Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 19th January 2010, 10:31   #61
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Something ive noticed, and im not sure if it's been answerd, but one topic was regarding people doing work on other members cars.

i'll use two names as examples: (not in any form of bad way)

KrisB & sparco tom

IMO the reason kris is an affiliate with saxp is because he has business insurance, so if he carries out work and something goes wrong, the customer has something to fall back on

tom doesnt, and therefore isnt a business as such, just a guy that does a bit of work on the side.

i wouldnt have a problem using tom to carry out work on my car, however some people may prefer work done by an actual business and therefore would pay extra for the service of kris

im not saying anything bad about the above members just to clear that up. both have great reputations on the forum. just an example as to the difference of the two in terms of trading IMO

also, it could be considerd the same for trading too... pay extra and buy from KAM, knowing that youll get a great service, or save £5 and buy off joe bloggs who you have no protection if theres a problem

The problem occurs when it's actual businesses trading in forsale sections IMO.

regarding swampy. ive used him and have had no problems, i think although what's happened to paul is wrong. everyone jumping on the bandwagon without knowing anything about the situation is worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender

Last edited by Ashleyp; 19th January 2010 at 14:40.
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 21:45   #62
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Cupra 204bhp
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
evans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
The refusal to proceed with 'your' affiliation had absolutely nothing to do with whether you'd undercut KamRacing's or anyone elses prices.

Each case is considered under its own merits. Your request(s) did not fill the reviewees with confidence. Maybe you should re-consider the way you word things and promote your 'company' - you may get a better response.
Don't work there anymore......

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
Sounds like sour grapes. Why bring us into your spat. You still have to find a balance between trying to steal sales from rivals and actually making money.
Kev
nah, not doing that Kev. I know eurocarparts are a good supplier for them both. Full apex suspension kits £150inc vat. Nice profit on them
evans1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 23:12   #63
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans1089 View Post

nah, not doing that Kev. I know eurocarparts are a good supplier for them both. Full apex suspension kits £150inc vat. Nice profit on them
Thats not your net profit though. Take into account tax, rent, staff, advertising and the numerous other costs of running a business and its not as rosy, even just being vat registered saps a little bit of cash...
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 20:31   #64
Bickerton
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 gti
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Bickerton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco_Tom View Post
My threads have been closed. I was barely making any money on all my parts. Being unemployed at the moment this was my only source of income which has now been cut off. I was making only a couple of quid every few days but it was just enough to pay the phone bill and travel expenses whilst job hunting.

Takes the piss but i can understand. I now have a unit full of bits i cant advertise with no job and no source of income no matter how big or small.
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=284364

Wish i had the choice of these two cars when employed let alone if i was unemployed
Old 20th January 2010, 20:34   #65
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

Yep well break my 3 cars and dip into the savings and its all gravy
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 22:15   #66
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickerton View Post
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=284364

Wish i had the choice of these two cars when employed let alone if i was unemployed
theres also THIS aswell. looks like the story of 'just making enough to keep me head above water' seems to have different meanings to some people
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 22:51   #67
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

lol mark, think things have been well outlined now so no need for ppl to bitch on, end of the day all involved are only trying to make money but agree with affiliates as they have running costs aswell as advertsing so all in that boat should do the same, rules are always there for a reason hence being rules. obviousley were well thought out/ammended by this point in the sites life so things should be pretty clear cut, do think mods should have a crack down in the sale section though as its not fair some sshould be stopped while other dont,
on the tuning leader thread thats not tuning leader direct, as its us getting discount if WE want it buy seeing a member to source us these parts from tuning leader so i dont think this falls under the smae rules, plus i want my racelands so dont lock that thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.

Last edited by blackie_2k5; 20th January 2010 at 22:54.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:42   #68
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
lol mark, think things have been well outlined now so no need for ppl to bitch on, end of the day all involved are only trying to make money but agree with affiliates as they have running costs aswell as advertsing so all in that boat should do the same, rules are always there for a reason hence being rules. obviousley were well thought out/ammended by this point in the sites life so things should be pretty clear cut, do think mods should have a crack down in the sale section though as its not fair some sshould be stopped while other dont,
on the tuning leader thread thats not tuning leader direct, as its us getting discount if WE want it buy seeing a member to source us these parts from tuning leader so i dont think this falls under the smae rules, plus i want my racelands so dont lock that thread
Kam Racing buy their stock from suppliers, its the same thing, why should'nt tunning leader have to pay, its clased as casual trading and has been reported. See Kam racing for the raceland induction kit as tunning leader has obviously stole some sale from this.
Old 21st January 2010, 11:59   #69
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
theres also THIS aswell. looks like the story of 'just making enough to keep me head above water' seems to have different meanings to some people
Ebay is a wonderful place, and it was preordered before you stopped me selling my stuff
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:36   #70
Sam-
Frequent Poster
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 1.4 furio wicked red 1.6 Vtr Silver
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Sam- is on a distinguished road

