Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 4th June 2004, 18:57   #1
winder
Infrequent Poster

winder is on a distinguished road

hello
ive got a vtr and i want to fit my bmc kit at the weekend, just wondering what size crank case filter i need and how many. i look at the engine and i have two pipes, one from the front as normal and then another one behind the oem air box. also the magnecor ignition leads,are they any good?
winder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 19:32   #2
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

i dont know the sizes off the top of my head, easiest way would be to take them off and measure them, i seem to remember 19mm being kicked around but as i say better to measure.

I dont really beleive in this uprated ignition lead stuff, as long as the ones you have are in good condition they should work as well as you need, but thats just my opinion

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 20:08   #3
winder
Infrequent Poster

cheers mate. just one more question, i have some alloys which i had on my fiat that fit my vtr hubs perfectly. the only thing is they are two wide. i have tried spacers but they dont work. what is the biggest width you can have on a saxo. ie 6.5 or 7.0
Old 4th June 2004, 20:28   #4
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

do the bolt holes line up?

im unsure exactly on how wide but 18s will go under the standard arches and they are usually 215 widewhich is roughly 8.5 wide mind you say bye bye to full lock.

Whats the PCD and offset of the wheels?

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 4th June 2004, 20:32   #5
winder
Infrequent Poster

i dont know what the pcd or off set is. me and my mate tried them and the holes line up perfect but tyres rub on a little bolt that comes off the strut on the front and they rub on torsion bar on the back. its only the tyres though and where they bulge out. if i got lower profile tyres do you think that would solve it?
Old 4th June 2004, 20:47   #6
Scottp
Administrator

it might a little, try using larger spacers?

Old 4th June 2004, 20:54   #7
winder
Infrequent Poster

thing is, if i use 9mm there wont be any ring left in the middle of the hub for the wheel to align on so it will be just resting on the bolts, what do ya reckon?