Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 19th October 2018, 06:07   #1
roosie
L-plater

roosie is on a distinguished road
Default The old notches on torsion bar adjustment row.

I have read through so many post say this best way to fit new bars and adjust the back is the pull bars out and leave the trailing arm in place,otherwise its called doing the notches method which is 3 stages

that's all good but what if you have oversized torsion bars ie 24,25,26mm and that means the trailing arm has to come off to fit them as you cant slide them through.

so my question is, whats the proper way when taking the trailing arm off but not to do the notches method with oversize bars?
roosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2018, 19:03   #2
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

proper oversized bars are waisted next to the splines to allow them to be adjusted without pulling the arms off, however they do indeed need to be fitted with the arms off.

Personally I would never go that high on torsion bars with a car so light, really not needed!
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2018, 19:52   #3
roosie
L-plater

roosie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshpug View Post
proper oversized bars are waisted next to the splines to allow them to be adjusted without pulling the arms off, however they do indeed need to be fitted with the arms off.

Personally I would never go that high on torsion bars with a car so light, really not needed!
Its a race car Welshpug i come out of stock hatch now going into hot hatch, it was proven the quickest cars all had the 25/26mm torsion bars, all lap records are done with the thickest bar, its the only way you can make saxo handle well and quickest is having back end loose, ideally you would have a satchell beam but thats not in regs.
roosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 14:26   #4
sexy_gt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): SUPERCHARGED saxo vts
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
sexy_gt is on a distinguished road

23mm bars in mine.