Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 21st January 2012, 09:07   #21
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Any electrical item comes with 3 years, standard EU law.

That new RAZR looks nice but seems ridiculously overpriced. Would not buy after my previous experience with motorola phones. They're certainly built with design in mind, but are dogshit slow and unreliable. Hopefully they have addressed these issues, time will tell.
Thats what i though with my last apple product until just after a year of ownership the home button stopped working and they refused to do anything about it as it's out of their 1 year warranty period. I know of many other people who have also had apple refuse to do anything outside of the 1 year warranty they give as standard.
kristel10589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 09:13   #22
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

My mrs works for Samsung and has an Iphone 4S, that alone speaks for itself i think! Cant say why but just dont buy one...

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 09:36   #23
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristel10589 View Post
Thats what i though with my last apple product until just after a year of ownership the home button stopped working and they refused to do anything about it as it's out of their 1 year warranty period. I know of many other people who have also had apple refuse to do anything outside of the 1 year warranty they give as standard.
I know plenty of people who know that any electrical item comes with 3 year guarantee as per EU law.

From moto I had a startac, the super small version of the startac, a RAZR, a RAZR 2 and an accompli 008. Thank fuck for phone insurance, as I lost count of how many time I had replacements. Then bought either sony or ericsson or sonyEricsson and never had to buy insurance again.

Last edited by Manu; 21st January 2012 at 09:39.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 09:39   #24
nicole_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS & EK9
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
nicole_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
I know plenty of people who know that any electrical item comes with 3 year guarantee as per EU law.
Is that actually true?
What's the difference between a guarantee and a warranty.
I've had plenty of things break outside a year and thought there was nothing I could do..
nicole_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 09:49   #25
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole_ View Post
Is that actually true?
What's the difference between a guarantee and a warranty.
I've had plenty of things break outside a year and thought there was nothing I could do..
There's a slight trick to it, the difference between resellers guarantee and manufacturer's guarantee. Then you can quote the Article 5 of the EU Product Warranty Directive in case you have a problem. You can claim up until 2 years for electronics and up to 6 years on white goods. Your right as a consumer is you get 3 years, period.

You can quote the sales of electrical goods act of 1979 iirc in case you need to battle with a shop. I have never lost a claim so far, even brought a £10 kettle back to Argos once without a receipt. The trick is to base your defence on "fair wear and tear", bearing in mind you're bringing back a faulty item that looks cosmetically good (not battered or physically damaged)

Quote:
You thought, you mean you didn't try to bring the item back?

Last edited by Manu; 21st January 2012 at 09:59.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 10:03   #26
MikeYost
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
MikeYost is on a distinguished road

Ive had both, S2 is the better phone - not by much though!

http://www.musclefood.com/MY46144
MikeYost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeYost For This Useful Post:
Old 21st January 2012, 10:37   #27
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I've got a 4s and the boyfriends got a Htc sensation which iirc is the same phone as the s2 and tbh I think both are crap.
I had a blackberry and wanted an iPhone for the faster browser/ Facebook etc and I liked the idea of siri. It's slower than my blackberry, I never ever use Siri as most the time it can't get anything I say and iCloud is awful, rarely syncs on the iPad altogether.
The Htc sensation is constantly freezing, it shuts down randomly when you open apps/the camera and it' seems pretty slow as well.
The only thing I like about them both is the good camera tbh
Sounds like he needs to get a new handset, they dont all freeze haha
Mochachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 19:57   #28
Carl-h
Established Member

Car(s): Honda Civic Type-R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Carl-h is on a distinguished road

I had a HTC a few years back. Auful phone but it was on windows lol. Got a 3GS and just upgraded to a 4s. Amazing phones I love em. I didn't want to follow the trend but it's worth it!
Carl-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 20:11   #29
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

iPhone4S can now be jailbroken. That for me makes it a daft question. iPhone all the way!
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 21:14   #30
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

iPhone's are over rated massively.

Siri is actually pretty useless once the novelty wares off.

The browser being better than my berry is good at times, except when out of 3G then it is shocking the berry still could get data.

Don't go for hype, just test each and see what you prefer.
Old 21st January 2012, 21:40   #31
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
iPhone's are over rated massively.

Siri is actually pretty useless once the novelty wares off.

The browser being better than my berry is good at times, except when out of 3G then it is shocking the berry still could get data.

Don't go for hype, just test each and see what you prefer.
I don't see how they're over rated?

As a standard phone then yes, they're over-rated due to the restrictions. Jailbroken I'd love to know what your phone does that the iPhone doesn't.
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 22:03   #32
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoJay88 View Post
I don't see how they're over rated?

As a standard phone then yes, they're over-rated due to the restrictions. Jailbroken I'd love to know what your phone does that the iPhone doesn't.
I've got a 4s.

They're over rated by people who just want a toy with a nice screen.

Battery life is piss poor, the keyboard is not nice to use (other touch screens work better IMO). My berry was considerably better set up for text and email, the whole operation system just made more sense to use, the iPhone os at times just makes no sense with the way things work. Signal isn't as good as previous phones I've had, the way the system seems unable to work outside of 3G isn't good in venues.. Etc...

But then I look at phones as being able to be usable as one, rather than wanking over which apps there are to see which gays are trying to get sex in the local area.
Old 21st January 2012, 22:36   #33
e8_pqck
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): AX 16v Turbo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
e8_pqck is on a distinguished road

Well I bought the galaxy s2 (hercules) and well pleased. In fact, on it now!
e8_pqck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 22:57   #34
iFurio
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Forteee & Furiooooo
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
iFurio is on a distinguished road

my mates got the s2, I have the 4s, I prefer 4s tbh but I am an apple fan boy
HTC stuff always feels/looks really plasticky and crap, iPhone is as advertised "smart phone"
iFurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 23:03   #35
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTagen View Post
iPhone is as advertised "smart phone"
Just a shame its so bad at being the phone part.

Old 21st January 2012, 23:06   #36
iFurio
Established Member

Quote:
Just a shame its so bad at being the phone part.

How??....
Old 21st January 2012, 23:07   #37
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
How??....
See my rant above.

As a multimedia toy theyre a giggle. But as a phone theyre terribly over rated by fanboys.
Old 21st January 2012, 23:20   #38
iFurio
Established Member

Quote:
See my rant above.

As a multimedia toy theyre a giggle. But as a phone theyre terribly over rated by fanboys.
1 Question:
Without the iPod and iPhone would we really have the smartphone and mp3 player as we know them today? Think about what was out before the first iPhone, first iPod, when it boils down to it, the S2 wouldnt be here without the competition from Apple thats what I think anyway
Also think about it the first iPhone released 2007
a year latter Samsung gave us the TOCCO!
I know its all about which is better now, but I always think back to them times and that Apple really did, as they say, re-invent the phone
Old 21st January 2012, 23:22   #39
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
1 Question:
Without the iPod and iPhone would we really have the smartphone and mp3 player as we know them today? Think about what was out before the first iPhone, first iPod, when it boils down to it, the S2 wouldnt be here without the competition from Apple thats what I think anyway
Also think about it the first iPhone released 2007
a year latter Samsung gave us the TOCCO!
I know its all about which is better now, but I always think back to them times and that Apple really did, as they say, re-invent the phone
Im not really fussed about who invented what.

We could say we wouldnt have smart phones without the nokia 5110 pushing the boundaries and having snake as part of it.

Phones evolve, I had the first gen iphone and the 4s is considerably better but still for me ultimately very floored for a phone which is now several generations into its life span.

Apple have done so well with many things being from style over any real function. The style of the ipod and good marketing really kicked them back in to life, when in reality itunes is a horrendous piece of software.

Ibe got several apple products, most of which are great looking but good luck using them in bright sun
Old 21st January 2012, 23:25   #40
iFurio
Established Member

Quote:
Im not really fussed about who invented what.

We could say we wouldnt have smart phones without the nokia 5110 pushing the boundaries and having snake as part of it.

Phones evolve, I had the first gen iphone and the 4s is considerably better but still for me ultimately very floored for a phone which is now several generations into its life span.

Apple have done so well with many things being from style over any real function. The style of the ipod and good marketing really kicked them back in to life, when in reality itunes is a horrendous piece of software.

Ibe got several apple products, most of which are great looking but good luck using them in bright sun
Anyway back to subject at hand iPhone 4S lad! You wont regret it. Even more reason to get 1 now its jailbroken