Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 5th October 2018, 19:27   #1
Crocko2
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo VTS track car Mercedes A45 AMG Nissan Qashqai
Crocko2 is on a distinguished road
Default Cage

I'm currently building a track VTS. Have stripped everything out, am ditching all un-required bits and am trying to decide what's next. The prep work is done, now it's time to start spending on new bits��
Suspension, brakes, seats, harnesses etc... but should a cage be top of the list? I have seen on a few sites that they insist on the car being "totally stripped" before they will fit a cage for you. E.g. Seats, dash and all. I want to be able to drive the car to someone to get the cage done, but don't know if It should be next on the list of work, or sort everything else first then get the cage done last??

Also, bolt in or weld? What's the rough price difference?

Last edited by Crocko2; 5th October 2018 at 19:38.
Crocko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2018, 00:07   #2
karl_mh
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 GTI - 106 GTI shell - New 106 Rallye shell
karl_mh is on a distinguished road

In my opinion the cage should be done first, plates would need welding to the floor. It also depends on what cage you buy as some fall short of the dash so no cutting of the dash would be required but others go through the dash. You could always drive it to your chosen cage installer stripped and with just the drivers seat and dash fitted then remove upon your arrival at the installers.

I'm currently building a 106 Gti track day / sprint car and have a build progress thread going, maybe have a look and grab some tips or let me know where I'm going wrong :y

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=475327

Last edited by karl_mh; 6th October 2018 at 00:10.
karl_mh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to karl_mh For This Useful Post:
Old 6th October 2018, 08:12   #3
Crocko2
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo VTS track car Mercedes A45 AMG Nissan Qashqai
Crocko2 is on a distinguished road

That's great, thanks for the advice. Will keep a close eye on your build thread ��
Crocko2 is offline   Reply With Quote