Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 27th October 2007, 11:56   #1
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

Car(s): westcoast
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to behold
Default buying a xbox or ps3 from the US

my parents are going on holiday in a few weeks to the us of a and was going to ask them to get me one of the above. would they be ok to use in the uk?
saxo_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 12:00   #2
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

They will work but will be locked to that region i believe.

Well i know for a fact that the 360 will be. I have no idea about the PS3. i need to know that myself.

PSP will be unlocked to all regions minus the UMD movies. So you could still buy titles in the UK and that would work on an american PSP.
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 12:08   #3
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

saxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to behold

ill have a look on some ps3 forums cheers for the info on the xbox. can u get us region games in the uk?
Old 27th October 2007, 12:12   #4
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

just got this from http://www.ps3forums.com

-If I buy a PS3 from one continent, will I be able to use that on other continents?
Yes
Old 27th October 2007, 12:34   #5
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

a US ps3 will pay any games but will only play US dvd's / blueray disks and ps1 or ps2 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 13:02   #6
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

xbox 360 won't be able to play uk games on a us machine and the ps3 will play uk games.

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 16:22   #7
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

wanted a xbox360 but i will look at the ps3. dont want to start another thread on which one is best but is it a lot better?
Old 27th October 2007, 16:26   #8
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

go for the ps3 comes with bluetooth, blu ray, can link a psp up to it ,online gaming is free, some great games coming out now and christmas time.

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 16:51   #9
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

its just the extra price even though there cheaper over there
Old 27th October 2007, 17:42   #10
Matt_e
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): clio
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
Matt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant future

not really worth it with the price they are here
Old 27th October 2007, 18:10   #11
Daniel_VTR
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Focus ST2
Daniel_VTR has a spectacular aura aboutDaniel_VTR has a spectacular aura aboutDaniel_VTR has a spectacular aura about

Plus youll need to change the plug?

I think the games are fine, its just the dvd's blue rays and ps1 and 2 games that wont work
Old 27th October 2007, 18:17   #12
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

i might not bother then only thought about it when i saw some of the deals you can get over there for the xbox360

http://www.walmart.com/search/browse...atNavId=482412
Old 27th October 2007, 18:34   #13
Matt_e
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): clio
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
Matt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant futureMatt_e has a brilliant future

plus if anything goes wrong with it sony wont cover it on the warranty because you imported it
Old 27th October 2007, 18:55   #14
laura_g
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): VTR, RX8
laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!laura_g is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah i was considerin gettin a ps3 from america but was unsure because they have different watts and voltage and the connection is different not much of a difference in price though to be fair so i wouldnt risk it