Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 24th May 2018, 18:22   #1
VTR-KING
L-plater

VTR-KING is on a distinguished road
Default Posting pictures...

Can someone please tell me the easiest and most simple way to upload pictures to this forum?

Can i do this from my android?

Im in desperate need of a certain part in the engine bay and cant find any saxos at my local scrappers, so i need to post the picture of what i need.

Thanks in advance
VTR-KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2018, 19:52   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

use tinypic and post the link for direct layout?

Or describe the part.

Is it a sensor or where does the part go? Can probably look on a diagram in service box.
Old 27th May 2018, 14:01   #3
VTR-KING
L-plater

Thanks for reply mate,
I have been told its the air sensor.

I need the full length of wire. Its a length of 4 wires coming off the main coil of wires on the left hand side of the engine bay when you open the bonnet looking in. Blue yellow green white are the colours of the four wires which go into a plug and then clip into a socket.

Basically the blue wire had completely detatched with wear and tear i also believe its been crimped before shortening the length of wire. The mechanic i use said ill need this full length of wire but i cant find any scrappers with a saxo

Someone please help
Old 27th May 2018, 19:44   #4
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

What engine and year of car is it? 3 plug or single plug ECU?

Just to narrow down which loom it has

The only air sensor is on the inlet manifold itself and has a negligible effect on performance.
Old 28th May 2018, 11:53   #5
VTR-KING
L-plater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
What engine and year of car is it? 3 plug or single plug ECU?

Just to narrow down which loom it has

The only air sensor is on the inlet manifold itself and has a negligible effect on performance.
Its a vtr 03 reg, not sure about plug ecu how can i tell?

And yes it does plug in to the top of the inlet manifold.

I have had the car around 4 years and its been the most mechanically sound car ive ever had apart from the common idle revs now and again.

But now theres a strange problem with it misfiring and stalling. I went away a few months back about a 2hr drive and it was fine then the morning after i got in and the revs were really lumpy and where as normally i can get the car rolling in first by just letting the clutch out (none or hardly any gas) everytime i went to let the clutch out the revs were bouncing up and down and would stall everytime so i had to rev the car really hard just to stop it from stalling.

I started the engine after a couple months sat around (not my daily anymore) and again just on tickover it would run ok for a while then cough and splutter and eventually cut out. Anyway you say the air sensor is negligible but while it was ticking over i touched the wire and it affected it (either making i die or run better) so i thought brilliant i found the problem

Strange part is though its like every other time i start the car is absolutely fine again, for this reason ive thought a couple of times oh its fine must of been some mucky fuel or something. One of the four wires is completely detached now and i called a mechanic up to show him the problem and when he arrived it wasnt showing the symptoms, TYPICAL Ey.

Sorry for longwinded post mate just wanted to get everything in so you or someone else may be abe to help with the problem.

Thanks again!
Old 2nd June 2018, 23:29   #6
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTR-KING View Post
Its a vtr 03 reg, not sure about plug ecu how can i tell?

And yes it does plug in to the top of the inlet manifold.

I have had the car around 4 years and its been the most mechanically sound car ive ever had apart from the common idle revs now and again.

But now theres a strange problem with it misfiring and stalling. I went away a few months back about a 2hr drive and it was fine then the morning after i got in and the revs were really lumpy and where as normally i can get the car rolling in first by just letting the clutch out (none or hardly any gas) everytime i went to let the clutch out the revs were bouncing up and down and would stall everytime so i had to rev the car really hard just to stop it from stalling.

I started the engine after a couple months sat around (not my daily anymore) and again just on tickover it would run ok for a while then cough and splutter and eventually cut out. Anyway you say the air sensor is negligible but while it was ticking over i touched the wire and it affected it (either making i die or run better) so i thought brilliant i found the problem

Strange part is though its like every other time i start the car is absolutely fine again, for this reason ive thought a couple of times oh its fine must of been some mucky fuel or something. One of the four wires is completely detached now and i called a mechanic up to show him the problem and when he arrived it wasnt showing the symptoms, TYPICAL Ey.

Sorry for longwinded post mate just wanted to get everything in so you or someone else may be abe to help with the problem.

Thanks again!
If it's an 03 plate it'll have a 3 plug ECU. Lift the plastic cover off the ECU and you'll see it has 3 plugs

That thing with "4 wires" is the MAP sensor. it's crucial for the engine to run, it'll run like a bag of shit with that unplugged - or in your case with a broken wire.

I've circled the MAP sensor, is this definitely the part?

On a side note, ALL air temp sensors on Saxos are 2 wire plugs, not 4 and they're ususally on the throttle body themselves

Old 3rd June 2018, 18:57   #7
VTR-KING
L-plater

Your a legend mate thanks for confirming this.

Im now thinking id be best taking it to an auto electrician to extend the wires as the actual sensor part is what it plug into.

Light work for an auto electrician u think?
Old 3rd June 2018, 23:04   #8
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTR-KING View Post
Your a legend mate thanks for confirming this.

Im now thinking id be best taking it to an auto electrician to extend the wires as the actual sensor part is what it plug into.

Light work for an auto electrician u think?
Yes 4 wires and a new plug. about 15 mins work max lol