Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 14th May 2009, 21:43   #1
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

lpoolck is on a distinguished road
Default Change your post/thread settings

dont make someone do 100 posts before he can post a wanted or for sale thread...or even view them...as not only does this discriminate the "newbie" but it also disadvantages exsiting members, as I may have a saxo part that I want to sell and some premium member etc wants that exact part, but cant find it anywhere for a reasonable price!
lpoolck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 21:48   #2
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Its the rules fella.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 21:57   #3
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Seat Leon
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!

Help prevent members being conned>missing out on a saxo part

MrHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 22:23   #4
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

I was just suggesting an improvement, as I believe this would be an improvement, and all other car sites im registered to, they do not have these rules.

They are like 50 meembers joining a day, and one of them may have a spare part in their garage that I need as that exact part has went on my saxo last night...however this cannot be sorted due to the rules. I was only adding a suggesting to what I BELIEVE would make this site better. I do not see any down sides, and cant understand how people will be conned, you can smell a con from a mile away, thats whats gumtree is for! lol
Old 14th May 2009, 22:36   #5
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Seat Leon
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!

We've had quite a few in the recent past which is why the rule was put into place, and I agree you can smell a con a mile away but some you can't.. as members found out! Personally I wouldn't buy off anyone with less than 2000 posts anyway
MrHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 22:43   #6
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

well surely the rule should be void and you can make up your own mind on who you can trust, as somone could have 1000 posts and you still wouldnt trust them! yet they have 900 posts more than the minimum! see I believe it has its flaws, not an attack, just a suggestion
Old 14th May 2009, 22:44   #7
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

plus I would like to sell my car on here..and I can understand cons for parts, (even though I think you could see the con from a mile away) but you couldnt con selling a car!!
Old 14th May 2009, 22:56   #8
Hpi_matrix
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): MG BGT, AX Gti
iTrader Score: 3 (80%)
Hpi_matrix is on a distinguished road

Members without 100 posts should be able to view those sections as they cant con people by buying something (obviously shouldnt be allowed to post until 100 posts). Im sure this would cut down on spam.
Hpi_matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 22:57   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpoolck View Post
dont make someone do 100 posts before he can post a wanted or for sale thread...or even view them...as not only does this discriminate the "newbie" but it also disadvantages exsiting members, as I may have a saxo part that I want to sell and some premium member etc wants that exact part, but cant find it anywhere for a reasonable price!
The rule is there to protect the members of this forum. It does not discriminate.

many forums I am on operate the same system.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:05   #10
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpi_matrix View Post
Members without 100 posts should be able to view those sections as they cant con people by buying something (obviously shouldnt be allowed to post until 100 posts). Im sure this would cut down on spam.
yes, thats what I would say would be a good half way point. At least then you would know if someone was selling what you wanted and then for a few weeks be on here non stop posting people lol
Old 14th May 2009, 23:09   #11
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
The rule is there to protect the members of this forum. It does not discriminate.

many forums I am on operate the same system.
Definition of discrimination....to make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality

I believe it is discrimination, as you are making a distinction against a person on the basis of their category (newbie lol) you can argue that it is to protect the members against spam etc however. Which I agree with, however this discriminates the honest newbies!

I am not trying to come across agressive or be disrespectful to your rules and your site, I was just adding a suggesting and giving you feedback, as stated in the forum's thread.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:10   #12
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpi_matrix View Post
Could still view their profile and ask about a item therefore get conned. Rules are rules. Iirc it used to be 50 posts?
Old 14th May 2009, 23:14   #13
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

yeah, but thats the members discression to contact them via a PM or not, they run the risk.

At the end of the day, if someone wants to con you, they will do everything they can to con you. Ive posted nearly 1/3 of the way to be eligable to post in the sales/wanted thread. Yet I made my first post yesterday, and have not been on here for more than 1-2hours. Therefore a con man could easily make 100 posts in no time, and still be there to con you. Its a sad situation they are people who try to con others, and like many other crimes, it is the innocent people that suffer.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:16   #14
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

All i can say join in the banter etc. By the time this debate is over you will have 100 posts lol.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:20   #15
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

lol, yeah very true John G. But I do love these forums. I have been a member for a long time (years i believe) however I was more of a viewer than a poster. Then when I wished to post my saxo vtr for sale I couldnt, I decided to start making posts in the problems forum, as having had a saxo for 7 years and working and fixing them I have come to know their faults to assist others.

Enjoy your 106, I have a Alfa Mito on its way next month!
Old 14th May 2009, 23:23   #16
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

actually says I joined in Jan 09, sure it was earlier! May have made a new account as forgot my username!
Old 14th May 2009, 23:24   #17
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpoolck View Post

Enjoy your 106, I have a Alfa Mito on its way next month!
Yeah ive seen a y reg one, looks very decent, hopfully itl be mine tommorow if miles, mot and tax is long. Alfa Mito sounds good.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:36   #18
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Its not just 100 posts btw its also a 30 day membership duration.

Most scammers are put off by this.

We removed all viewing rights to the forums for this because there were still some big scams going on.

They wont be changing in the near future thats for sure no matter how many newbies complain.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:38   #19
Ben
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ecoboost
iTrader Score: 22 (100%)
Ben is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team member

I think the rules are good as they are, as said above the 30 day rule stops most scammers as they want a quick sale.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 15:55   #20
lpoolck
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_G View Post
Yeah ive seen a y reg one, looks very decent, hopfully itl be mine tommorow if miles, mot and tax is long. Alfa Mito sounds good.
Aye cant wait for me to get it! be cool, loved my time with the saxo, just needed a change!