Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 3rd June 2004, 01:28   #1
roadkill_
Infrequent Poster

roadkill_ is on a distinguished road

Got a cherrybomb backbox on my 1 litre, and a piperx induction kit, soon to decat.

First question, would a boost valve help?

2nd question, what does uprating the ignition leads/plugs do if anything?

3rd question, if i had all of the above, backbox, decat, induction kit, boost valve and ignition leads, would chipping the car be any good? (i dont care how little improvements, nor about cost)

oh and a powerchip? available for such a small engine? any use etc?

and my last question, my induction kit is right up at the top where the airbox was, with a small cold air pipe aimed at it, would i be better to take the kit down nearer the grill with a pipe taking it down? or no difference?

Thanks
roadkill_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 15:58   #2
Ripper3
Frequent Poster

Ripper3 is on a distinguished road

Mate, all i can say is, VTS.
If money is no object, then get one, itll save u loads of time, cos w/the 1l, u gotta go looking through everything u can get for the Sax, just to find u cant get it for a 1l. Its just wot i think. Still, if ur trying to go for the street sleeper effect,then go for it, wouldnt loads of people b surprised if u passed em in a little 1l?
Oh, i recomend u get that little widget from ecotec. Dont really know wot it does, but everyone who has it likes it, so must b good
Ripper3 is offline   Reply With Quote