Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 24th September 2008, 21:58   #21
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarkyg View Post
Never had any problems with Nero to be honest with you, got v7 running in Vista Ultimate at the moment and no problems with it at all! Adobe reader i also have no problems with either! Currentyl running AVG until i get off my arse and buy a decent one.
Try http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php instead of adobe reader and i will bet money on how amazed you'll be at the speed difference in opening and viewing pdfs. Adobe and Nero completely clog your registry with needless crap that load everytime you boot slowing your machine down big time.

They also hog resources whilst not being used as they sit in the background waiting for the main app to be booted up.

Quick test for you. Un-install nero, then do a search on your PC for nero, then use a registry cleaner tool and search for nero entries. Reboot your PC, then do the searches again. You will never want to install nero on your PC ever again, trust me.

AVG is fine to be honest. I've never used anti virus as it's only ever me who has access to this PC so no chance of a virus. Just recently i had a friend ask about which anti virus is best so I've been running avast for the past few months. It's ok i guess, still hate the fact that a program just sits there leaching resources though
Old 25th September 2008, 09:01   #22
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

Not yet had a prob with Nero though, its the only burning suite i trust, nothing else seems to like writing DL discs i know Nero puts load s of crap in the registtry but i only have the main program installed, none of the extra stuff, loads like lightning on my Phenom system!

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 17:56   #23
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Ye you won't get any problems with the programs so to speak. It's how bloated they are that annoys me.

I'm a tweak freak anyway, i spend hours stream lining a fresh windows install before i can use it. Absolutely hate unnecessary programs leaching resources.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:42   #24
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): None.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

overclockers are very highly priced imo.
use ebuyer or scan!
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 21:25   #25
Pieface
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Pieface is just really nicePieface is just really nicePieface is just really nicePieface is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
overclockers are very highly priced imo.
use ebuyer or scan!
Indeed, OC is quite highly priced. Dabs isn't too bad, but Ebuyer is probably the best in my opinion.
Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 23:55   #26
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

why are you going for the 1200 case?

why not go for the cheaper 900? ive got that and its brilliant!

the 1200 just looks too big!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 00:45   #27
RootDogg
Established Member
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Astra G 2001 1.6 16v
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
RootDogg has much to be proud ofRootDogg has much to be proud ofRootDogg has much to be proud ofRootDogg has much to be proud ofRootDogg has much to be proud ofRootDogg has much to be proud ofRootDogg has much to be proud ofRootDogg has much to be proud ofRootDogg has much to be proud of

Imo, if you getting a quad core, not that is realllly needed for gaming then get more than 2gb of ram!
Old 26th September 2008, 08:35   #28
darkslag72
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): 106 xsi
darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!

my head hurts, im stayin console. cba to build and update when i can just buy the latest console tbh lol. each to there own tho i hate pc gaming.

Drifting....if it aint on full lock, you aint trying!trueno 86 corolla owns all RIP David Burns 1986-2008
darkslag72 is offline   Reply With Quote