Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 28th October 2017, 18:50   #1
aaronjoyn

Car(s): 2001 Saxo First 1.1 (Red)
aaronjoyn is on a distinguished road
Default Flat Arch to VTR

Hi guys, I bought a flat arch a few weeks ago and the plan was to just keep it for the winter as a run around, however the bug took over and I want to transform it into something to be proud of. Here it is when I got it with added vts alloys and vts front seats which were the only mods I'd done to it.

This is it from tonight with the vt front bumper and passenger front arch fitted, both painted in flat black with a couple of coats of clear lacquer.

Tomorrow will be the fitting of the driver side front arch and sanding down of the side skirts. I'm also planning on keeping the rear standard bumper but painting it to match the gloss black as well as the bump strips and I want to keep the flat arch on the rear.

Long term plans are a vtr engine swap, upgraded front brakes and I also have 40mm lowering springs in the boot ready to fit when I get round to it.

I'm excited about the future of this car as I think when it has a vtr engine in it, it'll be a fun drive. Eventually it could even become a track car if I decide to take it down that route. I've been into modding cars in the past but my plans for this surpass everything I've really done in the past.

I'll keep this thread updated whenever I do things to it,after the kit has been fitted, it's due to have the driver seat mount closest to the gear stick welded back in place as it snapped before I acquired it.

Done:
Dewiper
Fitted VTS 15" alloys
Fitted front VT bumper and 1 arch
VTS Front seats
A little clean, polish and wax

To do:
Fit the other arch,
Paint and fit side skirts
Paint rear bumper and side strips
Lower 40mm and rear to match
Detail engine bay tidying up anything I can
Thoroughly check for any rust that may be hidden
Repair seat mount
VTR engine and brake swap

Hopefully those pictures have worked, if not I'll sort them out.
aaronjoyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 18:56   #2
aaronjoyn

VTS front seats

Dewiper result

All in all, Im happy with the condition of the 16 year old thing!
Old 28th October 2017, 23:29   #3
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

Interesting that you're leaving it flat on the back. It just might look a bit unbalanced with the wider VT front end and the skinny flat arch rear!

Also, why not go 16v if you're going to the trouble of an engine swap?
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 23:38   #4
aaronjoyn

There is a chap on here who did the same and it looked really good on his. I don't want to make it look fully like a vt otherwise I guess I should have bought one.

I could do but there's less work involved in a vtr swap. Is that correct? I've mainly been researching vtr swaps and from what I understand, all that needs replacing is the engine, ecu and brakes whereas with the 16v there is more work involved. It's early days to be honest yet, it'll be in the new year I do the swap.
Old 29th October 2017, 00:03   #5
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

I suppose it might look on if the wheels fill the rear arches nicely!

I would have no idea how much more or less work it would be to fit a 16v, however if it is extra work it is totally worth doing. The vtr feels flat as a pancake compared to the vts.
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2017, 00:09   #6
aaronjoyn

I'll have to look into it then, I want a car worth doing the work on and if the vts engine is that much better I'll definitely consider it.

In regards with the arches, I'm hoping 40mm will be enough on the front and the rears should just look right. Any less than 40mm and I don't think it'd be good enough, but anymore than 40mm and I think it may struggle with the bumps where I work, it's FULL of speed bumps haha.