Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 12th January 2015, 14:55   #1
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road
Default Starting back up routine help ?

Starting back up at gym been boxing 3 days a week for past couple of years and before that I was at the gym so I'm going to be sticking to boxing once a week and a 4 day split hopefully but really need help with a decent routine and links or routines appreciated.

Goals are to just get more lean not too fussed about getting bigger would like to a little bit but not enough to affect my boxing, what sort of reps should I be doing ?

Finally back when I was at gym my protein was the shit back then someone recommend me a decent protein shake that's not full of sugars don't care if it tastes bad and any other supplements..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 14:59   #2
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Car(s): Volkswagen Bora 170bhp
Ryancoyle is on a distinguished road

Before you step foot in the gym make sure your diet is good. If you don't eat properly it'll be a waste of time working out.

I go 6 days a week and do a different body part each day i.e. legs, shoulders, chest etc.

Just type into Youtube Chest workout, there'll be shit loads of them.
Ryancoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 15:03   #3
chompy
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Because racecar
chompy is on a distinguished road

I've started back after 9 years off LOL

At the moment I'm training for competing though, so I'm only doing 3 days and concentrating on form rather than weight.

If I can offer any advice, it would be to take it slow and build up. I tried to rush in and caused myself an injury which is still giving me jip from time to time(5 weeks down the line).

I've moved my diet as well, Removed almost all of the shite i used to eat and now have a few different meals depending on the time of day and if it is a gym night or not. Concentrate on eating clean and you can't go wrong really (provided you're not eating shit loads)
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 16:14   #4
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

If you don't want your boxing to be hindered why are you dropping to one boxing session per week?

If you drop to one boxing session and do a 4 day split your fitness is going to take a MASSIVE dive imo.

My best advise would be to keep it simple with say a PUSH/PULL/LEGS and 2 x boxing sessions per week, as well as suitable cardio to maintain a good level of fitness.

In terms of reps well you don't want to gain size (you won't see much in size gains unless your nutrition allows anyway) but you ideally want to train for Strength & Endurance.

So maybe something like 4 reps for 7 sets or keep it simple with a 5x5 but ideally ensure you're lifting heavy weight with low reps and short rest periods for a higher number of sets for strength with endurance.

That's pretty much how I incorporated weight training with MMA, over time I took favour to the gym and train 5 x per week now with my focus on bodybuilding not weightlifting with 1 x MMA session just to keep me handy but not to fight competitively at any level.

Hope that helps a bit, there may be better ways but that's how I found best when I was training MMA more, now I'm all about the gainz.

So my advise would be...

Push Pull Legs routine with reps as I stated above and keep your boxing to twice a week.

A google search will yield numerous routines for Push/Pull/Legs however ensure the exercises are compound.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 19:28   #5
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
I've started back after 9 years off LOL

At the moment I'm training for competing though, so I'm only doing 3 days and concentrating on form rather than weight.

If I can offer any advice, it would be to take it slow and build up. I tried to rush in and caused myself an injury which is still giving me jip from time to time(5 weeks down the line).

I've moved my diet as well, Removed almost all of the shite i used to eat and now have a few different meals depending on the time of day and if it is a gym night or not. Concentrate on eating clean and you can't go wrong really (provided you're not eating shit loads)

Yeah that's one of the things I'm going to really try focus on my diet I wouldn't say it's bad at the moment but could be 10x better I just struggle for what to eat for snacks etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
If you don't want your boxing to be hindered why are you dropping to one boxing session per week?

If you drop to one boxing session and do a 4 day split your fitness is going to take a MASSIVE dive imo.

My best advise would be to keep it simple with say a PUSH/PULL/LEGS and 2 x boxing sessions per week, as well as suitable cardio to maintain a good level of fitness.

In terms of reps well you don't want to gain size (you won't see much in size gains unless your nutrition allows anyway) but you ideally want to train for Strength & Endurance.

So maybe something like 4 reps for 7 sets or keep it simple with a 5x5 but ideally ensure you're lifting heavy weight with low reps and short rest periods for a higher number of sets for strength with endurance.

That's pretty much how I incorporated weight training with MMA, over time I took favour to the gym and train 5 x per week now with my focus on bodybuilding not weightlifting with 1 x MMA session just to keep me handy but not to fight competitively at any level.

Hope that helps a bit, there may be better ways but that's how I found best when I was training MMA more, now I'm all about the gainz.

So my advise would be...

Push Pull Legs routine with reps as I stated above and keep your boxing to twice a week.

A google search will yield numerous routines for Push/Pull/Legs however ensure the exercises are compound.

Thanks tbh I'm like yourself I'm fancying getting to the gym more I don't really have any desire to fight at a competitive level anymore just enjoy the training bit of sparring and decent atmosphere.

I usually start with a 2 mile run to warm up before I touch any weights, I'll take a look in to the 5x5 compound routines and I'll take a look at push/pull/legs routines too try mix it up a little.

