Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 2nd August 2007, 22:47   #21
lesz42
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Vtr, 01, few mods,
lesz42 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
well i was all set to add the modification to the insurance however i was advised it was 'unnecessary'

tbh, how do you define a performance panel filter? know a guy who spent years selling and er,dealing with claims, and very few where checked, normally for "repeat" offenders.

then again insurance companlys being so tight now, guess they might,
Old 2nd August 2007, 23:33   #22
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): 1.1.1i, 2.Mk2 VTR 3.Astra SRI 150
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

what what what1!!

the panel filter is (in theory) a better replacement to the standard paper filter. better filtration thus better efficiency, thus better engine performance.

(in theory)
Soz ads,
i was thinking efficiency as being mpg. the more air the more fuel etc, not that tehres much more air, hence the fact he probs wont notice a difference.

ham1:
I've got a piperX panel filter, that was about £35 from halfords. I wouldn't go there for one though. Theres places on ebay that are cheap and also www.potn.co.uk who have alot of stuff on their site. not sure what their service is like though? - i've never used them

Ben_L aka Saxmaniac5 Xbox Gamertag: Saxmaniac5
Ben_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 23:41   #23
ham1

Car(s): Saxo X 1.1i 3DR
ham1 is on a distinguished road

I was thinking MPG as well hehe...

Thanks for the advice
ham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 23:44   #24
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxmaniac5 View Post
Soz ads,
i was thinking efficiency as being mpg. the more air the more fuel etc, not that tehres much more air, hence the fact he probs wont notice a difference.
only under full load dude
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 23:47   #25
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I'm sure Kam will order in whatever you need dude
takes a long time to add products lol.. sometimes we start and then head off to the pub instead With ranges like Catcams there are so many options for each car that its counter productive to list everything. People just don't know what to buy.

Certainly we are more than willing to get parts in that aren't on the site..

Quote:
well i was all set to add the modification to the insurance however i was advised it was 'unnecessary'
Especially for a panel filter.. its more a replacement filter than a performace modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham1 View Post
I was reading the FAQs about air filters and noticed the panel air filter simply replaces the standard, would this increase/not effect efficiency as well as increase performance, or would it also decrease efficiency?

Thanks guys.
The 'performance' panel filter are better. All filters trap dirt well thats their job over time most o/e ones get clogged and the airflow through the filter slows. Cotton ones are designed to flow consistently even when dirty which is due to the filter oil and filter construction.

Last edited by KamRacing; 2nd August 2007 at 23:51.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 13:57   #26
ham1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
The 'performance' panel filter are better. All filters trap dirt well thats their job over time most o/e ones get clogged and the airflow through the filter slows. Cotton ones are designed to flow consistently even when dirty which is due to the filter oil and filter construction.
two questions:
o/e = ?
and
Are the cotton ones the standard or the panel ones?

Thanks
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:01   #27
saunders
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Fiat Seicento, MK2 Furio 2000 X, Pug 206
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
two questions:
o/e = ?

Thanks
OE stands for "Original Equipment" if I remember correctly
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:56   #28
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
two questions:
o/e = ?
and
Are the cotton ones the standard or the panel ones?

Thanks
original equipment...

Cotton ones are just a material used by the likes of Green and BMC. They supply panel and cone type filters.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:09   #29
ham1

Cool, thanks, makes sense after knowing what o/e means