Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 21st June 2004, 23:25   #1
Gregstar
L-plater

Gregstar is on a distinguished road

i am having a few problems with my 93K mile black top VTR, the tappets are noisy, and there is just a general lack of power as a 1.4 beat me off the light and i couldn`t catch it. the only mods are magnex backbox and green cotton induction kit. it has been serviced regularly with oil changed every 4k miles as service is every 8k. Any ideas
Gregstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2004, 00:07   #2
citrovts
Frequent Poster

citrovts is on a distinguished road

how big are your wheels
Old 23rd June 2004, 03:37   #3
Gregstar
L-plater

they are std alloys, from shitroen. i used to have 16`s but apparently that kept causing my fuel lines to pop off from the pump so i put the std ones back on
Old 23rd June 2004, 04:08   #4
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

try giving the engine a flush and buy a haynes manual, tells you how to set the tappets in there

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 00:01   #5
Gregstar
L-plater

i have done less than 1k on a new head and full service which is the worring thing
Old 24th June 2004, 05:10   #6
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

was the head new or a recon? if it was a recon maybe get it checked wouldnt be the first time i had heard of heads being said to be fine and have a whacking great crack in it, though that would be a bit more noticable

How are the running temeratures etc?

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 25th June 2004, 03:59   #7
Gregstar
L-plater

running temp is fine stays on half mark when driving and only rises when in traffic. i have noticed that it is starting to stream a bit, not sure what that would indicate?

Old 25th June 2004, 16:19   #8
Scottp
Administrator

how do you mean "stream" or did you mean steam? if its steam then get it checked! sounds like the head gasket is dead or the head itself is leaking

Old 26th June 2004, 04:19   #9
Gregstar
L-plater

sorry i did mean steam silly typo. the car is now having the head gasket replaced again, along with piston rings!! just hope the bill isn1t too much
Old 28th June 2004, 05:13   #10
Scottp
Administrator

the rings will probably be a bit labour heavy