Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 5th December 2008, 08:30   #1
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold
Default Motherboard problems

Right ive got the XFX NForce 790i Ultra SLi motherboard.

Got everything rigged up to it. Got WIndows Vista ULtimate x64 installed.

Everything seemed to be fine. Download the BIOS update P07 for it, applied it using the NVIDIA System Update program for windows and it failed, saying the BIOS revision was wrong or something, would i like to apply changes. I clicked no and reloaded the backup of the BIOS i did.
I go to reboot and now have no display, yet EVERYTHING powers up fine when it is switched on. I dont get a boot screen and the POST counter on the mobo reads FF, meaning normal boot.

Is there anyone who can give me a helping hand? Or a solution, have contacted XFX but am still awaiting a reply, and same for the company i bought it from! HELP!!!

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 08:54   #2
Psycho18
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 White VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Psycho18 will become famous soon enoughPsycho18 will become famous soon enough

doesn't sound to good mate looks like you've fucked the bios if it wont post a boot screen. I never update the bios through windows always do it through the bios themselves or usually the manufacturer have a program that does it out of a windows environment. See what XFX say sounds like an RMA tho to me
Psycho18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 08:59   #3
MarkyG
Established Member

MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

Yeah thats what i usually do, but have done it the Windows GUI way before many times and never had a problem!!

Old 5th December 2008, 09:24   #4
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

cant you just reset the BIOS by moving the jumpers?
Old 5th December 2008, 11:48   #5
MarkyG
Established Member

you can but it doesnt reset the BIOS itself it only clears the CMOS memory of settings from within the BIOS.

I think flashing the BIOS corrupted it, god knows how, as I reverted back to the original BIOS i backed up and that didnt work either! managed to get an RMA for it, so its going back on monday for testing and possible replacement

Still awaiting my GTX280 XXX graphics card though

Old 5th December 2008, 13:03   #6
Psycho18
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 White VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Psycho18 will become famous soon enoughPsycho18 will become famous soon enough

oh well computers suck anyway lol always something going wrong with them. Atleast you got that gtx280 coming
Psycho18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 13:36   #7
MarkyG
Established Member

only been waiting since the 12th Nov so far for the GTX280, so not all good

As for the motherboard it was picked up about 2 hours ago so its on its way to its destination as we speak so one good thing came out of it, me getting it sent out pronto lol