Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 30th May 2004, 01:42   #1
domviz
Infrequent Poster

domviz is on a distinguished road

Just put a rockercover breather on my 1.1i saxo mk1 and i found a hose going from the original breather to the intake manifold. what does it do and can i just block it off?

Cheers Dom
domviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2004, 15:05   #2
supersav
Regular Poster

supersav has a spectacular aura aboutsupersav has a spectacular aura aboutsupersav has a spectacular aura about

this breather pipe from the rockercover has to, by law, be fed into the induction, it's an emissions thing.

When you say you've fitted a "rockercover breather" do you mean one of those little air filter looking numbers?

Or do you mean a proper catch tank?

If it's the air filter looking jobbie then throw it in the bin now, I've had one of these for a couple of months and it's become soaked in oil from the vapour and dripped it all over the fucking place.

If you're on about a proper catch tank then just block off the holes in the induction pipes, but be aware that if you go to a "non-frendly" mot place they may fail you.

Pete
supersav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2004, 17:34   #3
domviz
Infrequent Poster

it is one off those air filter jobs but its a piper X one and at the moment i have seen no trace of oil but i no what u mean i've seen it on my mates car where it leaks cus its just a miniture version of an air filter but this one seems 2 work well.
So the hose going to the intake can be blocked off?
What will this do?
Old 30th May 2004, 18:39   #4
Northern_Will
Frequent Poster

Northern_Will is on a distinguished road

When i had the piper cross on mine i just blocked the pipe over with a small piece of cloth and some tape. No problems but i ended up takin the piper cross off due to pinking. That was more due t the hot air from the piper cross rather than blocking the pipe up

MSN - lilt_man@hotmail.com
Northern_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2004, 19:13   #5
domviz
Infrequent Poster

wat do u mean pinking?