Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 3rd September 2010, 09:33   #41
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Its not all about the end peak figure.
Its the extra BHP/torque throughout the rev range.

I know of VTS/GTi's making 140bhp or what ever, yet still get slayed off VTS/GTi's with PH3/708's and a remap off Wayne.

Last edited by Steve; 3rd September 2010 at 09:47.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:40   #42
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySAXO View Post
I think bics is abit werid in a gd way, it was close to a cammed vts at nms, that made 144 bhp, Look dnt say that wayne not gd at what he does, but there a reason why most french car specaillist mappers and engine builders dnt keep the standard managment.
One of the reasons other mappers don't map the standard ECU is because they don't know how or fail to get the car to run at its full potential.

Some of the choices you have to make is are you wanting to resell your ECU. Futher modifications/alterations or take your ECU to your next car.
Otherwise nothing wrong with getting the standard ECU remapped. (By someone who knows what they are doing)

Last edited by Steve; 3rd September 2010 at 09:46.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:15   #43
_Rob
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Ep3 Civic Type R
_Rob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by french_baguette View Post
How much did the remap cost you mate? Those are good results.
Mine was 400£, not sure what wayne usually charges but got the work done through another guy who knows wayne, so prob added some on top!
_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 11:06   #44
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

No, the main reason it not done is because a ecu design to be use with non standard parts!

I am not going into ever again! As it soul distroying! Ha
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 10:49   #45
saxo_ron
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Honda DC5, Gruppe M and j's racing
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
saxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupotvtr View Post
yeah I think so mate saxo_ron on here got his mapped ages ago then changed the mani and got it rr'd again with very similar results. thats the figure wayne gave me when I asked about getting mines mapped which was a similar spec.
The change was a new catback exhaust and a rebuilt gearbox - gained a couple of bhp, but yes as a comparison it proved waynes results to be consistent

Andy, your use of English is terrible on here lol - I know what you mean about covering the subject again but there really is nothing wrong with having the Standard ECU managing bodies, cams etc.

Before anyone does any tuning they should look into all possibilities and make their own mind up for what they want

quick to the point, to the point no fakin', cookin mc's like a lb of bacon!!!

Last edited by saxo_ron; 5th September 2010 at 10:52.
saxo_ron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saxo_ron For This Useful Post:
Old 5th September 2010, 17:33   #46
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

yer, when i post off my phone, it like texting so sometimes i dont re read my posted haha

also my english isnt that great,
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 12:36   #47
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

henryvtr is on a distinguished road

wheel power is the only figure that could be 100% as long as you use a decent rolling road like dynojet. all flywheel figures are estimates from the computer not proven, wheel power you can prove thats why good dynos will give you a read out in wheel power and not guess or make up numbers for flywheel power. unless you take your engine out and bench dyno you will never no the exact flywheel power
henryvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to henryvtr For This Useful Post:
Old 6th September 2010, 20:52   #48
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Its worth noting that gearbox and wheel choice can also affect the power reading.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote