Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 24th May 2010, 02:29   #1
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about
Default Internet History

As title says what internet have you had?
I sort out the internet in my house always have done.
Can you remember what you paid?

2002 NTL Broadband 768k £35 a month +15 Line Rental. (Was buzzing when I first got this as most people still had dial up)
2004 NTL 10mb Broadband £45 a month + £15 Line Rental.
2006 BT 2mb ADSL £28 a month (Was sick of NTL's Traffic Monitoring)
2006 Tiscalli 8mb ADSL think it was £18 a month.
2007 BT 8mb ADSL was £32 a month.
2008 BE 24mb ADSL 2+ £17.99 a month.

Had it ever since. Can't fault BE it's great value for money. Not good for people who know nothing about broadband though as it has many advanced features.

Sorry if this is a geeky thread but comment if you can.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 02:35   #2
PJN
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk7 Zetec S
PJN is on a distinguished road

Can't remember any dates but

Pipex 512k - £29.99 a month + BT Line Rental (Didn't even get a free modem at the time, had to buy own router)

BT 8mb ADSL (Usually about 4 or 5 megs) - No Cost whatsoever (Paid by my Dad's work at the time)

Currently got Virgin 10mb - £24 a Month - No Line Rental (We use an IP phone for our Landline)

What's BE like? When we move house, we can't get Virgin so my Dad's been looking into it. Have you got the Pro package with the higher upload speeds and the static IP?
PJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 02:38   #3
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

LOL My mate had Pipex we called it Poopex. Whenever his phone used to ring his internet would go off. On old xbox live I'd hear my mate shout "ah shit my phones ringing" then he would disconnect.

NTL/Virgin is shit, I couldn't stand the traffic monitoring. I never even used to download that much but during peak times it used to restrict my line to 1mb.

Now I get about 16mb from my 24mb line and it's all mine to use, never ever gets restricted and I can use as much of it as I want.
Oh also had 1.3mb upload too.
Old 24th May 2010, 02:42   #4
PJN
Established Member
North East Region Member

lol we never used to have much trouble with Pipex. I thought my 11mb per second Wireless router was cutting edge at the time, until I tried to copy files.

And with Virgin, when I do tend to get restricted, it doesn't really bother me.

Yeah, I just need to find out where the phone exchange is in Seaham, to see how far away it would be from where we want to move, and to see if we can get decent-ish speeds. I was gonna say what's the router like, but my Dad brought a Cisco one home from work which he wants to use (Me and Him both swear by Cisco stuff).
Old 24th May 2010, 02:50   #5
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJN View Post
lol we never used to have much trouble with Pipex. I thought my 11mb per second Wireless router was cutting edge at the time, until I tried to copy files.

And with Virgin, when I do tend to get restricted, it doesn't really bother me.

Yeah, I just need to find out where the phone exchange is in Seaham, to see how far away it would be from where we want to move, and to see if we can get decent-ish speeds. I was gonna say what's the router like, but my Dad brought a Cisco one home from work which he wants to use (Me and Him both swear by Cisco stuff).
You would be on the same exhange I am on the East Herrington exchange behind McDonalds.
Old 24th May 2010, 02:54   #6
PJN
Established Member
North East Region Member

Yeah, but we're looking to move house to Seaham, so I'm trying to find out where the exchange is through there. That SamKnows site just seems to show me a map of the whole area, not where the exchange is. Think my dad's just gonna stick with Virgin while we're still living here, to avoid paying Line Rental, the thought of it sickens him.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:20   #7
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJN View Post
Yeah, but we're looking to move house to Seaham, so I'm trying to find out where the exchange is through there. That SamKnows site just seems to show me a map of the whole area, not where the exchange is. Think my dad's just gonna stick with Virgin while we're still living here, to avoid paying Line Rental, the thought of it sickens him.
Been with ntl/virgin/ what ever it was called before it was ntl for ever.

I get around 9mb all the time, never less then around 7 or 8, so im happy. I dont pay for it but i dont think we pay much because we have been with the same company for so long.

When i had ntl years ago it cut out alot, but it got alot better towards them finishing and virgin taking over.

Couldnt be happier with virgin internet to be honest!
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 23:17   #8
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

I have always had O2 20mb for £5 a month
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 12:00   #9
Bodvts
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Seat Leon Cupra GSX 600 SRAD
iTrader Score: 7 (89%)
Bodvts is on a distinguished road

always been with aol started off paying about £15 a month think am paying £7.99 a month now had it for about 6 years all family is on it
Bodvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 12:06   #10
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

1997 AOL dial up.
2002 Bt Broadband until now 8MB line, its slow thinking of switching to o2.