Any advice on any supplements I should be taking a look at not bought anything like that for years.

Old 12th January 2015, 21:13   #6
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany4494 View Post
Yeah that's one of the things I'm going to really try focus on my diet I wouldn't say it's bad at the moment but could be 10x better I just struggle for what to eat for snacks etc.

Thanks tbh I'm like yourself I'm fancying getting to the gym more I don't really have any desire to fight at a competitive level anymore just enjoy the training bit of sparring and decent atmosphere.

I usually start with a 2 mile run to warm up before I touch any weights, I'll take a look in to the 5x5 compound routines and I'll take a look at push/pull/legs routines too try mix it up a little.

Any advice on any supplements I should be taking a look at not bought anything like that for years.

Supplements i swear by Bodybuilding Warehouse now, used Myprotein, bulk powders etc. all have there own range but just prefer bodybuilding warehouse.

I personally use 'performance diet whey' and 'performance protein' both taste good and are a good blend.

Other than that start simple, just some fish oils and a good multi vitamin and maybe a zma to start the process and add more as and when they are required.

Keep food simple to, on Sundays I just go to the shop with the missus and buy both our food for the week and then food prep for meals at work, all I do for snacks is either have a quest bar as there high in fibre or some fruit or a shake depending on what best fits my macros.

If i'm prepared I stick to my diet religiously so I just buy all my food sunday, cook loads up and bang it in storage containers in the freezer. Or I cook my dinner in the evening and cook enough for a couple of meals the next day at work.

Typically I just buy these and then I know i'm eating clean.

Carb Sources:

Brown Rice
Wholegrain Pasta
Sweet Potatoes
Corn Tortilla Wraps (Once a week so I can have steak fajitas at weekend)

Protein Sources
(Maybe keep your meats lean but I like variety of protein sources)

Chicken
Steak (I Order a range from Oslinc Farm Shop such as kangaroo, wild boar etc.)
Lean Mince
Eggs
Lamb
Pork
Tuna

Fat Sources
Nuts (Walnuts personally)
Olive Oil (Dressing & Cooking)
Cocunut Oil
Olives
Eggs
Fatty Fish (Samon/Mackerel)

Fruit & Veg:

Peppers
Fruit (Berries, Bananas and Apples usually)
Asparagus
Broccoli
Spinach
Green Leaves
Lettuce
Tomatoes

Thats typically my weekly shop, allows me to make pastas, home made curry, chilli etc. however i'm usually happy with a serving of rice, plain chicken and some greens.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 12th January 2015 at 21:18.
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt_vtr_15a For This Useful Post:
Old 16th January 2015, 14:27   #7
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Default Starting back up routine help ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Supplements i swear by Bodybuilding Warehouse now, used Myprotein, bulk powders etc. all have there own range but just prefer bodybuilding warehouse.

I personally use 'performance diet whey' and 'performance protein' both taste good and are a good blend.

Other than that start simple, just some fish oils and a good multi vitamin and maybe a zma to start the process and add more as and when they are required.

Keep food simple to, on Sundays I just go to the shop with the missus and buy both our food for the week and then food prep for meals at work, all I do for snacks is either have a quest bar as there high in fibre or some fruit or a shake depending on what best fits my macros.

If i'm prepared I stick to my diet religiously so I just buy all my food sunday, cook loads up and bang it in storage containers in the freezer. Or I cook my dinner in the evening and cook enough for a couple of meals the next day at work.

Typically I just buy these and then I know i'm eating clean.

Carb Sources:

Brown Rice
Wholegrain Pasta
Sweet Potatoes
Corn Tortilla Wraps (Once a week so I can have steak fajitas at weekend)

Protein Sources
(Maybe keep your meats lean but I like variety of protein sources)

Chicken
Steak (I Order a range from Oslinc Farm Shop such as kangaroo, wild boar etc.)
Lean Mince
Eggs
Lamb
Pork
Tuna

Fat Sources
Nuts (Walnuts personally)
Olive Oil (Dressing & Cooking)
Cocunut Oil
Olives
Eggs
Fatty Fish (Samon/Mackerel)

Fruit & Veg:

Peppers
Fruit (Berries, Bananas and Apples usually)
Asparagus
Broccoli
Spinach
Green Leaves
Lettuce
Tomatoes

Thats typically my weekly shop, allows me to make pastas, home made curry, chilli etc. however i'm usually happy with a serving of rice, plain chicken and some greens.

Found a decentish 4 day split, also bought some of that v2 protein and some of there honey and berry flapjacks.

I'll be going shopping tomorrow so me eating clean will properly start then probably be something like this, gonna try stay off carbs.

07:00:: oats with banana and protein shake

10.30: chicken with brown rice broccoli

12.30: tuna salad and apple

15:00 protein flapjack bar, orange

17:00 whatever my mum makes usually healthy we don't eat shite haha

20:00 protein shake, chicken with sweet potato and pasta

Struggling for snack ideas, and I really hate nuts.