Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 5th November 2007, 21:10   #1
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): 1.1.1i, 2.Mk2 VTR 3.Astra SRI 150
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!
Default Removing dashboard

Does anybody know of a guide of how to remove the dash as i think i'm going to need to get to the heater matrix.

OR

Is this something a mechanic can do? If so, what sort of price range would I be looking at?

Ben_L aka Saxmaniac5 Xbox Gamertag: Saxmaniac5
Ben_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 21:22   #2
Scattle
Saxperience Addict
South East Region Member

Car(s): Megane 225 Cup
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!

Does it have it in the haynes?

Edit: This thread may help, it says there are quite a few torx bits and that's all really. http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...=Removing+dash

Last edited by Scattle; 5th November 2007 at 21:25.
Scattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 21:32   #3
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo st tdci & Supercharged vts
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

you basically have to take the centre console out (about 5 torx screws), the lower console (around gearstick - couple of screws), then drop the steering rack (in Haynes manual). Theres also bolts under the scuttle panel under the windscreen, which means you have to remove the wipers etc. Then theres 2 bolts either side under the A-pillers inside the doors.

Its basically a hassle, but simple enough if you take your time. A garage would probably charge a couple of hours labour to remove it for you, but then there's fitting of the parts and re-fitting the dash. Don't think the car woul dbe very driveable with dash hanging off.
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 21:34   #4
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!

It does but its confusing as you have to flick between about 3 chapters.

Removing the heater matrix
*flicks to that page*
1)Remove the complete heater assembly as described previously in this section...
*Flicks to removing complete heater assembly*
1)Drain the cooling system as described in chapeter1a or 1b
*flicks back to original page*
2) remove the heater control panel as described earlier in this section then remove complete fascia assembly as described in chapter 11
*Flicks to chapter11*
Removing fasic assembly
1)Remove instrument panel, windscreen wiper motor assembly and headlight adhuster switch.......

...yup you guessed it in chapter 12...

ARGH

Old 5th November 2007, 21:35   #5
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_K View Post
you basically have to take the centre console out (about 5 torx screws), the lower console (around gearstick - couple of screws), then drop the steering rack (in Haynes manual). Theres also bolts under the scuttle panel under the windscreen, which means you have to remove the wipers etc. Then theres 2 bolts either side under the A-pillers inside the doors.

Its basically a hassle, but simple enough if you take your time. A garage would probably charge a couple of hours labour to remove it for you, but then there's fitting of the parts and re-fitting the dash. Don't think the car woul dbe very driveable with dash hanging off.
Nice one mate. Its probably one for a weekend then i think. Dont really fancy messing with the steering rack though :-/ cheers again

Old 5th November 2007, 21:36   #6
Scattle
Saxperience Addict
South East Region Member

Car(s): Megane 225 Cup
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!

Hmmmm anoying, no guides on here either.
Scattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 21:51   #7
smearsvtr
Established Member
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 96 Saxo VTR 2000
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
smearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_K View Post

Dont U mean dropping down the steering column not rack buddy
smearsvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 22:34   #8
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

think i'm gonna ask my mates dad how much he'd charge me to do it for me... seems like too much effort is involved not only that he's a mechanic so he can bleed my bloody rad. lol

Old 6th November 2007, 22:19   #9
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo st tdci & Supercharged vts
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearsvtr View Post
Dont U mean dropping down the steering column not rack buddy
Yeah that what I meant
Couple of bolts really, but I foun dit easier to remove steering wheel which meant removing airbag as well
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 23:36   #10
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

fixed the problem now anyways so no need t o take dash out. cheers for the help though guys