Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 13th April 2012, 13:47   #21
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

well my mate parry121 had jono old 708d engine and automark remapped ecu to suit iirc when he had it done jono made 159bhp or so parry had it r/rd again with diff mani exhaustt and induction at awesome gti and it made 161bhp iirc so figures seem there there abouts
Old 13th April 2012, 13:51   #22
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
Go to automark in stokesly, he's very good, good mates with Wayne as I'm sure that's who trained him

And it's alot closer
Agree these guys are very good I would also recommend.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 14:40   #23
slimwiltaz
Established Member

Car(s): cammed saxo vts(not any more) leon cupra
slimwiltaz is on a distinguished road

im going to ring around the guys suggested and get prices thanks for all the feedback
slimwiltaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 14:43   #24
slimwiltaz
Established Member

rickp-rpm quoted me 999 all in, havn't heard anything back of chipwizards ill try again
Old 19th April 2012, 14:49   #25
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffchiz View Post
the only thing that would stop me going to chipwizards for work being does is that any engine builder must know that their rolling roads figures are so innaccurate, so its either one of two things

they are good engine builders and know their print outs are stupidly high but they carry on regardless

or

they are shit at what they do so they dont know any better and are just iggnorant about their figures

either one i dont think id ever take my car there
Any good engine builder would be more worried about the quality of the MAP itself rather than the final figures. Any builder worth his salt knows all rollers vary and that the final map is much more important.

Just look at pull1off (seeing as you do stuff with them) they use NMS who have a great rep for mapping yet in recent back to back tests seem to have rollers reading 10bhp more than others.
Old 19th April 2012, 15:02   #26
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

Rollers are just a guide at the end of the day, if you want true figures you get an engine dyno involved

Otherwise they should only really be used for safe mapping and helping diagnose running issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 11:28   #27
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk1 JP4'd VTR, '16 Fabia Monte Carlo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
jeffchiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Any good engine builder would be more worried about the quality of the MAP itself rather than the final figures. Any builder worth his salt knows all rollers vary and that the final map is much more important.

Just look at pull1off (seeing as you do stuff with them) they use NMS who have a great rep for mapping yet in recent back to back tests seem to have rollers reading 10bhp more than others.
I see what you mean, would just be interesting to see if they believe the figures or if they jist use them as reference points which if it is the latter then I've probably spoken out of turn

I think its the whole mapping std ecu thing aswell nms won't touch a std ecu as they know they won't be happy with the results they get and its also down to them not wanting that sort of client

My housemate did the catcam trial for the new 743's at rs tuning made 151bhp, then at nms he made 144bhp and the made 141 at surrey rolling road seems the further south you go the lower bhp figure lol

Mines going to nms in the next week or so to sort it out, its a bag of nails atm

jeffchiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 11:57   #28
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimwiltaz View Post
rickp-rpm quoted me 999 all in, havn't heard anything back of chipwizards ill try again
what does that price include mate?

Old 20th April 2012, 16:26   #29
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

See rolling road graphs thread..out of the graphs tom posted NMS gave the highest reading by a long long way. You've got the figures mixed up

I also am not a fan of remapping the standard ecu, but the northerners seem to lap it up even of it does mean they are screwed if Wayne stops doing them.
Old 20th April 2012, 18:06   #30
JoshB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 2010 E92 320i MSport
JoshB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
what does that price include mate?
Ricky's offer is Ph3's, new followers, Cambelt changed, all fitted and mapped. To be honest it's not a bad price at all.

Quote:
I also am not a fan of remapping the standard ecu, but the northerners seem to lap it up even of it does mean they are screwed if Wayne stops doing them.
The standard ECU is pretty good to be honest for remapping, as long you're not bolting any induction modifications on. It's got 24 points to map to, some after market ones only have 12.

And there's loads of places that do it as well as ChipWizards

--------------------------------
Ooooh, Shiney!
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 18:13   #31
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
The standard ECU is pretty good to be honest for remapping, as long you're not bolting any induction modifications on. It's got 24 points to map to, some after market ones only have 12.

And there's loads of places that do it as well as ChipWizards
Sorry if I wasn't clear, it was mostly relating to the modifying the standard ecu to run throttle bodies.

There's not loads of people doing this.

Having the ability to store and back up the map on a standalone is something which is good, espec as over the years I've been on the forums there has been a few of the modified standard ecus fail (more often on 3 plug tu5 j4 engines)
Old 20th April 2012, 18:33   #32
JoshB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 2010 E92 320i MSport
JoshB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear, it was mostly relating to the modifying the standard ecu to run throttle bodies.

There's not loads of people doing this.
Yeah, I agree with you there.

--------------------------------
Ooooh, Shiney!
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 19:33   #33
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
See rolling road graphs thread..out of the graphs tom posted NMS gave the highest reading by a long long way. You've got the figures mixed up

ah crap yea i did lol hes done that many rolling roads before and after different modifications its hard to keep track

Old 20th April 2012, 19:47   #34
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
ah crap yea i did lol hes done that many rolling roads before and after different modifications its hard to keep track
Lol. I found it interesting looking at the figures in that thread tbh.

NMS reading a fair bit higher than the other two.

Hence my initial statement, NMS have a great rep for mapping. The final RR power results as always are not the important thing.
Old 21st April 2012, 15:12   #35
slimwiltaz
Established Member

anyway thought id update to anyone who is interested i've got it booked into automark for the 29th may
Old 21st April 2012, 16:27   #36
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Integra DC5R & VTS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
Liam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimwiltaz View Post
anyway thought id update to anyone who is interested i've got it booked into automark for the 29th may
Be interested to know how you get on. They adjusting the cam timing too?

I know a few people with 3 plugs and Chipwizards remaps who have a constant fault code about a processing fault. Would be a bit of a pain come MOT time unless you switch to a standard ECU.

I also know of a few cases where the ECU has shat itself completely - has always put me off, especially considering the cost of the map.
Liam_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 16:30   #37
slimwiltaz
Established Member

yes he will be adjusting the timing too ill make a thread when i get it done