Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th February 2013, 15:26   #1
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road
Default iphone what the funk

I bought my mrs an iphone 4 from a girl at work whos parents had upgraded their business contracts, 100% wiped, not a mark on it at all £100. bargain.

only problem was that it was locked, and so i set about jailbreaking it as i had heard this would network unlock the phone also, so i downloaded redsn0w and set about it, a simple process i was told and anyone can do it.

all seemed well, it rebooted as i was told it would etc, but there was no redsn0w or cydia, or infact anything that would say the phone was jailbroken.

i left it as it was, defeated, as nothing i would do would "succesfully" jailbreak it, fast forward a week after she had returned from italy visiting her family and now the phone is unlocked, but NOTHING works, {browser, maps, calender, mail}

i connected it up to the pc again but this time i downloaded a program called evasi0n, when i connect it using that it tells me that the phone IS jailbroken, and it is not recommended to use this tool to jailbreak it, ignoring that message and trying the program anyway does nothing whatsoever and evasi0n just gets stuck immediately.

so i connected it to itunes in the hope of restoring it, NOTHING that doesnt work either ! i am literally so fucked off with it its untrue and certainly has done nothing in favour of me starting to like iphones.

i know thats long winded and a bit hard to read but, before the phone goes through the window and i get her a galaxy or something, is there anything else i can try?!

Matt

mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote