Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 14th April 2008, 22:27   #1
LewDacris
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): BMW e46 320ci
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
LewDacris is infamous around these parts
Default HELP: Mobile Contracts

Right, I need help on what to do.

My current contract is with '3', who i've had no problems with and didn't want to leave.

I have 9 months left on my contract. But I wanted a new phone (LG Viewty), '3' told me it would cost me £125 for the handset itself and there was no way they could give me it for cheaper etc. not even if i were to upgrade my contract to more mins & texts.

So I just got a new contract on Vodaphone, roughly the same mins and texts for same price but I get the phone I want so.....I took it.

The guy at vodaphone told me it would only cost me a one-off payment for cancelling with '3' and maybe one month of contract as normal depending on when I cancel, as it's 30 days or summit.

But when I look at the website it looks like I will have to pay off the rest of my contract (9months) or just leave it running till the end OR is there anyway around it??

Anyone know????

HELP!!!!
LewDacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 22:31   #2
bark
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): 172 Cup
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!

Baddddddd Move!!

Take the vodafone contract and explain you were sold it under false pretences, and return and cancel it.
Phone up 3 and ask what the lowest price plan you can take with them is, and lower it to that. Wait a month. Pay it off in one, then you can port your number across to Vodafone in one swift move!

Ta daaa
bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 22:35   #3
JoNaH_FTW
Regular Poster

Car(s): saxo 1.1 (sold) Zetec S tdci Mk6
JoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to behold

i know some1 with a viewty, personally dont like the touch screen on it not as good as ipod touch/iphone, but its good for texts because you can write freehand
JoNaH_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 22:35   #4
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Can't believe 3 wanted to charge so much for that new LG Viewty, T-mobile gave it to me for £25 as an upgrade lol! Agree with Bark, not easy but what he said sounds like it could work, so long as you can cancel the vodafone contract.

lol- LG viewty kicks the iphone's ass mate, my sis has the iphone payed out her ears for it, and my Viewty is better. Only thing is the touch screen on the iphone is more fluid and cleaner, but thats it.
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 22:48   #5
bark
Established Member
North East Region Member

bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!bark is absolutely fabulous!

The joys of working in a mobile phone shop lol

If your forward enough you might even get enough money off vodafone to pay off the remainder of your 3 contract, they do pretty much anything to retain your contract
Old 14th April 2008, 22:51   #6
bexster82
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR
bexster82 is a splendid one to beholdbexster82 is a splendid one to beholdbexster82 is a splendid one to beholdbexster82 is a splendid one to beholdbexster82 is a splendid one to beholdbexster82 is a splendid one to beholdbexster82 is a splendid one to behold

when i went with vodafone i had an existing contract with 02 that was near its end - vodafone brought me out the contract so i would sign up with them - they can do this - and also did this with my friend .
Old 14th April 2008, 22:51   #7
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bark View Post

If your forward enough you might even get enough money off vodafone to pay off the remainder of your 3 contract, they do pretty much anything to retain your contract
...it all helps! If you just renew a contract and say about a month in you want to cancel, would you have to pay out the lot then?
Old 14th April 2008, 22:52   #8
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

Slightly off topic, but i got just over 200 quid credit put on my account with orange overall because i kept ringing up saying I was going to leave and that the service was shite, and i bartered at the start by playing Phones4U and orange direct off against each other.

good times
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 22:53   #9
bark
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_360 View Post
...it all helps! If you just renew a contract and say about a month in you want to cancel, would you have to pay out the lot then?
First 14 days you can return it to the store you got it from.
Up to 30 days you can return it but it's a total ball ache and has to be done direct with the supplier.
After that it's legally binding
Old 14th April 2008, 22:54   #10
bark
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
Slightly off topic, but i got just over 200 quid credit put on my account with orange overall because i kept ringing up saying I was going to leave and that the service was shite, and i bartered at the start by playing Phones4U and orange direct off against each other.

good times
Shy bairns get nowt!
Old 14th April 2008, 22:57   #11
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
First 14 days you can return it to the store you got it from.
Up to 30 days you can return it but it's a total ball ache and has to be done direct with the supplier.
After that it's legally binding
Ahh I see. Cheers Bark, now I know who to come screaming to if I get contract troubles.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:04   #12
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

the viewty is a terrible phone! the iPhone wipes the floor with it!

i've got a viewty and would not put that on anyone, personnally feel they are awful, but if you want to try and have an iPhone on budget....
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 23:07   #13
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Do as above. You have a 14 day cooling off perriod on any new contract where you can return the equipment and cancel the contract with no penalty.

When you've done that have a look on www.dialaphone.com They have loads of offers on the Viewty at the mo on different operators and break down the actual monthly cost for you.

I've just upgraded my contract. Got a new SE P1i free on O2. Kept my number. 400 mins, 600 texts. £20 a month. Kapow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 23:09   #14
bark
Established Member
North East Region Member

900 mins 1800 txts for £17.50 but got a poo phone!

Keep breaking them so no point in getting an expensive one!
Old 14th April 2008, 23:10   #15
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
the viewty is a terrible phone! the iPhone wipes the floor with it!

i've got a viewty and would not put that on anyone, personnally feel they are awful, but if you want to try and have an iPhone on budget....
Whaaaa?? Viewty is quality mate, whats wrong with yours? Its got Video, 5MP, 3.5G and various other shizzle the iPhone can only dream of! Fair play the display and touch screen isn't as good but the iPhone is style and no substance tbh! I've tried loads of phones recently, K850, Samsung G800 etc, LG Viewty I chose because it was by far the best. My sis has iPhone. I think its pretty average...

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/blog/?p=943
Read above. Viewty pwns iPhone tbh..

Last edited by Jazz; 14th April 2008 at 23:13.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:11   #16
Dez
Established Member
South East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vt*
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team member

if i was you i would make a complaint direct to vodaphone about the sketchy sales agent you saw, i really hate them! they do my head in!

I had a very similar situation about a year ago! and in the end the other company which i will name and shame as " 3 " ended up canceling my contract and also sending me £25 in a way of an apology, of course i took the money but i never forgave them!

Decat - Doing my bit for the environment
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 23:13   #17
VTR_paddy
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): citroen saxo mk1 vtr
VTR_paddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNaH_FTW View Post
i know some1 with a viewty, personally dont like the touch screen on it not as good as ipod touch/iphone, but its good for texts because you can write freehand
i agree, my mate wanted to get a viewty, so his misses was getting an upgrade, so he made his misses get the upgrade lol and if he liked it he wud get it, me and him had a play on the viewty, trust me it shit, the touch screen is pretty bollocks. u have to press hard. so what my mate did after realising the viewty was bollocks, was he got an iphone, but he never called up to activate the 100 year tie in contract, or whatever ridiculose contract they have, so because he never activated it, he didnt get stuck with the iphones contract. then he got it unlocked and now he has his old sim in it and it works a treat. hope this is of some help.
VTR_paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 23:22   #18
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_360 View Post
Whaaaa?? Viewty is quality mate, whats wrong with yours? Its got Video, 5MP, 3.5G and various other shizzle the iPhone can only dream of! Fair play the display and touch screen isn't as good but the iPhone is style and no substance tbh! I've tried loads of phones recently, K850, Samsung G800 etc, LG Viewty I chose because it was by far the best. My sis has iPhone. I think its pretty average...

alright maybe doesnt wipe the floor, but the camera, yeah 5MP maybe, but mine no matter what i do with the settings will come up grainy, ive only ever got 2 pictures that came up well IMO..
the iPhone just has the little touches that make it awesome, like when looking through pictures etc the fact you can connect to a network, the fact that the battery actually lasts for a decent amount of time, the fact you can get a signal. Plus they get so much better when unlocked
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 23:22   #19
bark
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTR_paddy View Post
i agree, my mate wanted to get a viewty, so his misses was getting an upgrade, so he made his misses get the upgrade lol and if he liked it he wud get it, me and him had a play on the viewty, trust me it shit, the touch screen is pretty bollocks. u have to press hard. so what my mate did after realising the viewty was bollocks, was he got an iphone, but he never called up to activate the 100 year tie in contract, or whatever ridiculose contract they have, so because he never activated it, he didnt get stuck with the iphones contract. then he got it unlocked and now he has his old sim in it and it works a treat. hope this is of some help.
Sorry to rain on your parade!
But the IMEI will get blocked before long, if a contract or registered PAYG is used in it, they'll track it down, and get you done for acquiring something through deception.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:27   #20
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
alright maybe doesnt wipe the floor, but the camera, yeah 5MP maybe, but mine no matter what i do with the settings will come up grainy, ive only ever got 2 pictures that came up well IMO..
the iPhone just has the little touches that make it awesome, like when looking through pictures etc the fact you can connect to a network, the fact that the battery actually lasts for a decent amount of time, the fact you can get a signal. Plus they get so much better when unlocked
Mine seems to have pretty ok battery life. But when bluetooth is on, it decreases quite badly. I do admit that the iPhone is ALOT better presented in it's screen and interface, fair enough, it is the shizzle to control and use. But if you compare the technical side of things, the iPhone is lacking a lot of things the Viewty has. Unsure if you saw my post in the multimedia section but here it is anyway:

(off productclash.com)

"In this instance, the LG beats the iPhone in most aspects. First off, the Viewty has haptic keyboard response, meaning it has a tactile feel when you type on the touchscreen. (viewty 1, iPhone 0). Next, it has a 5MP camera with xenon flash, auto/manual focus and imagge stabilizer compared to the iPhone's measly crap camera (Viewty 3, iPhone 0). Next as jbeddoes mentioned, it has 3.5G support (Viewty 4, iPhone 0). Also the Viewty can support DivX playback as well as MP3, AAC, WMA, WMV and AMR and also 120FPS video recording (Viewty 5, iPhone 0). Oh did i mention the Viewty can shoot video and the iPhone can't unless you download additional 3rd party software (Viewty 5.5, iPhone 0)? Now not to sound bias, the iPhone has a couple of good points. The built in memory (8 or 16gb) is massive compared to the viewty (Viewty 4, iPhone 1), and has wifi, but that kinda isn't necessary if you have a good data plan (Viewty 5.5, iPhone 1.5). The iPhone is also thinner and i guess would look sleeker than the Viewty so a +1 to that (Viewty 5.5, iPhone 2.5) All in all, the iPhone is popular because it came out first, and with all Mac designs, catches the eye on first sight. But if you were to compare features, sorry mac fanboys, but the Viewty has the iPhone beat in almost every aspect ;-)"

Fair play the LG viewty requires patience to make the most of it, for the first 5 minutes of using it I thought, shit, I might not enjoy this, but after a week I'm absolutely loving it.

And the camera pics can be fiddled with, mine are also slightly grainy in some light conditions, my old 3.2mp K800i seems to have the edge, although common knowledge that Sony Ericsson have possibly the best 'camera'-based phones about.