazards flash. This is optional but its best to do it!

Now you are going to wire into the hazards so when you press lock/unlock they flash.

The fun part...

Now you want to take the centre console out, 5 screws 2 under the caps on either side of where the hazard button is, just above the air controls, one right at the bottom in the middle.

now you need to pull the Air controls off the little dial and the 2 slidy stick things.

Now you should be able to pull the centre console out

Take a look at the hazard button from the back of the console pull it out to make it easyer to get too.

Locate your 2 brown wires from the Hawk central locking kit. Now you want to look really closely at the plug that goes into the hazards button. you should see numbers on them. You want to put 1 brown wire in Number 5, and 1 brown wire in number 6.

Your all done!

Put all the centre console and glove box back in etc...

I stuck my Hawk box on the bottom of the glove box, now you may want to cable tie all the wires up to neaten it all up.

All the wires that are still loose you can either cut off or just role them up and cable tie them up.

Now you have a brand new remote locking system.

i used this and i got power but the locks keep goin up and down on there own iv try other ways but did not work for me
philbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 17:19   #54
mattw89

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbob View Post
i used this and i got power but the locks keep goin up and down on there own iv try other ways but did not work for me
I followed this guide as well and dont seem to be getting power to it, checked the earths and that i have all the right wires to were there meant to be and nothing, going to attempt to get power from the cig lighter tomorrow.
Old 27th April 2012, 16:13   #55
mattw89

iv give up with it, tryed so many times wires are to small to attach anything to them, lol stick to the key in the lock, old school style
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:21   #56
beaver02
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): VTR 1.6!
beaver02 is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
beaver02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 22:32   #57
Ryanbirch
L-plater

Ryanbirch is on a distinguished road

Nice guide
Ryanbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 22:42   #58
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

fitted mine the other day guide was spot on worked a treat on my p reg 1.1 sx
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 19:38   #59
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

done this today as not having central locking has pissed me off for over a year!!!

guide was literally a life saver! well impressed with my handy work too i must say

mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 22:14   #60
Ryanoo
Established Member

Car(s): MK2 VTR.
Ryanoo is on a distinguished road

I'm having trouble getting the glove box out, how do I slide that metal thing off with all the wires on to get the glove box off? I noticed the plastic parts into the metal have clips on them to stop it sliding out and I can't seem to press them down to slide it out, any ideas of this? How did you guys get it out?
:\

Last edited by Ryanoo; 22nd June 2012 at 22:18.
Ryanoo is offline   Reply With Quote