I have to say this thread has been fascinating to read. ( Business Student ) interesting on peoples concept of free market economies. Saxperience is almost like metaphor for the UK economy as a whole. Everyone is going to want to promote there own business. IMO the affiliate members have every right feel angry when other members try to advertise there own services/products when they dont pay the same fees. Whats the point of having affiliates if other members continue to advertise and offer there services freely? IMO Saxperience should protect the affiliate position and be much harsher on rogue traders. Im sure my opinion doesnt count for much but oh well.
Sam- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam- For This Useful Post:
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:56   #71
saxo-parts
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): C2 VTR stripped, 406hdi, clio 172
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
saxo-parts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam- View Post
I have to say this thread has been fascinating to read. ( Business Student ) interesting on peoples concept of free market economies. Saxperience is almost like metaphor for the UK economy as a whole. Everyone is going to want to promote there own business. IMO the affiliate members have every right feel angry when other members try to advertise there own services/products when they dont pay the same fees. Whats the point of having affiliates if other members continue to advertise and offer there services freely? IMO Saxperience should protect the affiliate position and be much harsher on rogue traders. Im sure my opinion doesnt count for much but oh well.
whoooa there, thats all in depth with words like metaphors etc lol, guess you mean the fee's we pay on top of the overheads we pay like rent for premises,business rates,wages for staff,trade and liability insurance,stock purchasing that the guy trading from his garden or back yard doesn't have to cover?? yeah it sure is an easy life being self-employed but i wouldn't swap it for a 9-5 job for the world!
saxo-parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:08   #72
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

i agree with it all tbh, it is totally true...id be mega pissed too, as alot of the time the ppl selling offer things at a higher price then say mandyslover70 and still have no overheads making them twice the profit for none of the costs....but dont close the tuning leader thread till ive bought my buckets!! lmao
Quote:
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:13   #73
saxo-parts
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): C2 VTR stripped, 406hdi, clio 172
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
saxo-parts is on a distinguished road

thats why i get pissed off when people post in wanted things like "need a mk2 headlining" you reply that you have them at £25 and they post back on the forum "£25....next joke please", what a twat! so i don't have to buy the car in, store it or pay the guy who takes it out for me lol
saxo-parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:47   #74
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): saxo 1.4 westcoast, vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
boarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really nice

right just to speak up about this issue..... im the guy who does the tunning leader thread (now closed ) i was earning no money , i don't work for them , i dont own the company i just wanted to help people out as they were much cheaper with parts then most people and when i started the thread i asked a mod if it was ok and they were fine with it so its not like ive done it without asking and bending the rules or doing it for a month, been doing this for well over a year and this is the first time ive heard about this , i have never ment to steal anyones customers, and will be talking to tunning leader to become an affiliated so we can all trade fairly .........tunning leader "maybe me and kam can come to so arrangement to stop slashing prices to compete with each other as soon we will be making no profit at all "

cheers sam Boarer2004
boarer2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:39   #75
Sam-
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1.4 furio wicked red 1.6 Vtr Silver
Sam- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarer2004 View Post
tunning leader "maybe me and kam can come to so arrangement to stop slashing prices to compete with each other as soon we will be making no profit at all "

cheers sam Boarer2004
Mate that sounds like price fixing, which is highly illegal
Sam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 16:24   #76
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Well their are still some traders in the for sale section that trade alot of stuff claiming it to be their own or just bought it but didn't like it,

They have lots of threads and buy parts cheaper from other users and then sell them higher on the forum this is classed as casual trading and i shall report any i see doing this from now on.

I have given links to Simo but still no word back on the people classed as casual trading, i have also passed these onto James he is also further looking into them, and mark has also closed some threads i have reported. Man i should be a mod/

Thanks All.
Old 23rd January 2010, 16:31   #77
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

I have also just removed a few threads which IMO are quite clearly people Trading....keep the reports coming.

Thanks

James
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 16:47   #78
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

i agree with the affiliate bit as said but like i posted previous it, wasnt tuning leader directly, nor did they ask to have sales advertised.. it was if WE wanted, i understand that they will be making money but the pesron posting wasnt which means we may have now lost the cheaper parts.... it would be good if tuning leader could become an affiliate as they offer alot of things kam dont so would benfit us alot, but like i posted tuning leader wasnt casually trading, a sax-p member was passing on discounted parts to us, there has to be some flexibility here surely?
Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to blackie_2k5 For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:59   #79
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): saxo 1.4 westcoast, vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
boarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam- View Post
Mate that sounds like price fixing, which is highly illegal
no not price fixing but just not to destroy the market
boarer2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 16:35   #80
quickpug
L-plater

Car(s): 106 quicksilver , saxo vtr 16v,
quickpug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J222JRA View Post
The for sale section is for members of the saxperience community to sell items they no longer require.

It is not there for Traders to sell items.........If people are doing quite alot of sales on here making them look like a trader then surely it is worth them paying the small costs to become an affiliate member and that way there sales will be more highlited in the affiliates section.......like Kam racing etc etc.

We have to treat everyone equally....we cannot turn a blind eye to certain traders as that would upset our current affiliates.

Sometimes however we can miss certain things (we are human at the end of the day).....If you see someone selling items and they are quite obviously a trader then please click the report button.

Thanks
i was talking to pug1off and you refused him affilites membership and he was willing to pay the charge . i think you just pick and choose who you want to trade . its not right tho how can you let some people trade and not others . you wouldnt give him affiltes membership and then told him he could'nt even trade in the for sale section wich almost stoped me buying a realy cheap set of wheels but i had his email adress so still got them.

you need to sort your selves out man get a grip and let people trade. then if they do somthing wrong then fair enuff dont let them trade
quickpug is offline   Reply With Quote