Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 17th January 2010, 19:45   #21
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
I agree with Baker's first point, there are many private traders on the site, a couple have been stopped, yet some are still allowed to continue advertising on here?

There are people on here that will haggle with people, tell them that what they are selling is worth nothing, and then re-sell it on here at double what he paid. I'm not against someone making money, but that to me is trading. Why aren't they stopped? Members like mandyslover70 are car breakers, yet there are normal members doing this? Why are they affiliates?

And I think Tom is a prime example, he was providing a discount to us, I don't think that's trading. Granted he's making a profit, but its negligible and he's helping the members of the site. Maybe a member group should be created for people like him, that has a minor cost associated.

Please help us out then Rey...if you see something that you feel doesnt comply with the rules just click the report button and either I or another Moderator will look into it and act when appropriate.

Thanks
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 19:49   #22
KrisB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Content ContributorSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Static -80mm Peugeot 405
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
KrisB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
I think its good to crack down on traders that are not paying their way. Theres a few on here that are overlooked, or people doing enough business from the forum to warrant being set up as a trader. I wont mention names. They hurt our sales and have none of the costs. Cash in hand is a nice little earner.

Kev
Kev, i have to agree with you here, i paid to become an affiliate member but if i'm honest i could of got exactly the same privileges by not paying to be affiliate. I often wonder why i forked out the money. Having my own forum is an added bonus but i reckon only about 10% of my clients post in there, the rest are PM's or through my website which i could of just put in my signature like all these other people do.

There needs to be a stricter policy on people offering services on here, especially as i could garuntee a lot of people here are offering their services with no legal backup (such as insurance), neither are they paying the tax man. I have to pay my way to run a business (taxman, insurance, business rates, property rental and so on), these 'other people' doing/offering services are even charging substantially more than i am charging. Plus the fact they come across as simply on this forum to boost their income, they don't care about the 'forum community' and have no interest in solving members problems. Just here for the work.

On pug306.net there is a strict advertising policy. You cannot advertise unless you have paid for your trader status. If you see someone trading without then you report them, the post/signature is immediately removed and the user is warned.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those of who who spread the word about me. If i see someone reccommending me they'll always get a thanks.

Great forum otherwise

PS Kev, did you get my PM with regards to stocking minimal parts of yours such as springs for those last minute lowering jobs i get?

Last edited by KrisB; 17th January 2010 at 19:55.
KrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 19:53   #23
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
To me, all of the above describe a casual trader and NOT an affiliate member. An affiliate member is a company or organisation officially affiliated with the Saxperience community.

======

The rules regarding trading are quite specific I think, but Im willing to update them to make the position clearer if needed?

Its worth baring in mind that NOT all requests to become an affiliate member are approved. In fact, Id say less than 20% are approved, for various reasons.

Individuals wishing to trade on the quiet and make a quick buck here and there, I can understand why you want to make use of free advertising within the community, but unfortunately this is not permitted within the current rules. There are reasons for this, in the interest of the community as a whole.

The fees involved with affiliate membership are IMO very modest and enable both the affiliate and the community members to benefit largely.

Please let me know which parts of the rules need to be cleared up.

Simo
Thanks Simo,

But i don't think you really answer my question that well so answer this

Does an individual member who sells 2nd hand parts frequently, makes numerous threads is this member entitled to be an affiliate member. As i can name a few...

Someone advertising their work? affiliate member?

Advertising parts of their own in their signiture? (basically the same as making a new thread and selling parts just without the thread)

Rules should be cleared up imo.

Should Kam racing a business that soley relies on selling parts compared to the odd trader have to pay the same fee?

The guy advertising TuningLeader for losts and lots of parts he hasnt been an affiliate member for months...

Swampy offering braided lines, sounded like the last lot he wanted rid of to, has to become an afiliate member to clear up last stock?
Old 17th January 2010, 19:53   #24
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

I have started to divert all my private work your way Krisb. Especially lowering jobs
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparco_Tom For This Useful Post:
Old 17th January 2010, 20:00   #25
KrisB
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco_Tom View Post
I have started to divert all my private work your way Krisb. Especially lowering jobs
Yeah, i have noticed that and i appreciate it. Thankyou.

I don't personally have a problem with people like yourself tom, you may offer services to members on here but you ALSO spend the time to sit here, read the forums and help the members with problems they have like myself, when i can find the time.

It's hard for me to answer people's problems. I'm on about 10 forums and average about 25 individual people speaking to me each day. Now even though i'm affiliate i still try and make the effort to help people out, even if it doesn't make me money.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:06   #26
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

Well I've recognised the fantastic deals you have offered to members and it doesn't take much to direct people your way.
I spend a few hours all day every offering opinions and advice to people even when i have more important things to do. Simply because i know how it feels when you have a problem and cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:07   #27
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisB View Post
Yeah, i have noticed that and i appreciate it. Thankyou.

I don't personally have a problem with people like yourself tom, you may offer services to members on here but you ALSO spend the time to sit here, read the forums and help the members with problems they have like myself, when i can find the time.

It's hard for me to answer people's problems. I'm on about 10 forums and average about 25 individual people speaking to me each day. Now even though i'm affiliate i still try and make the effort to help people out, even if it doesn't make me money.
Quote:
Well I've recognised the fantastic deals you have offered to members and it doesn't take much to direct people your way.
I spend a few hours all day every offering opinions and advice to people even when i have more important things to do. Simply because i know how it feels when you have a problem and cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.
Agreed why should you have to pay the premium to advertise your business when you help people out with their problems for free anyways. they should be paying you !
Old 17th January 2010, 20:11   #28
KrisB
Saxperience Forum Bum

Well, you can't expect to earn an income on your own without investing! I spend nearly £500 a year just on the forums alone! Plus the running costs of my website, then the running costs for having my business and doing what i love!

However, you don't see me complaining about the cost of advertising on forums. Most forums you can earn your investment back from in one or two jobs, i don't have a problem with paying. I have a problem with those who don't pay and are offering services in what i can only class as an illegal manner.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:11   #29
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker556 View Post
Should Kam racing a business that soley relies on selling parts compared to the odd trader have to pay the same fee?
Maybe maybe not, we have to get a benefit that outweighs the costs. How we use the affiliate association is up to us as it is for other businesses. Someone like Manic motors will make more per transaction than us as a retailer but we will be selling 3 times as much.

Quote:

The guy advertising TuningLeader for losts and lots of parts he hasnt been an affiliate member for months...

Swampy offering braided lines, sounded like the last lot he wanted rid of to, has to become an afiliate member to clear up last stock?
Both are doing enough business to be traders.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:19   #30
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
Maybe maybe not, we have to get a benefit that outweighs the costs. How we use the affiliate association is up to us as it is for other businesses. Someone like Manic motors will make more per transaction than us as a retailer but we will be selling 3 times as much.

Both are doing enough business to be traders.
So he has to become a trader to get rid of say 5x braided lines, hit harsh man !

Your not only on this forum doing business like him and other smaller individuals which don't outweigh the cost of the affiliate membership otherwise im sure they would be quite happy to pay it and continue trading like you have.

You maybe selling 3x as much to make the same amount of money as another business but your paying the membership to help with that amount of sales, if you weren't on this forum and any others to that matter would you still be able to afford to run the business?
Old 17th January 2010, 20:20   #31
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Thanks Simo,

But i don't think you really answer my question that well so answer this

Does an individual member who sells 2nd hand parts frequently, makes numerous threads is this member entitled to be an affiliate member. As i can name a few... If the person is selling items as an individual and not mass-trading, there is no issue. eg, if someone writes off their car and sells the bits - great. But if somebody buys 20 written off saxos each year and sells the bits, they are clearly trading - not good.

Someone advertising their work? affiliate member? Individuals are allowed to advertise their 'work' in their signatures, provided they stick to the guidelines.

Advertising parts of their own in their signiture? (basically the same as making a new thread and selling parts just without the thread) Fine - just stick to the signature guidelines.

Rules should be cleared up imo. Which bit specifically?

Should Kam racing a business that soley relies on selling parts compared to the odd trader have to pay the same fee? The 'fee' includes privileges in addition to simply being allowed to trade via the forums. Individuals selling items is fine... individuals casually trading is discouraged, as above.

The guy advertising TuningLeader for losts and lots of parts he hasnt been an affiliate member for months... Sounds like casual trading hit report.

Swampy offering braided lines, sounded like the last lot he wanted rid of to, has to become an afiliate member to clear up last stock? swampy has been too close to the line for quite some time - its arguable whether hes trading or individual. More than likely trading = not permitted.
Your question isn't really about whether these individuals should be affiliate members - its whether or not they should be permitted to trade in the for sale / wanted sections. So I'll answer on that basis... (in red above)

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simo For This Useful Post:
Old 17th January 2010, 20:23   #32
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

Baker do you not think it's time to let this thread rest?
Old 17th January 2010, 20:23   #33
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Ok Thanks Simo for taking time to answer them questions

So casual trading and business trading should have to pay the same fee?
Old 17th January 2010, 20:24   #34
KrisB
Saxperience Forum Bum

So are you saying that signature advertising is allowed but...

[example]

Person a) I'm thinking of getting my car lowered, what do i need

Person b) You need springs and the torsion bar adjusted, i can do this for you for £100

[/example]

Would this be classed as casual trading Simo?
Old 17th January 2010, 20:26   #35
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Baker do you not think it's time to let this thread rest?
Not sure why your saying this as you have been targeted yourself,

Ive just seen alot of trading that has/hasn't been locked for not a good enough reason, i wanted to know the answer and now i have got one i will hit the report button 5x in the for sale section when im in their next.

I just can't understand why there is no boundary to an affiliate member and a smaller affiliate member maybe.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:28   #36
Bickerton
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 gti
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Bickerton is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Offering braided lines for sale and sending them are two completley different things.

Ordered on the 6th and not one reply to a PM as to why they haven't arrived yet.

Will pay the little more next time and buy off an affiliate...

If people wanna make money as a trader selling things as new there are many other places for that ie Ebay etc...

Other option is become an affiliate..
Old 17th January 2010, 20:29   #37
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Ok Thanks Simo for taking time to answer them questions

So casual trading and business trading should have to pay the same fee?
Same fee - ??

Only companies/organisations who are accepted as affiliate members can pay the fee. Casual trading isnt permitted.

For best results as a casual trader - try Ebay. Note, they charge to advertise though

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:34   #38
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Seriously bad example, from what I've seen he's scamming, which I did tell you about earlier...

Let it rest, and report who you think are traders.
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:35   #39
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
So he has to become a trader to get rid of say 5x braided lines, hit harsh man !

Your not only on this forum doing business like him and other smaller individuals which don't outweigh the cost of the affiliate membership otherwise im sure they would be quite happy to pay it and continue trading like you have.

You maybe selling 3x as much to make the same amount of money as another business but your paying the membership to help with that amount of sales, if you weren't on this forum and any others to that matter would you still be able to afford to run the business?
I think you are using a bad example. He probably sells more brake hoses than I do over a number of forums. To say he is a casual trader is a little off the mark.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:37   #40
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
Seriously bad example, from what I've seen he's scamming, which I did tell you about earlier...

Let it rest, and report who you think are traders.
He's not a scammer unless theres something recent I am unaware of going on.