Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 20th March 2012, 14:24   #161
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

but really....looks good though mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 14:26   #162
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
but really....looks good though mate
Cheers Baz. Il do my best to keep it tidy.

Not sure how far im going with it though.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 14:27   #163
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
Cheers Baz. Il do my best to keep it tidy.

Not sure how far im going with it though.
In what sense? The sense of mods or how far you'll go to keep it standard looking and tidying bits up

Quote:
Old 20th March 2012, 14:30   #164
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In what sense? The sense of mods or how far you'll go to keep it standard looking and tidying bits up
Mods.

As for tidying up i really dont have much to do in that department either. Just needs a wash underneath really. I have a squeak when i change gear so im not sure if thats a engine mount/or the spring at the front of the exhaust. Other then that i cant see anything else to change? I suppose thats a good thing. More money in my pocket.
Old 20th March 2012, 14:37   #165
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Mods.

As for tidying up i really dont have much to do in that department either. Just needs a wash underneath really. I have a squeak when i change gear so im not sure if thats a engine mount/or the spring at the front of the exhaust. Other then that i cant see anything else to change? I suppose thats a good thing. More money in my pocket.
Indeed! Just paint few bits under the bonnet etc, need to paint my wiper arms that I have. Hate the fact the paints come off them lol

Quote:
Old 20th March 2012, 14:57   #166
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Indeed! Just paint few bits under the bonnet etc, need to paint my wiper arms that I have. Hate the fact the paints come off them lol
Haha might do.

Just ordered these as mine have little splits in them so that cant be any good + new droplinks to fit at the same time. Sorted.

Need to order the new exhaust 'fitting kit' springy bit from 106parts as its £20 post iirc. Kamracing its near £25. fuck that.. im all for decent quality parts but there must be a line somewhere hurhur...

Last edited by Prickle; 20th March 2012 at 15:00.
Old 20th March 2012, 15:12   #167
Liam-westcoast
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 106 quicksilver
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Liam-westcoast has a spectacular aura aboutLiam-westcoast has a spectacular aura about

looking good mate, exhaust sits much better now with ss centre pipe.
Liam-westcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 15:13   #168
Cam
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Gen 7 Celica 190.
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Cam is on a distinguished road

Get from kamracing john, 106parts are idoits they always mess order's up if it even turns up!
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 15:13   #169
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam-westcoast View Post
looking good mate, exhaust sits much better now with ss centre pipe.
Cheers Liam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Get from kamracing john, 106parts are idoits they always mess order's up if it even turns up!
Its the price they bump ontop just to post man. £25. Il probs bite the bullet and buy.. since you've mentioned this.
Old 20th March 2012, 15:26   #170
Cam
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Gen 7 Celica 190.
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Cam is on a distinguished road

Worth it man, i got strut braces for my saxo and they sent me a audi a4 one worth £45, mine was £110 after about a week they replied saying they won't do nothing till they get the audi one back because i may not send it back! I was like wtffff
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 15:28   #171
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Worth it man, i got strut braces for my saxo and they sent me a audi a4 one worth £45, mine was £110 after about a week they replied saying they won't do nothing till they get the audi one back because i may not send it back! I was like wtffff

Shame.

Ah well that can wait till i get paid on Friday lol. If that doesnt solve the squeak onto the lower engine mount next to the downpipe.
Old 20th March 2012, 16:19   #172
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
qrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Shame.

Ah well that can wait till i get paid on Friday lol. If that doesnt solve the squeak onto the lower engine mount next to the downpipe.
I had this squeak on mine when it was standard tried replacing springs a few times with no luck! Only went when I got my Peugeot Sport mounts! For the price i'd just buy a Powerflex lower bush!

For springs though they are cheap! Would never buy a fitting kit again they are way overpriced...you can get better quality components that will do the same job for next to nothing!
qrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 16:27   #173
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrty View Post
I had this squeak on mine when it was standard tried replacing springs a few times with no luck! Only went when I got my Peugeot Sport mounts! For the price i'd just buy a Powerflex lower bush!

For springs though they are cheap! Would never buy a fitting kit again they are way overpriced...you can get better quality components that will do the same job for next to nothing!
You've seen the vid then? its annoying haha and awesome! Cheers for the links. Will buy on Friday. Il use the money on a new mount instead and get the exhaust springs cheaper. Il double check mine over first.

I have no idea why they are so high priced on that site. Im not being stingy but tbf..

Is the mount rubber easy to fit?

Edit is this exactly the same as i can get it for £23

Last edited by Prickle; 20th March 2012 at 16:52.
Old 21st March 2012, 15:11   #174
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Well started on cleaning the underneath + it was to double check for rust. its getting another go tommorow then thats that done. Still awaiting ARB Polybushs.. shouldnt be long now IMO.

Before;

After;

Need a gromit for there.. il rob one off another Saxo when i go to the scrapyard.

Exhaust will all get sprayed to match the SS as it looks out of place. Check for rattles and theres nothing so the squeak must be the engine mount next to the downpipe. Next pics tommorow when ive whore it out moar.

How does it look for a 2003 car?
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:09   #175
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Finished cleaning underneath that will do till the winter comes. Also washed the car and hoovered it. Had to be done tbh..

My cousin (20yr) thought this would be safe whilst i clean underneath. Thick cunt.. soon put it right.

I have the odd scab under the boot floor but its not worth bothering about.

Cam cover will get finished when i sort the Droplinks and ARB bushes. Still waiting on my arb bushes though..

The car is now literally sparkling from top to underneath/in.
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:23   #176
sax_o_milley
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): white mk1 vtr
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
sax_o_milley is just really nicesax_o_milley is just really nicesax_o_milley is just really nicesax_o_milley is just really nicesax_o_milley is just really nice

get some waxoil on there mate
sax_o_milley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:26   #177
harry289
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Icelandic Grey Saxo VTR
harry289 is on a distinguished road

Nah don't wax oil it! Wire brush the rust bits down, then sand them, then some silver hammerite just on the rear part of the underside though
harry289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:35   #178
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax_o_milley View Post
get some waxoil on there mate
What all underneath? lol. Why the orig underseal is more then enough.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry289 View Post
Nah don't wax oil it! Wire brush the rust bits down, then sand them, then some silver hammerite just on the rear part of the underside though
I wont be LOL. It really isnt great stuff.

Mr postman gave me the ARB bushes today, oosh.

So my new droplinks and bushes will go on this weekend. Should be a gooden.

Just got to wait for my lower engine mount one now (next to the downpipe)
Old 24th March 2012, 17:38   #179
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Droplinks in short were a nightmare. When refitting them i came across a issue where they wouldnt fit. I made a rant status (heh heh) and dougeh gave me a idea which i had to use on the pass side btw. Thanks bbz. But on the drivers side i put a steely under the wishbone and lowered it right down. that gave me spaceto put it in and win!

Also i didnt have the right bit so couldnt change the ARB rubbers. Any idea what size it is? thanks, I Will have to buy some bits next week along with the lower engine mount rubber. If its then not that i HAS to be the one under the ECU.

At first both nuts came loose i was happy bout that! then it came to the end and it was just the thread and nut going round and round. *sigh. Luckily i had Mr Grinder to come to play. heh heh heh.

The work place and gear

During, more or less the same on both sides

Angle grinder had a go. It melted the plastic seal so i could get it off. #winning

Old/new

New on. Both same sides

Both old droplinks after. They wernt that bad looking at them. They did have little tiny cuts in them so..

Next update will be when i buy new bits and Polybush engine mount.
Old 24th March 2012, 17:42   #180
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

what the hell did you do to those old drop links lmao, been on the move since you fitted them?

Quote: