Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 30th April 2008, 12:01   #1
and123rew
Frequent Poster
South Wales Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
and123rew is a jewel in the roughand123rew is a jewel in the roughand123rew is a jewel in the roughand123rew is a jewel in the rough
Default laptop over heating advise needed

i no its quite a few IT buffs on here so here goes opinions please is this normal

i had alot of trouble with my laptop overheating and shuttting down..now i got it on extended warranty so i had it sent off they said it was because the fan was blocked with dust etc and that the screen was wrecked caz it was getting to hot becuase of this.

so they cleaned it out and and replaced the screen and sent it back to me. Now the fan is working and it hasnt switched itself off yet but it is still getting extremely hot after a short period of time, its getting as hot as it normal was last time before it shut itself off but i think the fan is keeping it about in check for it not to, the laptop pad below the keyboard gets to hot to touch sometimes like it did before now i really think it is still something still wrong with it do you think i should ring them back up and tell them and get them to do a proper test on it . . because i swear it never used to get this hot.

is it normal laptop is toshiba satalite Pro L100

thanks you
and123rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 15:47   #2
lukemc5853
Infrequent Poster
North West Region Member

lukemc5853 is on a distinguished road

now where abouts do you tend to use it? do you normally use it in bed and notice it gettin hot?
lukemc5853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 15:52   #3
lukemc5853
Infrequent Poster
North West Region Member

lukemc5853 is on a distinguished road

There is also a fan power save mode in the bios which has "maximum cooling" and "maximum quiet" modes (the names may be different).
lukemc5853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 15:58   #4
saunders
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Fiat Seicento, MK2 Furio 2000 X, Pug 206
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!

My Laptop always gets quite hot, but then it is a 2.8Ghz P4 lol, and about 5 years old. If its not turning off then it will be fine, but ensure you don't leave it directly on your "Lap" as it can cause burning. Im hoping this laptop will last another 6-12 months so I can get a Tower unit, so much cheaper and easier to upgrade
Old 30th April 2008, 22:45   #5
Danny
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Danny is a splendid one to beholdDanny is a splendid one to beholdDanny is a splendid one to beholdDanny is a splendid one to beholdDanny is a splendid one to beholdDanny is a splendid one to beholdDanny is a splendid one to behold

i no a mate who has his laptop on 4 shotglases next to a window so its got fresh air going round it iv tryed it with mine and it works great
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2008, 02:47   #6
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

aye, if you can elevate the laptop off the table by putting it on something like THIS then you will increase the airflow and it will help to reduce the temperatures.

but if it is getting too hot to touch, then you need to send it off

could be a problem with the battery, which could end up with a little explosion, and we dont want that happening! lol very doubtful it will do though.

best to be safe though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote