Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 16th January 2008, 08:44   #1
Adum
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Honda S2000
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Adum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud of
Default Yoko A539

These tires are so wank in the wet!

my car handles like a dog on laminate flooring!

so my quetion to you, folks of Sax-p, is what's the best tyre to for wet roads, as it rains 99% of the time in england?

I was thinking of Toyo TR-1s. any good in the wet?
Adum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 12:46   #2
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

The Toyo T1R tyres are recommended to be very good in the wet mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 12:55   #3
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

lol there not that bad really. Well not so bad in the damp or light rain. There a slightly more sporty compound than some so you do need some heat in them. What size tyres are you using? As in the wet big tyres are a very bad thing.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 13:34   #4
dannyc
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Possi Blue VTR (Gone) MK3 VR6
dannyc has a spectacular aura aboutdannyc has a spectacular aura aboutdannyc has a spectacular aura about

hmm i had these on my old rims, and was very happy with them, even in the rain
dannyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 17:08   #5
Adum
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Adum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud ofAdum has much to be proud of

They are on VTS wheels so that size. lol

i think i'm gunna try toyo's.

it might just be my driving if yours are ok danny. lol
Old 16th January 2008, 17:10   #6
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Could be a fair few things matey. Tyre pressure, suspension set up, allignment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 17:32   #7
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Wrx
iTrader Score: 26 (100%)
OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

I have heard that the toyo TR-1s are very good tyres and they are pretty cheap to.You can get 4 for £135 on ebay.

In need of a cheap car in west sussex near chichester,Please pm me.
OLLYVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 17:58   #8
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Toyo's any day of the week for me. Tried the Yoko's on my last set of alloys after previously being on Toyo's and they were absolutely rubbish and certainly wouldnt recommend them.

Needless to say im back on Toyo's again
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 18:01   #9
Adum
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

yeah iv heard such good things about tr-1s, so think im gunna swap.

Toad - my suspension is standard atm, tyre pressures are 30/32 front 28 rear, i think?! n alignment is ok (I hope). lol
Old 16th January 2008, 19:03   #10
TypeRhys
Saxperience Forum Bum
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Accord Type R
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
TypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant futureTypeRhys has a brilliant future

ive had toyo T1R's and highly recomment them for wet driving.

according to Toyo the tread pattern has been designed to stop aquaplaning.
TypeRhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 19:06   #11
Dibz
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 GTi
Dibz will become famous soon enough

Eagle f1's in the wet everyday of the week!
Old 16th January 2008, 19:09   #12
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): clio 172 exclusive track toy
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
andywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud of

toyos 539 are the devils tyres in the rain saw so many saxos skid off at donnington track day in the rain an every one had yokos on scary shit
andywiddss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 19:10   #13
DAN-VTS
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): NA 220hp standard - proper car, Yamaha R6
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
DAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud of

LOL yes yoko's are dangerous in the wet!
Ive got Goodyear Eagle F1 and they are brilliant in dry and wet!
DAN-VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 19:14   #14
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

andywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud of

ha ha 3 saxos off on the same lap glad i had uniroyal rainsports on
Old 16th January 2008, 19:48   #15
leeK9
Established Member
Ireland Region Member

Car(s): citroen saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
leeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to behold

i have the toyo T1-S's on atm minute.i thrash her into the odd roundabout and havnt got her to let go yet.very grippy even in the wet

T1-R's can only be better

Toyo all the way
Old 16th January 2008, 19:58   #16
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

i use toyo r888 as track tyres there amazing ha ha
Old 16th January 2008, 20:06   #17
Saxo-Slag
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Vtr @ 123bhp R.I.P VTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Saxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant future

Eagle f1's wet and dry

Was Seanp06
Saxo-Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 00:15   #18
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

i had these tyres on my old furio alloys wasn't very impressed at all, much prefer the toyo's i have now.

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 00:15   #19
Simonp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 207 HDi GT
iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
Simon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team member

I've got A539 on the front at the moment, think there rubbish, not grip atall in the wet.

Will be getting T1-R's or T1-S's soon
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 00:16   #20
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanp06 View Post
Eagle f1's wet and dry
agreed
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote