Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 20th July 2010, 22:06   #1
_Rob
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Ep3 Civic Type R
_Rob is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Vts in for Catcam 708's and remap this week- Induction kit question regarding the map?!

Hi Guys,

Right I have a vts with the kamracing supersprint system with a ss 4-2-1 on my car at the moment, im also running the raceland induction kit with the large green filter (but without the enclosing box as its a bugger to fit and i never got round to it)
I plan on replacing it with a BMC CDA

Question is:-

Will I gain more power from Installing a BMC CDA prior to mapping ecu on the rollers when the cams are being set up than if i left it as it is induction-wise for the map, and then installed the BMC CDA afterwards.

i.e. Will the induction kit i am running at the time of the map have any sort of effect on the map itself, or is the power gained from switching induction kits fully independant of the map.

I beleive that the map is designed to fit all aspects of the enigne from induction through to exhaust but i am tight for cash at the mo. and these things are like £200 squids so i just want someone to tell me whether the effects will be negligible or whether it is worth investing in the best induction kit before the map.

Soz for the longwindedness!- Hope you follow me

Rob
_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 22:14   #2
bluenotesmiley
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): White MkII VTS Black MkII VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bluenotesmiley can only hope to improve

Not sure how much better a BMC would be over the Raceland if at all. You want to put the enclosure over the filter though to help protect it from sucking in hot air off the engine. Most people say the standard airbox with an uprated filter is the best option for performance.
bluenotesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 22:20   #3
_Rob
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenotesmiley View Post
Not sure how much better a BMC would be over the Raceland if at all. You want to put the enclosure over the filter though to help protect it from sucking in hot air off the engine. Most people say the standard airbox with an uprated filter is the best option for performance.
Yeah i know that would be a decent option i just dont know how to make it fit very well- ill have to get on making some sort of bracket for it but even then it seems to sit right up to the slam panel almost as if it would restrict airflow into it.

Just had a Pipercross viper on my last one and a hole cut from the slam panel so the end came right up to the grill and that seemed to work ace powerwise so was wanting to go back down that route.

Cheers for the advice on the airbox i hadnt heard that before!

Anyone know if the induction kit effects the map to any extent?
Old 20th July 2010, 22:27   #4
bluenotesmiley
Established Member
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rob View Post
Yeah i know that would be a decent option i just dont know how to make it fit very well- ill have to get on making some sort of bracket for it but even then it seems to sit right up to the slam panel almost as if it would restrict airflow into it.

Just had a Pipercross viper on my last one and a hole cut from the slam panel so the end came right up to the grill and that seemed to work ace powerwise so was wanting to go back down that route.

Cheers for the advice on the airbox i hadnt heard that before!

Anyone know if the induction kit effects the map to any extent?
There was a thread somewhere on here that had a couple of options, including the standard airbox and uprated filter, and IIRC the standard came out a couple of BHP higher with the other loosing a 1-5 BHP depending on setup.

The brackets I did have for my Raceland broke so I popped to B&Q and got a couple of the 90 degree metal brackets they had near their screws and bolts. One needed bending slightly but they held it fine. Near had any issues with it half up against the slam panel either.
Old 20th July 2010, 22:32   #5
_Rob
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenotesmiley View Post
There was a thread somewhere on here that had a couple of options, including the standard airbox and uprated filter, and IIRC the standard came out a couple of BHP higher with the other loosing a 1-5 BHP depending on setup.

The brackets I did have for my Raceland broke so I popped to B&Q and got a couple of the 90 degree metal brackets they had near their screws and bolts. One needed bending slightly but they held it fine. Near had any issues with it half up against the slam panel either.
Nice one thanks alot mate shall do that!
Old 20th July 2010, 22:37   #6
bluenotesmiley
Established Member
South East Region Member

Get nylock nuts and you don't even need to tighten it down fully to ensure that it stays secure.